Photo

HENRY

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bilal

Bilal
  • 1087 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

well my latest work...i like it myself...but what about you???

Version 1:

Version 2:

Edited by Moi.Me.main., 03 January 2007 - 12:28 PM.

#2 hoju

hoju
  • 1831 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:50 PM

The second one mixes better, the first one has better colour

But it looks nice smile.gif

#3 kennykilla

kennykilla
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:49 PM

I like the first one better. Looks nice, just a bit too big =)

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

Well... let's see.
First of all, you seem to have used four different typefaces, which, for someone who isn't a total text pro, is a complete and utter nono.
Then, you've got either an over- or under-contrasted render (depending on which version we look at) on a pastel, patterned background.
To me, the beauty, the artistic value in sports lies in the motion, but you've abandoned that notion, and created something almost stagnant. Apparently with sixties wallpaper to boot.
Then, we have the white border, which in itself, is nothing bad. However, I think it's set to pin light or some other such blending mode, which only (in version one) shows part of the lower layers in an isolated area. So it looks like there's some accidental leakage of colour... it just looks sloppy, to be honest.
I see what you were trying to do with the "x"s on the right, but it fails miserably, because your background is already covered with patterns, and this addition is a stark contrast to that which isn't repeated anywhere else in the piece.
Finally, why does it look like an elephant ejaculated all over Thierry's shirt?

#5 Hater_Boxden

Hater_Boxden
  • 1156 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Joe @ Jan 3 2007, 07:19 PM) View Post
Well... let's see.
First of all, you seem to have used four different typefaces, which, for someone who isn't a total text pro, is a complete and utter nono.
Then, you've got either an over- or under-contrasted render (depending on which version we look at) on a pastel, patterned background.
To me, the beauty, the artistic value in sports lies in the motion, but you've abandoned that notion, and created something almost stagnant. Apparently with sixties wallpaper to boot.
Then, we have the white border, which in itself, is nothing bad. However, I think it's set to pin light or some other such blending mode, which only (in version one) shows part of the lower layers in an isolated area. So it looks like there's some accidental leakage of colour... it just looks sloppy, to be honest.
I see what you were trying to do with the "x"s on the right, but it fails miserably, because your background is already covered with patterns, and this addition is a stark contrast to that which isn't repeated anywhere else in the piece.

^Wow dude you're monstrous. Leave it to joe to know just how to shut down someones pride. Meany rolleyes.gif

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

Don't get me wrong... he's made some good stuff.
This, however, isn't one of those.

#7 Bilal

Bilal
  • 1087 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(Joe @ Jan 4 2007, 12:19 AM) View Post
Well... let's see.

oh right lookaround.gif *goes cry in the corner crybaby.gif *

Oh well...i wanted to try out a new style so was experimenting a bit...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users