Photo

URGENT: Please Reply

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Tan

Tan
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

I didnt know exactly where I should put this , and frankly please dont reply , "You should have put it in ______" ..... Just invis it or whatever , but anyways heres what I need help with

I have a virus X__x.
Well I posted about it on one of the small amounts of time I was able to be on that I had it and like 4 people suggested downloading and using Kaspersky...

Well I ran a full search and it found the file.. Said I should delete it ... so I highlighted it and clicked delete and tried , do what kaspersky thinks you should ... blah..  well It just makes an hourglass then bam its gone and nothing happens , the screen stays up and the virus is still here... More tips? Any Answers..? Well Im afk .. So if you have a question for me that needs a reaction please PM it.. I have to go for a little while .. anyways for anyone who reads this long ass stuff and posts help , thanks ^_^

#2 Hater_Boxden

Hater_Boxden
  • 1156 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

if u have a dell u can call them they will guide u through everything they have good customer service

#3 Redblade

Redblade
  • 1459 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

I agree with STM.. go for the reformat. but before that, perhaps you can note down the impt prog in case u forget so u can install them back later.

#4 vegeto9898

vegeto9898
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

Reformat...
Or actually dl Kaspersky...

#5 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

if your going agenst reformating serch google the exact name of the virus and there will probly be a guide on how to remove it

#6 Tan

Tan
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:17 PM

The thing about CRANBERRIESing reformating that pisses me off is that this is not my computer ... But my mothers and I have no idea where the CRANBERRIESing XP install cd is, Now lets move on to that I found out the problem is called

Trojan Win32 Dialer
and its .eg
Ive looked all over... still no .eg

there are .ay
.a
.f
.e
but no .eg...
>_<

#7 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

You have to run it in Safe Mode. Otherwise the program is still running and you can't delete it. Don't even try to find it. Just run the program again in Safe Mode or delete it manually.

#8 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

Its a trojan so it probably wont spread itself...And its a dialer so watch the phone bill :p

I would say, download a trial of mcaffe or norton av or avg antivirus, get rid of the virus ^^

#9 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:31 PM

if you saerch google for "Win32 Dialer.eg" some stuff comes up. I think the link on the top goes to a link for a free tool to remove it

#10 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

I know its the wrong topic but can anyone teach me how to reformat and save stuff to a disc so I can backup my stuff?

#11 Tan

Tan
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

Ok , call me an idiot , I know things about computers and web design but I cant remember how to enter safe mode ... X__x... its f_ what at start up?

#12 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

Ok , call me an idiot , I know things about computers and web design but I cant remember how to enter safe mode ... X__x... its f_ what at start up?

View Post

Press F8 while the computer is starting (I don't know when, so I usually just spam the F8 key until I see the right screen), and you can choose to boot in Safe Mode.

#13 Tan

Tan
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

Press F8 while the computer is starting (I don't know when, so I usually just spam the F8 key until I see the right screen), and you can choose to boot in Safe Mode.

View Post

TEE WIIH!!!
LoL... Well Im gonna try it now.. thanks. :D

#14 Redblade

Redblade
  • 1459 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

if you saerch google for "Win32 Dialer.eg" some stuff comes up. I think the link on the top goes to a link for a free tool to remove it

View Post

its no use.. I try it before.. but it will come back again... delete it in safe mode is a better option.

#15 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:57 AM

Or if you are feeling particularily explorative today, use a countervirus. Google it. And I dont take any responsibility if you blow up your own box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users