No replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3528 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:35 AM

I found this on Good Tutorials

Lets begin..

Step 1 - Just take a background from americas army or whatever you want. Put it in the sig and press Control+U, make sure colorize is checked (along with preview) and put a nice color...I did blue this ti'me...

Step 2 - Ok next thing we want is that gray area in the sig. Select the part of the sig you want to be gray, and then Right mouse click, press layer via cut.

Ok now deselect and make sure you have the gray box layer selected at the layer box. press control+U again, colorize and preview on and leave everything the same except for saturation, that must be 0. then it is gray.

Now we want a 1 pixel black border around it ofcourse, Go to the blending options, stroke, stroke outside 1 pixel black. and that is done.

this is what we have untill now.

Step 3 - making the non-ani'mated layers in photoshop. Ok you have 2 layers now, one with the background layer..and one with the gray box..select the background one and right click on it, press duplicate layer and a screen will pop up..just press Ok or Yes there. Now you have 2 background layers..the same..but you need 3. So duplicate that layer again so you have 3.

like this:

Step 4 - Making the layers ready for ani'mation...
Ok now comes the tricky part...you have the 3 background layers.

Bottom one: Leave it like that...nothing that needs to be done
Middle one: Go to Filter>Blur>Radial blur and put your settings on:

Zoom, and ammount 18, quality good.

Top one - Filter>blur>radial blur and put the settings on

Zoom, ammount 28, quality good.

Ok now that is done..if you want put ur name on it somewhere..but lets not do that now in the tut.

Step 5 - Ani'mation...Ok now save it I suggest  as PSD only...

Now at the bottom of your photoshop tools menu you see a little button with an arrow...put your arrow on it and if it says: edit in I'mageready press it...(if you know for sure what button it is just press it without looking at text)

Now you are in I'mageready...here comes another tricky part..First put ur sig on Opti'mized (at the top of your sig box).

Now...lets ani'mate...you see the ani'mation box below.

Frame 1, Make sure you only have a little eye in the bottom background layer and in the gray box layer.

This is the I'mageready layers screen now:

Frame 1 - Little eye in the bottom background layer and gray box
Frame 2 - Little eye in the middle background layer and the gray box
Frame 3 - Little eye in the top background layer and the gray box
Frame 4 - Little eye in the middle background layer and the gray box

And then you are done, press save opti'mized as to save it...

Experi'ment with colors and put a border around it and text and stuff like that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users