Photo

195-proof drinks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rush

Rush
  • 1812 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:13 AM

Now that i got your attention, I need to know how to make ethanol..
yes, I tried google and no luck, either they just state the steps and talk about what they are and don't divulge into details <_<
And this isn't for personal gain, its for reasearch. ^_^

I just need steps with specific instructions to make them ethanol..
So far I have checked the following:
http://westernplains...iz/ethanol.html
http://www.green-tru...ust_ethanol.htm
and various Wiki pages..

It would be a great help too :D

#2 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:46 AM

Now that i got your attention

Yeah, 195-Proof drinks are crazy. :D I don't know how to make ethanol. Who would when they could go to a local grocery store and buy some?

#3 Rush

Rush
  • 1812 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:55 AM

Actually, in this research of our group (we are three people :)) we will be extracting from jackfruit ^_^
some other group from past batches used a different fruit of the same genre or family so i think this will be good ^_^

#4 fred

fred
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:45 AM

i know ethanol is like a gas, its made from corn. no joke. haha and they use it for energy purposes. Theres two enthanol plants in Canada. Why would you wanna make enthanol?

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:16 AM

http://homedistiller.org/

That'll probably help, but you'd be crazy to even think of making 195-proof drinks...

#6 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:55 PM

A shot of pure ethonol will cause you to go blind, deaf, or die. Honestly. That much ethonol is deadly. Stay the hell away from it. It's not because its so much ethonol, it is due to the concentration. When it gets into your blood stream and goes to yuor brian it causes severe problems.

Please do not attempt to make/drink this. It is also highly flamable.

#7 Cuteangel333

Cuteangel333
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:05 PM

A shot of pure ethonol will cause you to go blind, deaf, or die. Honestly. That much ethonol is deadly. Stay the hell away from it. It's not because its so much ethonol, it is due to the concentration. When it gets into your blood stream and goes to yuor brian it causes severe problems.

Please do not attempt to make/drink this. It is also highly flamable.

I think you mean Methanol...

#8 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:45 PM

http://homedistiller...hp/Introduction

I find this quote amusing:

LOL that quote was awesome.

Anyways... just buy ethyl rubbing alcohol and use it? xD

*goes to home distiller* xD My "source" is left town for a couple weeks. Gonna need that site :p

#9 Kitchwa

Kitchwa
  • 3256 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:49 PM

I think you mean Methanol...

Don't question cata. He's teh secks and he knows what hes talknig about ^_^ :p

#10 Rush

Rush
  • 1812 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:56 AM

I found the previous research done with ethanol, turns out im gonna use yeast, gelatinized glucosed solutions, HCl and i think some water and time ^_^
I think the term was acidic hydrolysis then fermentation and a big thank you to all those who helped and provided information *feels smarter* :D ^_^ :ninja: :pirate:

#11 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:34 AM

Shit. You guys are right. xD That's Methyl. A guy at my school drank a cup (thinking he was cool) and was rushed to the emergency room. Turns out his is partly blind or something now.

I have never met the guy, this is what several teachers (including my chemistry teacher that witnessed it) said.

My bad! No reason to go off cursing at me and telling me I don't know a damn thing. I just forgot the "M"!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users