[Video] A father assaults a skateboarding kid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#26 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:53 PM

If he would have grabbed my skateboard I would not have even grabbed back for it. *BAM* Punch the face and I wouldn't stop. And if it was my friend and was standing there, the old fuck would ahve gotten the shit beat out of him infront of his kids.

Unless it is posted not to "Loiter" you can do what ever the hell you want to.

You'd start hitting someone just because he took your skateboard after you wouldn't leave? Wow...big man.

#27 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

You'd start hitting someone just because he took your skateboard after you wouldn't leave? Wow...big man.

Yes. That is theft. These kids were not "riding through the man's flower bed" (which was a bad analogy as flower beds have much more time value than a brick), they were skating on stairs and if he wanted them gone he could have gotten management. He took it into his own hands, and they could've taken it into their own hands to prevent theft.

#28 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

Yes. That is theft. These kids were not "riding through the man's flower bed" (which was a bad analogy as flower beds have much more time value than a brick), they were skating on stairs and if he wanted them gone he could have gotten management. He took it into his own hands, and they could've taken it into their own hands to prevent theft.

Management never does anything about it. And if the guy went to management the skaters would run away and the guy would look like a liar in front of the management if didn't have any proof of the skaters being there.

#29 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:03 PM

He wasn't completely in the right...but the kids retorting with violence would definitely get them a 1-way ticket to jail. The guy tried to ask the kids to leave, and you know damn well that video didn't tell us everything, we can't know that the guy wasn't supposed to look after that property, or that he might have known that skateboarders were chronically being told not to skate there.

Here's how it should've went.

Guy: Kids, stop skating.
Punks: Ok sir, we'll find somewhere else.

Or.

Guy: Kids, stop skating
Punks: Sir, we have a right to skate here.
Guy: Ok, either you do have this right...or you don't. And since you don't, i'm going to call the cops and get you little fuckers fined.

He was out of line, yes, but I bet $5 this has happened plenty of times before and there probably were signs saying they couldn't skate there.

#30 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

He was out of line, yes, but I bet $5 this has happened plenty of times before and there probably were signs saying they couldn't skate there.

True. I'm sure they were warned about skateboarding before and I'm sure there were signs there, but you cannot assume that this guy has done this before. Instead of functioning as a vigilante and puttng himself in a bad light for tackling some kid while stealing his skateboard, he could've reported them and let the manager handle it. Then, that little pipsqueak could've called the manager crazy instead of the guy.

#31 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

Point 1:
Fuck you.

Point 2:
It's my skateboard, I payed for it. You have no legal right to take it.

Point 3:
If you assault me or one of my friends, it's ass. Around here friends are fucking family. You take up for eahc other, no matter who is in the wrong.

#32 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

Point 1:
Fuck you.

Point 2:
It's my skateboard, I payed for it. You have no legal right to take it.

Point 3:
If you assault me or one of my friends, it's ass. Around here friends are fucking family. You take up for eahc other, no matter who is in the wrong.

You're saying fuck me because I posed a good point for suggestion? Grow the fuck up kid.

That guy was immature, plain and simple, but that was by no means assault. The only people who would call that assault are pussy ass camera men who get knocked over by a celebrity. The courts are in place for a reason, that guy takes your skateboard, call the cops...don't hit him...because then you're no better than him.

Edit: It's "paid" not "payed."

Edited by Cript, 29 June 2006 - 04:16 PM.

#33 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

ahaha that kid saying get a life buddy ur crazy
the other kid held onto his skateboard with his life haha

yea if i was that guy id throw their skateboards under a 22 wheeler truck or sumthin :)

#34 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

I issued some warns, please there's no need to attack each other over your opinions, so keep it clean guys :)

#35 hey

hey
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image

Change "Post" to "Thread" and you got yourself a perfect image for this thread.

#36 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

lol cool ava

#37 Joe083150

Joe083150
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

http://www.youtube.c...Q.../treasures/

Assaulting a minor? And infront of his children . . . I understand that perhaps the kid could have been "disturbing" the peace or whatever, however this does not give this man the right to tussle with the lad. They're both in the wrong here. As an adult though, he takes major responsibility.

P.S: For some reason I have a small feeling this is scripted O_o doesn't feel natural.

You do have a good point :)

#38 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

o.o He throws down my friend I'm gonna help my friend kick his ass. That's just me though. The kid isn't hurting anyone, and besides, the sound of a skateboard isn't THAT annoying... I don't skate though. The guy should have just called security.

EDIT: Cata, around here, the friends thing is the same, but if you're friend IS in the wrong, and he can take the other guy, you leave it. Other than that, you help your friend get out of it.

Edited by trixx, 29 June 2006 - 05:38 PM.

#39 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:29 PM

If that was me and my friends, that guy would have gotten a skateboard smashed into his head. You don't fucking take somebody's skateboard away. That same thing happened to us except it was a lady and we just took it back easily.

That dude shouldn't have done anything like he did. If he wanted to effect the kids, he should've called the police, but he didn't have the balls to. Or he couldn't just faked it. Because I know the second somebody actually does call the police, we bail. The last thing you want is a ticket and have to do public service for skating.

All in all, that guy did it wrong and was a flat out dick.

But those skaters are just posers if he was a real skater he would be able to stick the proper landing on the trick he was doing. <_<

O_o
Are you joking? You think every skate can do every trick every time. It was obvious he was just trying it out. He didn't have enough speed, if he did he would have done it good. I'm not a poser even though I'm not a great skater.

Edited by Sean, 29 June 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#40 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

If that was me and my friends, that guy would have gotten a skateboard smashed into his head. You don't fucking take somebody's skateboard away. That same thing happened to us except it was a lady and we just took it back easily.

That dude shouldn't have done anything like he did. If he wanted to effect the kids, he should've called the police, but he didn't have the balls to. Or he couldn't just faked it. Because I know the second somebody actually does call the police, we bail. The last thing you want is a ticket and have to do public service for skating.

All in all, that guy did it wrong and was a flat out dick.
O_o
Are you joking? You think every skate can do every trick every time. It was obvious he was just trying it out. He didn't have enough speed, if he did he would have done it good. I'm not a poser even though I'm not a great skater.

I'm sorry Sean...I just can't figure this stuff out tonight. A guy takes your skateboard...so you and your friends are willing to commit assault with a deadly weapon...or is this just figurative?

#41 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

I'm sorry Sean...I just can't figure this stuff out tonight. A guy takes your skateboard...so you and your friends are willing to commit assault with a deadly weapon...or is this just figurative?

Mostly figurative. Basically, if somebody tries to take your board after being a complete asshole to you, they get what they deserve. If the guy had actually thrown a punch, than it would have been literally. This one kid I skated with hit some guy in the head with his board because the guy punched him in the face. It didn't continue cause we ran. What goes around comes around.

#42 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

You're saying fuck me because I posed a good point for suggestion? Grow the fuck up kid.

That guy was immature, plain and simple, but that was by no means assault. The only people who would call that assault are pussy ass camera men who get knocked over by a celebrity. The courts are in place for a reason, that guy takes your skateboard, call the cops...don't hit him...because then you're no better than him.

Edit: It's "paid" not "payed."

Do not tell me to grow the fuck up. :) I am 18 years old, and can therfore say what I wish/think what I wish. opinions are fun.

That is assualt. laying hands on another human being in a hostile manner is assualt.

Edit: Trying to make me look bad because of my spelling errors? Good luck. #1 I don't give a shit how I spell things. And only people who think they ar ebtter than me ever try to point that out.

PAYED

#43 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:51 PM

Im gona close this thread because I don't see it going anywhere positive. It's escalated too far sorry guys :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users