34 replies to this topic

#1 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

Someone linked me to this:

WARNING:

EVEN IT IS FROM A REAL NEWS CHANNEL, IT DOES CONTAIN RACIAL WORDS THAT MAY OFFEND SOME, IF YOU GET OFFENDED BY RACIAL WORDS, DO NOT WATCH.

original: http://youtube.com/w...p...ted&search=

remix: http://youtube.com/w...p...ted&search=

What do you think should be the punishment?

Edited by Fatal, 15 October 2006 - 07:30 PM.

#2 Red

Red
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

Racist teacher.

Punishment.

Deportation to Compton

#3 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:35 PM

Wow. Its a bit old, but still...

Completely unacceptable in a teacher. No one should use terms like that. Not in derogatory sense anyway. In a way, I get his point when he talks about the difference between CENSORED and CENSORED. CENSORED is a curse word, CENSORED is almost a synonym for poor guy or dude. Its hard to tell the difference most of the time, but its still unacceptable for a teacher to use either one.

Damn, I didn't realize it was censored here on the board tongue.gif I can't really change this to make it sensical... damn tongue.gif

#4 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

10 days is fine. = =" One of the other teachers in grade 7 hit a student, like for fun, and he didn't get suspended for that long.

#5 foogie

foogie
  • 5818 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:24 PM

lol.

there's a time and a place and circumstances for everything.

#6 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:43 AM

Oooooooookaaaaaaaaay? I've heard this explained by a black person from my school to me when she brought up racism and she said that because they have a different culture and it would be very difficult for others outside that culture to fully understand what they're saying people who are white could probably never fully understand the true meaning of the word to black people. And thus they should not say it because it's insulting to them no matter what. Just hearing the teacher and looking at him say it he shouldn't have even tried. For one, he's in a teaching position and has a duty of responsibility and an example to his students. Two, he has probably no clue what he's really doing.

Oh well. Ten days suspension well deserved I think. He doesn't deserve to get fired, of course... but he needs to get punished in some way.

#7 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:18 AM

Negro - A word for the colour Black.
Negro - A word used for Black slaves when slavery was around.
Nigg(a) - Bastardization of the word Negro to cause offence to black people.
Nigg(er) - A different bastardization of the word negro used in terms in which dude, man etc would be used.

If the black student didn't want to be called Nigg(er) he shouldn't of said it himself. I'm taking the teachers view on it, he seemed to be a smart guy in a crazy world. And in the age of insanity, the crazy man leads the way.

Edited by Frizzle, 16 October 2006 - 06:18 AM.

#8 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

That is barking bull shit.

Be for real people. How often do you walk down a hall at school and hear some body say hey nigg(a)? Or something along those lines? Any school official or any official for that matter can go bark themselves before they tell me I cant say it. Its not a derogatory term anymore. Maybe it was in the past, but it no longer is.

I used to joke around all the time with friends at school and had no problem calling a black dude nigg(a) rather I knew him or not. Yeah he may find it offensive, but that wasn't my intent and if he cant figure that out then he can go barkin die.

The teacher shouldn't have said this just because he is a teacher and a role model, but the kid shouldn't have said it either. Yes I do believe that the kid said it. The kid saying it however is no justification for the teacher and the teacher should have been punished. Maybe a slap on the wrist and some soap in the mouth but not a suspension.

Its funny the only people I ever hear bitching about the word, in real life, are people who use it in every other sentence. If it is racist then don't barkin say it. Damn its not that hard is it. Nigg(a) please.

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Oct 16 2006, 08:18 AM) View Post

If the black student didn't want to be called Nigg(er) he shouldn't of said it himself. I'm taking the teachers view on it, he seemed to be a smart guy in a crazy world. And in the age of insanity, the crazy man leads the way.

Frizzle the teacher didn't call the student Nigg(er) he called him Nigg(a). Big diffrence.

Edited by Marine, 16 October 2006 - 08:45 AM.

#9 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:59 AM

Yea sorry thats what I meant, just cba to change it lol.

#10 Jeff

Jeff
  • 2342 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

Oh my god...he even made a little chart explaining the word >_<

This guy's crazy, is what I think. Why would he even say it in the first place? He makes it seem like it's okay to say it or something...

#11 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:55 AM

I think the kid is a dumb bitch. "I don't care if there's an apology, I want him fired." *throws a little tantrum*
The whole thing is stupid, the word is used ceaselessly, I mean hell, you can't even get away from it on the radio. Better yet in a high school setting. The teacher made a big mistake and was punished, why this is still an issue, I don't know. I had a teacher at my school openly call some students "stupid" and he wasn't punished. How is 10 days not good enough?

On a side note, I do love how they had the black reporter interview him.

QUOTE(69 @ Oct 16 2006, 01:27 PM) View Post

Oh my god...he even made a little chart explaining the word >_<

This guy's crazy, is what I think. Why would he even say it in the first place? He makes it seem like it's okay to say it or something...

It's not? I'm sorry, I don't give a shit if they want to slap on some racial line (which by the way, when it suits the cause, there should be no line whatsoever), they shouldn't use it if they don't want to hear it.

#12 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

People misinterpret everything nowadays, and frankly, if I were the teacher, even if I did know the difference between the two words, I would avoid saying them altogether because it would cause unnecessary chaos.

#13 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:49 PM

Rofl, I like the remix and when he adds an "h" to the end.

#14 Tan

Tan
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

I love how people abuse their rights in America.

By that I mean the kid , as well as many others out there now. I'm 100% sure that kid said nigg(a) first. Yes , the teacher was wrong for saying it back , but still , that doesnt deserve the publicity and the punishment it gets. Just because one person asserts their rights against mistreatment by an official on a news channel does not make them a victim. Anyways. I've got a teacher who openly cusses in our class, and who makes referances to "brotha" or "in da hood" or "homies" or some other type of indirect referance to a black boy in my class. The boy is mature and knows everyone is just being friendly and closer than just a teacher student relationship , and like 80% of the people who claim Nigge® or CENSORED(a) are so racist is actually mature enough to see through that. NOTE: He also constantly says things like "Its cause your white" and stuff , and my teacher is just fine with that when he throws back , "Even boys at sunnyside can do it do yo" xD. Well. Thats my 2 cents. Take it or leave it. The world is ridiculous with all its lawsuits and low tolerance.

Edited by Sasuke, 16 October 2006 - 02:06 PM.

#15 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(sakura.seppun @ Oct 16 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post

I think the kid is a dumb bitch. "I don't care if there's an apology, I want him fired." *throws a little tantrum*
The whole thing is stupid, the word is used ceaselessly, I mean hell, you can't even get away from it on the radio. Better yet in a high school setting. The teacher made a big mistake and was punished, why this is still an issue, I don't know. I had a teacher at my school openly call some students "stupid" and he wasn't punished. How is 10 days not good enough?

On a side note, I do love how they had the black reporter interview him.
It's not? I'm sorry, I don't give a shit if they want to slap on some racial line (which by the way, when it suits the cause, there should be no line whatsoever), they shouldn't use it if they don't want to hear it.

my math teacher threatened to kill this one kid if he didn't sit down ohmy.gif, he didn't get in trouble

Edited by Fatal, 16 October 2006 - 02:39 PM.

#16 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

although this teacher should get jumped, i don't think that he should be suspended. blacks use "n|gga" like "dude" "friend" "buddy", and then if anyone other than a "n|gga" uses it (actually we're at the point in society that anyone other than white people can say it) , ~omg racisT!~

can you lend a n|gga a pencil?

#17 Jeff

Jeff
  • 2342 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(Fatal @ Oct 16 2006, 05:39 PM) View Post

my math teacher threatened to kill this one kid if he didn't sit down ohmy.gif, he didn't get in trouble

That's just...wrong.

Well, that's past wrong. If that happened in my school, so many people would nark tongue.gif

EDIT: 1700th POST!!! YAY!

#18 Plew

Plew
  • 1754 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:44 PM

wow the teacher is so stupid ohmy.gif Why would u use the "n" word around African people?

He is so stupid ohmy.gif

#19 Niche

Niche
  • 2521 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

The teacher crossed the line. End of.

#20 flashboy2

flashboy2
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:34 PM

bad bad teacher

#21 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(Plew @ Oct 16 2006, 09:44 PM) View Post

wow the teacher is so stupid ohmy.gif Why would u use the "n" word around African people?

He is so stupid ohmy.gif

First of all, the label "African American" is the dumbest, most persistently used phrase in our vernacular. Every time you call someone an "African American," you're making at least two assumptions about the person:

1. That the person is an American. For example, if you saw this guy walking along on a street, you would probably think:

Note: there is no 'Arial African American' font, so I settled for the more oppressive 'Arial Black.'

IPB Image

...which is fine, except for one small detail: this man is British, which makes you a presumptuous cock.

2. That the person is African (because it's inconceivable that black people could come from Haiti, India, Trinidad, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Australia, or Jamaica). Nevermind that; BLACK PEOPLE ONLY COME FROM AFRICA.

Not to mention that every time you give a black person the distinction of being "African American" out of a mixed group, you're making an assumption about an entire continent; not everyone from Africa is black. I guarantee all you politically correct morons out there have never called a white person an African American. Of course you could avoid all these problems by using the same standards on blacks as you would on whites by simply assuming that all whites are from Africa just as you do for all blacks, but that might be too forward, and in a polite society like ours, people would be all too pleased to point out which of the 192 countries you didn't guess they were actually from.

http://www.thebestpa...ur_stupid_ideas

Edited by nox, 17 October 2006 - 12:41 PM.

#22 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

Actually nox a LOT of blacks hate being called African American. Why? They didn't just get off the plane from Africa. They have never been to Africa in their lives most likely. Whoopi Goldberg once lectured someone who called her that when asked "How does it feel to be an African American?". Most I have talked to prefer to be called "Black." Not all Whites are also Caucasian. There are a few tribes in east Asian where they look exactly like Caucasians but they have been in Asia for thousands of years. Not to also mention that some people are called "Eskimos" when they're really from Mongolia! Also people usually strictly call people who are from the "Orient" Asian. They usually don't call people from the Middle East, Russia, India, Somoa, or any of those countries Asian. Why use it to be more politically correct then? Why not just go back to saying the typical: White, Black, Dark, Pale, Tan, Red, Oriental, whatever like I learned to when I was a kid before people yelled at me for calling myself white? (yes, that happened once)

#23 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

I love this;

White kid says n!gger, he gets jumped.
Black kid says cracker, everyone laughs.

In school, if you say n!gger, you get in trouble. BUT, you can openly scream cracker and no one will say anything. Both of the words are just as derogitive as the other, but since in America we're like "LETS TREAT BLACKS DIFFRENTLY BECAUSE OF THE PAST LOL!?", they can say whatever they want.

- Oh, and Tetiel - I think Nox was pointing that out to Plew because he asked why he would say that around 'african' people.

Edited by Tim, 17 October 2006 - 04:41 PM.

#24 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 17 2006, 06:37 PM) View Post

I love this;

In school, if you say n!gger, you get in trouble. BUT, you can openly scream cracker and no one will say anything. Both of the words are just as derogitive as the other, but since in America we're like "LETS TREAT BLACKS DIFFRENTLY BECAUSE OF THE PAST LOL!?", they can say whatever they want.

- Oh, and Tetiel - I think Nox was pointing that out to Plew because he asked why he would say that around 'african' people.

Oh I know, I was just completely agreeing with him and furthering the point happy.gif

Also though I do agree with you as well. Allowing anyone to get away with anything that other races wouldn't... is really a bit of racism, wouldn't you agree?

#25 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 17 2006, 10:07 PM) View Post

I love this;

I was gonna bring that up xD It's gay... in a way, that's the government being racist towards whites... not many black people here though... If someone calls me a cracker, I'm gonna tell them to "shut the bark up CENSORED!" or "sand CENSORED" or whatever they are... I hate double standards.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users