Quantcast

Photo

New and Improved Guide To Autobuying! Abrosia Style!

• Please log in to reply
629 replies to this topic

#451 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

Hi, first time poster here with a question regarding autobuying in general. I have two accounts, one which I just made and one I have had for 5 years, would it be better for me to use the 5 year old one for this? Does the age of the account effect anything besides what rarity items you can buy (ie. will they be more likely to freeze my newer account as opposed to my older)?

Freeze rates would be equal since you don't have advanced and can't input crazy fast times or stupid settings. It would be much better to use your 5 year old account than the new one. You'll be able to get much higher rarity items, which equals more profit. The added items you'll be able to get will increase the amount of items Abrosia will be able to buy above your profit margin, and you'll score much more profit. Plus, you'll have access to the AAA Aber.

#452 fallendevilz

fallendevilz
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

Freeze rates would be equal since you don't have advanced and can't input crazy fast times or stupid settings. It would be much better to use your 5 year old account than the new one. You'll be able to get much higher rarity items, which equals more profit. The added items you'll be able to get will increase the amount of items Abrosia will be able to buy above your profit margin, and you'll score much more profit. Plus, you'll have access to the AAA Aber.

What's the age for AAA?.. I have a 37 month account and apparantly it's too new :/ lol
**EDIT** My bad, 31 month old account, hence why it's too new.. damn the 3 years!! lol

Edited by fallendevilz, 03 November 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#453 Suarez7

Suarez7
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Thanks, next question is that seeing as I can only really use the default settings, are they still decent for making a profit (all I really want to make at this point is 800k to get a Jetsam morphing potion)? I am not too fussed with getting to millions and millions, just want to get a few things and am really tired of slogging it out on games and key quest -_-

#454 Suarez7

Suarez7
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

Sorry I don't mean to be a pest with questions, but when I start the Ambrosia it always takes me to shops I don't want. Is there any way to select it? I tried putting in shop 30 for Spooky Food, but seem to end up at the Chocolate Factory according to the program instead

#455 Clipper

Clipper
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

From what I understand, you can really only select the shop you want in a few ways - just keep restarting the program until you get in a shop you want, become advanced (I intend to) so you can activate the ability to choose or use manual lists and shop IDs. Hope that helps at least a little, I'm very new myself and just learning the ropes. :p

#456 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

From what I understand, you can really only select the shop you want in a few ways - just keep restarting the program until you get in a shop you want, become advanced (I intend to) so you can activate the ability to choose or use manual lists and shop IDs. Hope that helps at least a little, I'm very new myself and just learning the ropes. :p

You can use manual lists even if you aren't advanced. ^-^
There's a good guide somewhere on Codex teaching you how to make manual lists if you aren't advanced.

Oh, found it.
http://www.neocodex...._1#entry1518864

:)

#457 esotericaKoalan

esotericaKoalan
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Wow, I used that guide and Abrosia bought 6 items in the past ~3 hours. (Which is a lot compared to the 0 items in ~4 hours that I had it on this morning.)

My other 3 day old account doesn't seem to be buying anything though... and I'm pretty sure the items on my list are under 79 rarity.

#458 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for this guide! I need some help, I'm trying to figure out why I got frozen so I can be smarter next time, I used this auto buyer to buy from spooky food shops.

I did leave it on for about 3 hours a day but I did start and stop it sometimes.
My refresh rate was 8.0 to 8.5 and the rest default.
I stopped using this about a week ago and start using the semi legit restocking method and refreshed pages every 2 secs.

Do you think TNT knows whether you log in and restock from a program or a browser?

I lost all my earnings and I want to gain some knowledge so I don't get frozen again.

Thanks again, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

#459 w0000t

w0000t
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

Helpfull guide for a new person to AB'ing.
THANKS

#460 Hexer

Hexer
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

So, if I'm not an advanced member I can't lower the refresh time to less than 8?

Also, thanks for the guide. +1

#461 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

So, if I'm not an advanced member I can't lower the refresh time to less than 8?

Yup (it should give you an error when you try to lower it), only Advanced (+) Members have unrestricted access to the program settings (including pre-haggle/buy delay and page delays).

#462 Hexer

Hexer
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yup (it should give you an error when you try to lower it), only Advanced (+) Members have unrestricted access to the program settings (including pre-haggle/buy delay and page delays).

I see.

I have another question, I just bought an UB with this and I want to know, is it safe to trade/auction immediately or should I wait some time?

Edited by Hexer, 05 January 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#463 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

i usually hold onto the items for about a week after AB'ing UB's just for safety's sake.

#464 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks a ton for the guide. It was super helpful. + rep :D I can't wait until I get advanced, then this will be so much better! Gah I will probably just buy it haha

Edited by ImmaBoss, 11 January 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#465 earlgreymilk

earlgreymilk
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

I've used the basic Abrosia for 2 days & I've gotten a couple of books and food within the range of 10-100k.
I haven't been able to sell them though :(

I left them in my shop with pretty reasonable prices & they are just sitting there :/
Should I move them to the trading post or auction house?

Also, it seems that if you just left the basic Abrosia to 'randomly' choose the shop it goes to, it only goes to the same few shops.
Fresh food
Bakery
School Supplies
Toy Shop
Book Shop

I wanna get an advanced Abrosia but I don't have a debit card :( Phooey.

#466 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

I've used the basic Abrosia for 2 days & I've gotten a couple of books and food within the range of 10-100k.
I haven't been able to sell them though :(

I left them in my shop with pretty reasonable prices & they are just sitting there :/
Should I move them to the trading post or auction house?

Also, it seems that if you just left the basic Abrosia to 'randomly' choose the shop it goes to, it only goes to the same few shops.
Fresh food
Bakery
School Supplies
Toy Shop
Book Shop

Trading post is usually for selling unbuyables, and unless you want to sell your items at a very cheap price, you can try the auction house.
Otherwise, just leave it in the shop and it'll eventually sell out...

If you wish to control the shop to ab from, you can use a list. :) Here's a guide: http://www.neocodex...._1#entry1493068

There are people selling advanced for NPs, check out the trading post selling > other.

#467 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Fresh food
Bakery
School Supplies
Toy Shop
Book Shop

It selects shops randomly but based on a weighting system which gives preference to shops with a high number of profitable items. It's not just limited to those shops which you've listed, it's just that those are more likely to be selected because they have lots of profitable items.

#468 Shikamaru

Shikamaru
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Is there a way to run the ABer on more than 1 account at a time? Or are we restricted to just 1 account at a given time? Also, if I were to buy the premium to have full access, what do people normally set their refresh times at for it to be safe? I've been using the ABer just to buy in the igloo and attic and made like 1.6m in like 4 days doing that, but it would be nice to have a faster refresh rate to get MP's from the igloo/attic, or from main shops. Thanks =)

#469 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Is there a way to run the ABer on more than 1 account at a time? Or are we restricted to just 1 account at a given time? Also, if I were to buy the premium to have full access, what do people normally set their refresh times at for it to be safe? I've been using the ABer just to buy in the igloo and attic and made like 1.6m in like 4 days doing that, but it would be nice to have a faster refresh rate to get MP's from the igloo/attic, or from main shops. Thanks =)

I believe you can if you install the Program Manager multiple times (although I haven't tried that myself, so I'm not sure cx)

Also, settings vary for every user because if they're further away from California then even if they set their settings low (a a buy time of 1.6ms for example) they might actually be higher (such as.. 2 or something) due to the distance.

If you buy the Advanced subscription then you'll have no restrictions on any of the programs (ability to refresh/buy items quicker, etc.), and as for what people normally set their refresh times, I can't speak for everybody on that, although I can say that refresh times don't really cause much of a risk to be iced unless you're refreshing every 0.1 seconds or something like that ( unless you meant buy times? o: )

#470 Origins

Origins
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Cheers, this is really useful!

#471 lno15

lno15
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Awesome guide, thanks man. I think this will really help me get started. :)

#472 themaskedmongoose

themaskedmongoose
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

great guide! helped a lot (:

#473 Sanity

Sanity
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for this guide, read it thoroughly before I even turned the ABer on for the first time the other day.

+rep

Also in response to the question about using the default settings. That is all I have used these couple days since I started using Ambrosia and I find its working great for me. Even managed to get a Orange Draik Plushie yesterday valued at 2 mill and one other UB, most of the other items I have gotten are 5-50k profit. I do tend to manually change the prices in my shop sometimes though to help get them sold but I try not too lower them too much so as not to affect the worth and the estimated price.

#474 kin

kin
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

hi! i'm new to ABing, and i was wondering if anything has changed since this guide was last updated? for example, the videos say to leave it refresh rates at 5-15 seconds or so but when i downloaded it, it was set at maybe around 8 seconds to 10 seconds i think. is it because 5-15 isn't a safe range anymore? i want to change it slightly lower, but im using 10-20 just in case, since it's my first time using it and i don't want to lose all the neopoints i've accumulated through legit means

#475 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

hi! i'm new to ABing, and i was wondering if anything has changed since this guide was last updated? for example, the videos say to leave it refresh rates at 5-15 seconds or so but when i downloaded it, it was set at maybe around 8 seconds to 10 seconds i think. is it because 5-15 isn't a safe range anymore? i want to change it slightly lower, but im using 10-20 just in case, since it's my first time using it and i don't want to lose all the neopoints i've accumulated through legit means

5-15s is safe, the default is 8-10s because non-advance members cannot set it lower than 8s. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users