Photo

Full Metal Alchemist

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:16 PM

Other than Family Guy, Full Metal Alchemist is the only Adult Swim show I watch...it can get a little confusing yet it is still good.

Do you watch it and what do you think of it?

#2 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:23 PM

It has a stupid name...

#3 Blazin

Blazin
  • 2201 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:27 PM

The worst dubbing I've ever seen by a professional organization. I was quite happy when it was left alone in its raw japanese format, but the change has completly killed its mood, same with the naruto series airing on Cartoon Network, its a bit sad :( . They have not even gone through the entire series yet and its been ages, only 52 episodes as well, not much. Though as it's own series, regardless of dubbing, it's an excellent anime ^-^.

You've atleast got to watch the Boondocks? :lol: ^-^ (On Adult Swim)

#4 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:49 PM

I hate dubbed anime, but its an alright show, you don't understand if you miss an episode.

#5 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:27 PM

It has a stupid name...

Yeah that's the one thing that I don't want people to see when I'm watching it :p

#6 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:24 AM

Such a good anime, bad subb/dubb.. the ending is sad

#7 Bahbuu

Bahbuu
  • 2028 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:27 AM

love it !!!!

[I watched the japanese ver. with chinese subtitles]

there's a movie coming out in hong kong during christmas!!! *jumps up and down*

and I don't think there's an ending yet, ... I think the manga hasn't finished =\

[but the anime has]

Edited by Bahbuu, 06 December 2005 - 05:28 AM.

#8 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:31 AM

I know what happens in the movie, its a really weird plot..

#9 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:42 AM

I just saw the first and 2nd episode and was like OHHHHHH ... if you see those then you'll have a better understanding on why they are on their adventure.

As for dubbing I say they did a alright job. It's very interesting.

boondocks and samurai champloo are the shiz!

#10 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:44 PM

I haven't watched FullMetal but have heard good things about it so I might try and get some episodes

#11 Balistix

Balistix
  • 1160 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:26 AM

bought the whole set , watch till episode 42, gonna finish the whole set tommorow.. err.. *looking at clock*.. I mean today.. shrug its 1:30 am.

#12 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:27 AM

I've seen a few episodes it seems like a pretty cool show. I always miss it though :(

@Blazin- YAY BOONDOCKS! ^_^

#13 Balistix

Balistix
  • 1160 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:31 AM

watch it and you wont regret it :p

im currently on.. err alphonse got the stone of.. something( mine is in japanese(I think) with english subtitle) err the red stone in his body after suka died.

#14 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:43 AM

Well the way it sounds, they messed up when translating it to english(another victim) I don't mind subtitles though...*sees if Best Buy sells the DVD's* ^_^

#15 OldSchool

OldSchool
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

FMA is better with subs as is most anime..Like Naruto :thumbsup:

#16 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

oh my !!!! I really really like full metal.. It's soo good.. and soo sad at times.. Omg.. I soo even cried when.. ********* died.. I don't want to give it away.. but yeah.. soo sad.. ANd the flame alchemist's reaction.. wow.. really showed his caring.. anyways, it's a awesome show!

#17 Stone

Stone
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

The Series is amazing in my opinion, awsome storyline especially near the end. The Fullmetal Alchemist movie is kind of disappointing but still quite interesting, i just had hoped they would make a second season :( the dubbing wasn't good i agree, but still decent.

#18 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

The Series is amazing in my opinion, awsome storyline especially near the end. The Fullmetal Alchemist movie is kind of disappointing but still quite interesting, i just had hoped they would make a second season :( the dubbing wasn't good i agree, but still decent.

what? you mean it isn't continuing?? :o .. omg! On cartoon Network, they are to the part when the Humonculus (or however you spell it) start dying.. ED has killed the guy one (I've forgotten which "sin" he was") and the little boy one has killed the girl with the long fingers.. the last episode, Ed had turned his mother one into a Gas to evaporate in the air.. how much longer does it have until it's over? :crybaby:

#19 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

Only 2 more episodes until its over. I've seen the movie and the 2 episodes in japanese with subtitles, its awesome

#20 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

Only 2 more episodes until its over. I've seen the movie and the 2 episodes in japanese with subtitles, its awesome

GAH! only two more episodes? does that mean it will be over for good or is there a chance they will make more? I know the next episode is called "Death" and I looked it up.. it said a alchemist will die.. !!! omg.. if anyone knows who it is don't tell me :p .. whoever it is I know I will probably cry.. I cried when they killed the guy who was always showing pictures of his daughter.. so sad :crybaby: .. Does the movie take place like after the last episode or is it and adventure that happens during the series?

#21 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:38 AM

Ed dies. And Al, so sad. They are fighting Lust and all the sins in the place underneath wherever. I was like WHAT?? until the last 5 eps.

#22 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

Ed. And Al.

what? Wha WHAT!? You can't mean that.. I mean you can't be saying that Ed and Al.. omg.. OMG.. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Don't tell me! I so not looking at this topic anymore until I see the episode..

!! OMG! :'( I just watched "Death" omg.. OMG! :'(

Edited by amyjia, 07 March 2006 - 02:51 AM.

#23 Lange

Lange
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

I'm done watching the 51 episodes + the end movie! Thanks mr Emule (my neighbor)

And I can confirm that its a good anime :)

#24 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

I've went to video stores looking for stuff and came across seasons or movies of it yet I have never seen it off of my tv guide. (No not the book just off of the tv). Not that I am even interested in anime but is it only in japanese or something?

#25 Lange

Lange
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

I don't know I've never seen it on TV. but I live in canada

And the version I saw was in japanese with french subtitles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users