Photo

Kylie Minogue has breast cancer

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Niche

Niche
  • 2521 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

Yea but a women losing a breast is like a man losing his balls u feel. Women dnt feel like a female with only one breast u hear of them putting a fake one on instead but its not the same so some people do prefer death so they can die feeling like a female.

Anyways I feel sorry for Kylie becuz now she has breast cancer (which is bad enough) her whole treatment will probably b in the publics eye and she has to put on a brave fave even though she probably feels like crap

#27 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

Yea but a women losing a breast is like a man losing his balls u feel. Women dnt feel like a female with only one breast u hear of them putting a fake one on instead but its not the same so some people do prefer death so they can die feeling like a female.

Anyways I feel sorry for Kylie becuz now she has breast cancer (which is bad enough) her whole treatment will probably b in the publics eye and she has to put on a brave fave even though she probably feels like crap

View Post

The first part I can't agree with, I see no need in my testicles really, other then the fact they produce sperm (im not having kids so not point in my having them really, other then for sex. Can you have sex without one testicle?)

But the other part I do agree with, that must be very hard on the poor lassy.

And don't worry Kim, you know you've got me to talk to, I've been through shit aswell as you, I just have a weird way of sympathsising.

#28 Guest_Analogue_*

Guest_Analogue_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

The amazons lived with out one breast..

Moving on... I think cancer is one of those things that DO scare people, like the plague or small pox or something like that. The most important thing is helping the person get through it, the chances of getting a certain kind of cancer these days are really high. 1 in 7 women get breast cancer. im not sure about other cancers. Would lung cancer be more risky.

I agree with Frizzle about the smoking thing tho. Smoking does... increase the chances :S

#29 Niche

Niche
  • 2521 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

The first part I can't agree with, I see no need in my testicles really, other then the fact they produce sperm (im not having kids so not point in my having them really, other then for sex. Can you have sex without one testicle?)

Yea you can have sex with one testicle, but most men in this world want to have children so I guess you shud try and view it through there eyes if you have no need for yours.

P.S I could of predicted that u would of sed something along thoughs lines...

#30 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

I think it's something like 95% of people who get Lung cancer have recieved it through smoking, and only like 15% of them survive.

#31 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5360 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

Most of the 15% get lung cancer as a secondary cancer- when other cancer spreads.

#32 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

I'd still wouldn't use a pessimisticoras you call it realistic, im a stubborn  bastard.

#33 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:52 PM

random fact: the <b>Guy</b> who did the "come on down" died of breast cancer.

#34 AnnaBella

AnnaBella
  • 356 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:05 PM

Cancer is hard no matter what end of it you are on.

I have had many friends that have died and survived.

I've been through it myself.

It is never as easy as "just cut it off"

Sometimes a positive attitude is impossible to possess in those situations.

~Anna~

#35 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

Shes cancelled her Australian tour :(

#36 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:44 PM

random fact: the <b>Guy</b> who did the "come on down" died of breast cancer.

View Post

The guy? How the heck is that possible? O.o

#37 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:46 PM

5% of all breast cancer patients are men.

And who cares if she gets her boob cut off, she's rich, she can buy a new one!

#38 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:58 PM

5% of all breast cancer patients are men.

View Post

Interesting, I didn't know that...makes sense actually now that I think about it...doesn't actually have to be a boob...

#39 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

Just breast tissue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users