I totally mutilated my XP <_<

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

Ok, so I DO own a copy of Windows XP, it's just that Staples doesn't give you a serial dry.gif Just tell you to make a backup of your XP when you buy a pc dry.gif So I wiped my PC about a month ago, due to some problem or another. I got my cousins XP Home CD, and put in a fake serial. It worked, but told me to activate dry.gif So today was 1 day left, I tried yet another activation crack, and now my PC is dead. XP, anyways. The logon script goes 0x000000000F or some shit. On a blue screen dry.gif So I can't change it from my Mac partition, but I AM on a PC, not a mac 1we8.gif So anyone wanna tell me if I can reinstall XP with my cousins CD, without losing my files and shizz?

#2 cx323

cx323
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

can you try a repair install?

#3 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Put in the CD and go into DOS mode... copy the files from DOS from your HDD to another HDD or USBkey or something - should be fine

#4 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(SuperDan @ Apr 28 2007, 07:56 PM) View Post
Put in the CD and go into DOS mode... copy the files from DOS from your HDD to another HDD or USBkey or something - should be fine

Ok, I go get the CD first, then put it in my PC, and then when it boots, select something along the lines of Boot into DOS mode, but what does copying the files from my HDD do for me? I don't need a backup of XP, I need an install of system files, and no wipe...

Repair install would be on the CD, Right, cx323?

#5 cx323

cx323
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

yes. it will keep all your files and overwrite the windows system files

#6 Greeny

Greeny
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:37 PM

well you could use ubuntu (linux), and probally get back to xp from there, im not sure.

#7 Joey

Joey
  • 782 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

Cx323 that wouldnt work doing a repair install. It repairs SOME of the files, not the files which state if the PC has been activated and is genuine or not. And also, I did a repair install when I changed some hardware. Of course I had a pirated copy of Windows that was cracked, but it told me when I repair installed that I needed to activate, and I couldnt get into XP.

#8 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(ArtmoneyPimp @ Apr 29 2007, 12:16 AM) View Post
Cx323 that wouldnt work doing a repair install. It repairs SOME of the files, not the files which state if the PC has been activated and is genuine or not. And also, I did a repair install when I changed some hardware. Of course I had a pirated copy of Windows that was cracked, but it told me when I repair installed that I needed to activate, and I couldnt get into XP.

Anyways... It's the logon script that fails. I noticed the crack replaced my winlogon.exe file 1we8.gif And some other *logon or something...

Edited by Pomroy / Trixx, 29 April 2007 - 04:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users