• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Dudeonline @ Aug 9 2007, 05:30 PM) View Post
No, I'm from Las Vegas where it happens everywhere you go. Ive been nearly ran off the road 5 times this year because of that same reason. Don't come in here trolling this thread if you don't know what you're talking about. if you're just trying to stir shit, then you fail, if you don't know what you're talking about, you fail, so you, sir, fail miserably.

P.S - it's spelled "necessary"

you fail twice.

Oooh, Vegas. I envy you, sir. I would live there, but I'm a bit broke.

Anywho, no, I'm not trying to stir shit. I think it's a bullshit law to make, and I stand by it. I've been hit once by a person in LA who was busy on their cellphone bullshitting away, but it doesn't mean we need to fine everyone because of a few idiots who decide to take their entire focus off the road so they can press enough to get the letter "R." If you want to make it illegal in Vegas or LA, fine. See if the cops can manage to regulate that and catch everyone who decides to send a text message.

PS - If you really are that angry at my opinion that you feel a need to attack a spelling error I made on my behalf and consider it me "failing", I feel sorry for you.
PSS - How the hell would that post be trolling? I stated an opinion. If you think I'm nutty for it, great, but I wasn't saying anything insulting to you (though I did insult the vermin who infest LA.)

#27 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(murderkill @ Aug 9 2007, 11:20 PM) View Post
i've texted and driven... not often, and not usually more than "on my way" or "goin home", but yeah... it would suck if i got fined for it.

but i guess if people are like, holding conversations... then yeah... that's barked up

Um... it takes a lot of concentration to text while driving... it's stupid dry.gif

#28 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Athean @ Aug 9 2007, 07:22 PM) View Post
Oooh, Vegas. I envy you, sir. I would live there, but I'm a bit broke.

Anywho, no, I'm not trying to stir shit. I think it's a bullshit law to make, and I stand by it. I've been hit once by a person in LA who was busy on their cellphone bullshitting away, but it doesn't mean we need to fine everyone because of a few idiots who decide to take their entire focus off the road so they can press enough to get the letter "R." If you want to make it illegal in Vegas or LA, fine. See if the cops can manage to regulate that and catch everyone who decides to send a text message.

PS - If you really are that angry at my opinion that you feel a need to attack a spelling error I made on my behalf and consider it me "failing", I feel sorry for you.
PSS - How the hell would that post be trolling? I stated an opinion. If you think I'm nutty for it, great, but I wasn't saying anything insulting to you (though I did insult the vermin who infest LA.)

sorry about that. I just got Irritated at the LA comment, as I personally loathe most of the yuppie gits that come out of that toilet called Los Angeles. They think they own this city.

I do, however think that texting on the cell while driving should be illegal, seeing as TALKING on the cell and driving here IS legal.

and it's not a few idiots here and there. The issue has been brought up in city council many times. if it;s being brought up so many times, obviously its more than a few people.

and honestly I wasn't that pissed. I just thought you were trolling, stirring shit, etc...

I've been in news groups way too much. Maybe i should put the flame thrower away....

EDIT: I see you live in Austin. i used to live in Houston. I agree it shouldn't be a law passed there, theres no reason. drivers are alot more safe there (even Houston), and texting while driving is not commonplace.

Edited by Dudeonline, 09 August 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#29 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Dudeonline @ Aug 9 2007, 10:01 PM) View Post
sorry about that. I just got Irritated at the LA comment, as I personally loathe most of the yuppie gits that come out of that toilet called Los Angeles. They think they own this city.

I do, however think that texting on the cell while driving should be illegal, seeing as TALKING on the cell and driving here IS legal.

and it's not a few idiots here and there. The issue has been brought up in city council many times. if it;s being brought up so many times, obviously its more than a few people.

and honestly I wasn't that pissed. I just thought you were trolling, stirring shit, etc...

I've been in news groups way too much. Maybe i should put the flame thrower away....
EDIT: I see you live in Austin. i used to live in Houston. I agree it shouldn't be a law passed there, theres no reason. drivers are alot more safe there (even Houston), and texting while driving is not commonplace.

Tis all cool

#30 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:45 AM

I'll admit that I've texted while driving once or twice, but I was going down a road with no other cars and people, and am able to enter a message while keeping my eyes on the road and not looking at the phone. I would agree with making it illegal though. Just because I can do it without taking my eyes off the road doesn't mean everyone else can tongue.gif

#31 magda11us

magda11us
  • 343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

That is really sad sad.gif. They should ban texting and talking on the phone while driving.

Edited by magda11us, 10 August 2007 - 01:29 PM.

#32 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(magda11us @ Aug 10 2007, 10:29 PM) View Post
That is really sad sad.gif. They should ban texting and talking on the phone while driving.

It is in sensible countries.

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

It's banned here to use your phone without a bluetooth or whatever. Illegal. But my point of view is, your distracted by the CONVERSATION not
the actual act of holding the phone on your ear or whatever. o.o

#34 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:13 AM

So like, how is a cop going to know you're using your phone in your car anyways?
Are they going to just attach themselves to the outside of the vehicle and peer inside
at all times?
I mean, they can always ASK if they see you swerving or something.
But how can you ban something so easily hid?

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

People can see through windows. I know, SHOCK!

#36 kasumi

kasumi
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

I dont think it should be banned but i hope that ppl are smart enough to now that it is a bad idea.

#37 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(kasumi @ Aug 11 2007, 10:12 AM) View Post
I dont think it should be banned but i hope that ppl are smart enough to now that it is a bad idea.

unfortunately, thats not the way the world works. sad.gif

unfortunately, you don't have to be smart to drive.

#38 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

Most people tend towards having some common sense. Most people don't know all the laws in the book in their local/state area, but they avoid trouble because they have that awareness of what is probably illegal or just wrong to do. However, when you take a buncha 20 something yuppie morons who think they can be a star, and you put a millon or so of em in any given area, the idea that there is such thing as people not needing 50 trillion laws goes down the drain, kind of.

QUOTE(Cody @ Aug 11 2007, 07:43 AM) View Post
people do it all the time here... it really really pisses me off... then again, we also have several drive-thru liquor stores.. and you can even get a 'beer to go' at bars.. so what the bark do I know, right?

Eh, Texas is full of drunk drivers, but they aren't too shabby.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users