Photo

Starting the Long and Painful Process Of Learning PS CS2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

I got it up and working again, so i might as wqell learn how to use it. If anyone here has a ny good beginner tutorials I would appreciate it if you posted them here so i can learn form them.. *is currently rearanging all of the pellets and stuff* well wish me luck..

How long did it take you to get semi familiarized with CS2 and how long was it before you made your first siggy that was good enough to be used.

#2 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

Well i learned in college to me about 2 months ...i still aint got the hang of creating siggys yet, but am training right now...who made your ava and siggy by the way?

#3 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

www.good-tutorials.com

Has just about every tutorial you could ever want, also check out the tutorials here on codex.

#4 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

ok i'll go look @ thouse... also my sigy was made right here on Codex, by who i don't remember now. Avy was made by a friend on another forum.. but i highly doubt that he's still there.. since i think he made his own GFX cite.. not sure...

#5 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

ok kool...am still tryring to get some one to do an ava for me

#6 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

XDD kakashi!!! with hazard on the headband.. the text cou;d be a bit better on that one... but it still looks funny, i liked your old avy

#7 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

Go to gamerenders and go to the tutorial section. A lot of them are full sig tuts but might be a bit too complicated for you >_<.

#8 Hlaw

Hlaw
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

check out the tutorials on deviantart they are the best...its hard to sift through all the crap tutorials on other websites to find good ones

#9 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Rikku @ Jul 12 2007, 06:34 PM) View Post
XDD kakashi!!! with hazard on the headband.. the text cou;d be a bit better on that one... but it still looks funny, i liked your old avy

Yea am just tryin new ideas out, which one did you like?

#10 Magma

Magma
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

It didn't take me long at all to figure out CS2 and start creating sigs. Its just the process of learning things from tutorials and your own fooling around and applying them to your sigs to make them unique and your own style.. Check out the tutorial links people have provided and that should get you started. Have fun smile.gif (I may not be in the graphics team, but I still dabble in creating sigs in CS2 when I have time... gonna apply for graphics team once I feel I have a good quality of work.)

#11 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

I have found the tutorials on this site to be of great help while trying to learn how to use CS.
http://www.neocodex....s...=view&cat=7

there is quite a few of them on here.

#12 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

YAY!! thank you soo much to everyone who posted!! I will look at all of the cites mentioned and picks tutorials that i likea nd can do... i've alreayd spent well over 10 hours practicing and messing around with CS2 today and my wrists are kiling me so i think i'll quit for the day.. but i did have alot of fun.. i might post some of my crappy attempts of the day... and they weren't tut's ort anything.. just me messing around

nice one masterchew.. i started the first one and got about half way through it when i got lost and couldn't go on.. so i think i need to buyild me skills a litlte bit more

Edited by Rikku, 12 July 2007 - 04:37 PM.

#13 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

Tutorials lead you to the fountain, you have to drink. I use a lot of tutorials as references. There have been many times I've been working on an image and had to sift through tutorials to find an effect i want but am unsure how to create.

#14 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

ok well her eis my first siggy.. yeah i know i really screwed it up but my second one is almost done and it actually looks semi demi decent.

(first one that i messed up on and never fixed)

this one i kinda like.. maybea litlte too much noise in the BG.. but i'll have to do for now

yes they glow happy.gif

Edited by Rikku, 13 July 2007 - 12:08 PM.

#15 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

the second siggy looks better then the first Rikku well done mate

#16 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

the the first one is crap.. i was jst messing around with renders and stuff.. to see what they looked like... no blunding , no brushing no nothing in the first one... second one i might actually use somewhere else.. dunno .. >_<

oh and one more thing.. how do you add borders? heaven't figured that out yet
and is there a way to get more fonts for PS CS2?? cause all of mine suck tongue.gif

Edited by Rikku, 13 July 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#17 Britta

Britta
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:00 PM

good luck! It's actually quite fun! well, at least it was for me, but then again I'm a dork tongue.gif

#18 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

Yea go to divart and search for fonts, you should find a few...oh just search in google

#19 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

i need to learn how to upload them too. anyways, here's anothe one with clous but it dosn't seem to match very wel... not much blending in this one..

hahah*pokeS* i runed it XDd that's what heappens when you look @ in with a white background... you don't notice the stupid litlte flaws ....*is to lazy to go back and fix*

Edited by Rikku, 13 July 2007 - 05:39 PM.

#20 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

Nice work Rikku...i see that you are trying hard to improve...i think i might need to enter my Photoshop aswell
* is about to click on CS2 but cant be asked*

#21 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

haha you by no means have to use this but i was bored so here ya go... maybe if you gave me some colors to work with and or charesters or something i could try to make something for you.. dunno how good it would be...and don't know when you would get it, since ih ave to work tomorrow + sunday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users