Photo

Have you ever quitted neopets?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Lange

Lange
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

I think I remember, it all began on this "dupe day". I had finally saved 5million(or so) nps and was ready to buy the everlasting crystal apple(actually I dont remember what it was called lol) All I remember is that the item would heal 50hp on every rounds and that would assure me hours of pleasure in the battledome. (You are basically invincible with this item if your pet is low level). Anyway I placed my bid on this item in the auction genie. The minimum increasment was 500k so nobody would be dumb enough to waste that much for no reason. Man was I wrong, there's this one guy who places a bid. So I emailed him to understand why he did that and he explained that he didnt care cause he was gonna dupe it anyway.

It did make sense. I was really pissed but anyway it was dupe day so I didnt really care, I was busy duping my own stuff. (mushrooms to increase strenght and defence) I gained like 100 str/def points this one night.(and I didnt get frozen)

Anyway later in that night, once the glitch was repared, I placed another bid on the crystal apple thing and went to bed. My mistake is that I left the refresher opened that night. So tell me! what do you think happens when you have 70 items in your inventory and you win an auction?

The item never makes it to your inventory but of course you lose the money..

So yeah that pissed me so much that I stopped playing.

But yeah that's just one of the many times I quitted this game. But probably the most frustrating one. because I would usually quit when my accounts would get frozen cause I really cheated. But this one time I had done nothing wrong lol... Well ok maybe I did...

What about you? Ever told yourself you were quitting for good?
Why? And did it work?

#2 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

Huh. Well, I've been frozen multiple times, but I still play occasionally. I'm doing something special with a few other codex members right now, and if we keep our heads on right, we just might pull off a sweet deal tongue.gif

#3 Martin

Martin
  • User under investigation - Potential scammer

• 772 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

I got fed up when my main was frozen. Now I go on once ever other day or so for bout 20min. Hmm from what redlion is saying I might be more interested in the future biggrin.gif

#4 ATHFBlink

ATHFBlink
  • 1920 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

Who HASNT quit at one time

#5 Zeeky

Zeeky
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

I never do my choice, hell I could, but it's fun and I enjoy my Guildies always. I just always get frozen, then quit for a few months, then play again. sad.gif

#6 AnnaBella

AnnaBella
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

I had an account that had about 25 mil in savings and 4 great pets and petpets, about 90 avatars and lots of good stuff in my SDB.

Lost it all in the April password glitch....my account was iced because they thought it was being scammed, but they never let me hagve it back. I quit for a while, but started a new account and started cheating like crazy, but I have lost interest lately...I haven't quit, but I don't play nearly as much...I just go on for my dalies and lab ray.

~Anna~

#7 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

Quitted isn't a word.. -.-"

#8 Lange

Lange
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(Travis @ Jul 28 2006, 01:24 AM) View Post

Quitted isn't a word.. -.-"

It did sound wrong in my head but hey it's 2am sorry.gif

#9 Martin

Martin
  • User under investigation - Potential scammer

• 772 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:43 PM

lol I guess it should have bee stopped playing tongue.gif Dont worry we all make mistakes. I actually think Neopets has been loosing a lot of players because of poor plots and prizes.

#10 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:53 AM

My first account was awesome - I had a decent pet and about 6m (which was a lot to a beginner like me). Then the April '04 glitch came, and all of it disappeared. I was frozen by a staff member to "protect my account," but after it was unfrozen, I logged in, and all of my items were gone.

I was pretty upset, and quit for like a year, then met up with a bunch of friends to share an account. It went pretty well for about two weeks - we had two very good stockers (in different time zones, so we stocked almost 24/7) and made like 30m in that time, with lots of items left to sell. Then we got frozen for the obvious reason, and I quit again. I miss my gstaff and gsword. sad.gif

I made a new account, but I'm barely going to be active in it. I will probably just do the dailies and the lab ray, and maybe some training.

#11 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:34 AM

I quit a few times but I permanently quit aou 7 months ago. Completley legit account, 25 Mil from reselling, Grey and Baby Lupes both with 150+ in each stat, 130+ avvies, 15 trophys. ALL LEGIT! And i get frozen >.>

#12 Forcemaster

Forcemaster
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:40 AM

I'm quitted, well, semi-quitted, I sometimes visit the site, I do use programs when I have the time etc, but the game is boring, I've had enough accounts frozen not to care anymore, so I wouldn't mind my current account frozen anyways.

#13 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

well lol I was frozen like 150 million times tongue.gif
because of cheating on games tongue.gif

#14 fonkeymonkey

fonkeymonkey
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:05 AM

rofl. That does suck. Ofcourse I quit neopets, douzens of times, but I always went back. I first quit because I got iced for multying on my main and side account which had about 650mil on it...

#15 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:24 AM

I had a friend named Reddy a while back (one year ago?) who lost his RoDN for some strange reason. When he contacted TNT about it, they refused to return the real one, but instead gave a one-of-a-kind Fake Rod of Dark Nova. It was funny, because it looked just like the real one, but it couldn't be equipped. He lost a lot of his previous weapons before, too, so he quit after that. :/

#16 fonkeymonkey

fonkeymonkey
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:35 AM

1 of a kind? He could have sold it to a collector for more then the value of RoDN and then buy another RoDN.

#17 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, it was one of a kind, but who's going to pay more than the cost of a RoDN for a fake RoDN? I don't even think a collector would do that.

#18 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

laugh.gif Maybe...

Well, I've quit a few times, whenever I get bored...I've never really been a serious player anyway smile.gif

#19 Nenofyn

Nenofyn
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:47 PM

I play Neopets for over 5 years and I only quit ones xD

The first time my account got frozen, for something I didn't do. But tnt thought I did and well, they don't care about the rest then. So I tried getting my account back, it wasn't such a great account but it was my very first.
I was angry, for real xD, and I stopped playing for a little while.
After that break I wanted to come back to Neopets. I made a second account and I build it up alot the first few days. At 7 months it was a great account if I can say so myself cool.gif
I had a Pea Chia, Royal Cybunny (female), a strong battle pet and a Maraquan Draik. I had 273 avatars. I had avatars I thought i'd never get!! Like buried treasure.. but all gone because I helped some person with graphics for FREE and I still got frozen because I "scammed that person out of items, neopets or neopoints"....

After that I didn't took a break. I was more angry then ever but I can't quit because I met so many wonderful people on Neopets biggrin.gif I know I don't know them and can probably never meet them, but I like talking to them. Neopets is the only way because most of them don't have msn or aim xD And I don't have yahoo.. So yeah..

Well that was my story xD

#20 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(shin @ Jul 28 2006, 01:13 PM) View Post

Yeah, it was one of a kind, but who's going to pay more than the cost of a RoDN for a fake RoDN? I don't even think a collector would do that.

I'd rather buy something "One of a Kind" than something others have.

#21 otherworld

otherworld
  • 1022 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:50 AM

I have quit about 3 times

first account was about 4 years ago and forgot the password, and username lol

2nd account was giggsy152 (legit), got bored after losing loads of stuff and self froze by swearing on the AC. whistling.gif

And I havent been on my current account for a few weeks now, im just too bored

#22 xban_daid

xban_daid
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:54 PM

Quit once for a few years. Just got tired of it and preoccupied with other things. U.U Sigh. Unfortunately, I'm back in it's claws.

Edited by teh noxy., 29 July 2006 - 08:58 PM.

#23 mobster281

mobster281
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:04 AM

Ive been on and off for years. I think I joined it when it was barely starting but didnt know what it was about. A year later is when I really started playing and was addicted. Its been about 2 or 3 years since Ive been serious about neopets. I used to spend all my free time on it. I recently joined but Im not really hooked on it. I spend maybe 20 minutes on it a day. Over the years of frozen accounts I could easily have over 300 million. I made 10 million legit and got frozen for profanity. This made me decide to take the cheating way. I joined a forum similar to this and got me a main shop autobuyer, I dont know if they excist anymore cuz I havent heard about them. Anyways In 3 days I got my 10 million back because I remember I restocked some plushies worth like 6 million and also a bunch of potions

#24 xam

xam
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

neopets sux, i quit like 2 years ago and i'm kinda back..i only play like once every 2-3 days and about 30 minutes

#25 stupidangelx

stupidangelx
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

I got frozen like 10 times the all of them exept the 5th i did nothing wrong and the 10th i got really lucky!!

8 of them i got frozen for refreshing and autobuying and auto playing games and also neoquest 2 playing like crazy... but i still got like so many good items those accounts where like aged accounts which were like 7 months or older but ummm pretty much i quited like 2 times for cheating and it was really fun cheating tho but you know when you get a really really really expensive item which is like 3 million and up or 500k and up or something you can rs and then sell for high and make money and a lot but the time when i quit neopets was like when the time where like i had a SUAP while i was using hacks and i was like OMFG!! i got a SUAP and then like few mins later i got frekin frozen and i lost my SUAP but i didnt lose anything else cuase then i had a Driak egg and Draik MP which i sent on my main account which turned out safe but while i had my SUAP i was like wth lets do some battledome with my pet and some other players and then like my last min of my SUAP i was going to get a pea chia for avatar and stuff but then i got frozen and so thats when i quited pretty much

but then like after few months later i came back to neopets and so i resumed my main account

and the 10th one i got really lucky becuase i played Extreme Herder Autoplayer which had a wicked score above 800 but i didnt get frozen anyways i got a new trophy, avatar and a map becuase of world challenges

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users