[Video] A father assaults a skateboarding kid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Blaine

Blaine
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

http://www.youtube.c...Q.../treasures/

Assaulting a minor? And infront of his children . . . I understand that perhaps the kid could have been "disturbing" the peace or whatever, however this does not give this man the right to tussle with the lad. They're both in the wrong here. As an adult though, he takes major responsibility.

P.S: For some reason I have a small feeling this is scripted O_o doesn't feel natural.

#2 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

Dude if that was me who got pissed off at the skateboarder man I would kick the shit out of him. <_< When the skateboarder was told to mo0ve away from the premices of the guy's apartment or whatever and he didn't obey that would really get me pissed off. I'd take the skateboard and beat it over his head until he gets a koma or something <_<
But thats just me, and I don't think it was staged either looks pretty authentic :)

#3 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:13 AM

The guy needs to calm down. Now, if I remember correctly, there were atleast two other kids that could've wailed on that guy's back while he pinned down a friend. He's very lucky they chose not to by respect, were cowards, or didn't want even smaller kids to see.

Anyways, he was being a tightwad. Let them try to do their tricks.

#4 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

The guy clearly warned the skaters to move away and when they don't listen twice thats all the reason I need to kick their asses <_<

#5 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

The guy clearly warned the skaters to move away and when they don't listen twice thats all the reason I need to kick their asses <_<

Haha. I wouldn't listen to him either. The dog really does not add to the respect factor. He, at first, wanted to take the skateboard and that would be theft and he didn't control their right to be there. Had the manager come and gotten them off, sure. Either way, the kids could've taken him if they wanted. Maybe if the girls jumped in, the numbers would change, but they definitely could have.

#6 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:26 AM

That looked kinda fake O_o How one second you look and the guy is no where near the skater, and the next he's jumping on him O_o
Anyway, I felt sorry for that poor doggy :(

#7 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:31 AM

Well you don't neccesarily know that, there are alot of people who might look pretty weak but I guarantee you they're stronger than you think. One of my teachers is kind of chubby and a little tall but that guy can take on like 5 teenagers. And this auto teacher has the same body shape as that guy and last semester this 12 grader started to punch him and the teacher landed 1 blow on his face and the teenager was down. :p And those skate boarders looked like they were all talk and probably too scared to do anything. <_<

Edited by Vinces, 29 June 2006 - 11:32 AM.

#8 Cam

Cam
  • 1690 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

Seen it old..

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

They call that assault these days? He was just trying to take the skateboard off him, he didnt even throw any punches or anything, he even let the kid stand up...

The kids with the skateboard did look like they deserved a beating though in my opinion. :whistling:

#10 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

I thought the guy was in the right and those punk ass kids got what they deserved. It's a shame to see the lack of respect kids have for people nowadays. it's pieces of shit like that that perpetuates the stereotype of skaters as punk asses with no respect.

Edited by Cript, 29 June 2006 - 11:44 AM.

#11 philywilly

philywilly
  • 1656 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

As a skater.. I find this especially funny, and the adult obviously was wrong by trying to control things... he should of called the cops or something... he was just making matters worst and if I'd be the kid, I'd seriously do more to piss him off.

#12 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

and if I'd be the kid, I'd seriously do more to piss him off.

Which is why you'd get the living shit beat out of you if you came near me or most other upstanding citizens.

#13 Blaine

Blaine
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

lol, This should be moved to the general debate forum. I totally agree that the kid was probably going against the man's orders to play the role of the rebellious-child-who-scorns-authority. However, this is a grown man. How can you guys condone or encourage harmful behaviour?

#14 sockopen

sockopen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

That kid is lucky that a) that guy is really fat and b) he didn't kick the fuck out of him like I would have.

#15 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

The guy needs to calm down. Now, if I remember correctly, there were atleast two other kids that could've wailed on that guy's back while he pinned down a friend. He's very lucky they chose not to by respect, were cowards, or didn't want even smaller kids to see.

Anyways, he was being a tightwad. Let them try to do their tricks.

QFE

IT wasn't even his property, he had no right to tell them to leave. He was wrong, not saying the kids weren't, but he has no control over them. The fact that he attacked the kid trying to take his skateboard is one of the most immature things he could have done. He doesn't deserve to be a father, his kids'll probably grow up hating him. I hate him and I don't even know him. <_<

#16 AJB540

AJB540
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

I xD'd.

I'm on the side of the kids. I can see what the guy was trying to do, but he really over-reacted. Taking the kids skateboard is wrong, and it theft. Not exactly what an "upstanding citizen" does.

#17 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

The guy did the right thing, it doesnt matter even if its infront of his children.. PLus he shouldve beat the shit out of the skateboarding kid..

#18 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:49 PM

Im pretty sure there is some past conflicts between the man and skateboarders. So taking that into count if some punk ass skateboarders keep skateboarding in front of my building even if I told them not to what would you do. If the kids weren't there that guy might have beat the shit out of him.

#19 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

I was hoping the old guy was gonna hurt someone : ( Oh well.... He should have gone harder on them.... Things like that wouldn't make them stop. Hm... Oh well, I certainly don't support the skaters.

#20 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:56 PM

Some of you are assuming that a) there is a serious past history and b) that it was the guy's property. Assuming both of those are true, then yes his reaction (while being extreme) was somewhat understandable. Personally I think he was just some some dumb-ass vigilante. Prolly watched one too many Kill Bill/any other revenge movie.

#21 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:06 PM

That guy needs to take a chill pill. Seriously over here i can skate at a tafe campus and afew people will ask us to move and they end up watching my '1337' skillz :p

btw to all you non australians, Tafe is like collage

Edited by Raui, 29 June 2006 - 03:14 PM.

#22 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:22 PM

That guy needs to take a chill pill. Seriously over here i can skate at a tafe campus and afew people will ask us to move and they end up watching my '1337' skillz :p

btw to all you non australians, Tafe is like collage

Is TAFE one school or are their many? I have two friends that go to TAFE.

#23 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:24 PM

If he would have grabbed my skateboard I would not have even grabbed back for it. *BAM* Punch the face and I wouldn't stop. And if it was my friend and was standing there, the old fuck would ahve gotten the shit beat out of him infront of his kids.

Unless it is posted not to "Loiter" you can do what ever the hell you want to.

#24 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:32 PM

Guys, I could care less who's property this guy is. The thing that really upsets me is the complete lack of respect these kids are showing for an adult. The guy expressed that what they were doing was harmful. Can they not have enough respect for other people's things to go find somewhere sanctioned for skating? If I saw some kid riding a bike through your family's flower bed, I'd ask him to get the fuck out...and you guys would mind that?!

#25 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

Guys, I could care less who's property this guy is. The thing that really upsets me is the complete lack of respect these kids are showing for an adult. The guy expressed that what they were doing was harmful. Can they not have enough respect for other people's things to go find somewhere sanctioned for skating? If I saw some kid riding a bike through your family's flower bed, I'd ask him to get the fuck out...and you guys would mind that?!

The skaters are just invoking the stereotype that skaters have no respect for adults or authority etc. But those skaters are just posers if he was a real skater he would be able to stick the proper landing on the trick he was doing. <_<

Edited by Vinces, 29 June 2006 - 03:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users