Photo

How many of you wear brand clothing?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Germ

Germ
  • 501 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

I am not talking about just any brand names like GAP or American Eagle. I am talking about Dolce & Gabbana (D&G), Armani Exchange, Emporio Armani, Versace, ENERGIE, Diesel, etc.

I never really cared before, but now it's all I will kind of purchase. Of course the only shirt I'd buy from a store is Armani Exchange as Emporio Armani and D&G shirts retail at $230 USD. It does take up quite a lot of money and I buy it to impress and because it makes me feel good, I guess, lol.

What about you guys?

Edited by Muse, 18 December 2007 - 07:16 PM.

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

Well I have some clothing by nike, adidas, puma and some other brands but I don't wear them much as they are all kinda old since I don't buy brand name things any more. I have a diesel shirt but I screwed it up, it's peeling and stuff tongue.gif.

Only brand name I wear regularly is puma (shoes). And that's mainly to not have people bugging me or saying I'm poor because like everyone has over-priced shoes.

#3 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:26 PM

...lol. I thought this was going to be a thread making fun of people that wear brand clothing. I think I have to excuse myself.

#4 Germ

Germ
  • 501 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(redlion @ Dec 18 2007, 07:26 PM) View Post
...lol. I thought this was going to be a thread making fun of people that wear brand clothing. I think I have to excuse myself.

I guess it's safe to assume that you hate brand name clothing and could care less what some guy who spends all his money on says about you, eh? tongue.gif I'd be like you, but i got myself into a trap. People expect me to wear this expensive clothing. While they obviously don't care what I wear or if I do come the next day with a plain shirt, I guess people would look at my at a different point of view. At least you made a good decision. tongue.gif

#5 Raillery

Raillery
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

Closest I get to to grand name is Hollister and Abercrombie

#6 wendigo

wendigo
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

i wear alaska ship lol im a fisherman so i get alot of sweat shirts from the place i buy my gear

#7 foogie

foogie
  • 5818 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

no.

I do not wear clothing that society says is cool.

none of my clothing have any brand names visible on them. I'm not a commercial billboard.

#8 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

I own some expensive Cashmere tops from some brand names, simply because it feels nice and not cheap tongue.gif

Oh that reminds me, I don't wear clothes with slogans or advertisments on them, only extremely subtly branding badges that blend discreetly in and are the same colour as the clothing xD

Edited by Neo, 18 December 2007 - 08:12 PM.

#9 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:41 PM

ehh not really. i wear namebrand sneakers, jackets, and some sweatshirts but other than that no.

i'm fortunate that i live in new york city, there is a real abundance of unique, independent designers that don't charge ridiculous amounts for cotton t-shirts.

#10 Germ

Germ
  • 501 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Dec 18 2007, 08:41 PM) View Post
ehh not really. i wear namebrand sneakers, jackets, and some sweatshirts but other than that no.

i'm fortunate that i live in new york city, there is a real abundance of unique, independent designers that don't charge ridiculous amounts for cotton t-shirts.

Ah, NYC. The city of top designer clothing. tongue.gif I wear it because it also feels good and not cheap. I also wear like expensive, usually white, shoes. I wonder how much money I would have saved up if I just spent it on normal stuff. tongue.gif I guess I just want to fit in with the people I hang out with. sad.gif Anyone else? tongue.gif

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(foogie @ Dec 18 2007, 10:10 PM) View Post
no.
none of my clothing have any brand names visible on them. I'm not a commercial billboard.

lol. i don't care if society says its cool, if i like it, i buy it. tongue.gif

QUOTE(nox @ Dec 18 2007, 10:41 PM) View Post

Yep, shoes, shirts, and jackets are about as 'name brand' as i get.
[ecko + g-unit, jordan, just take a look at my pics to see how much ecko i own haha]
lucky bitch living in NYC though.

#12 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

It's okay to come out of the closet Muse we won't judge you *cough*fag*cough* lol I'm just playin'. I never pay attention to the brand as long as I like it. The only things I'm picky about, not the brand but the quality, are jeans because one pairs last me at least 5 months or more. =P

Edited by FlashGM, 18 December 2007 - 09:46 PM.

#13 Lawivido

Lawivido
  • iOS Hacker

• 2018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

I wear a different AX suit to work every day. Cuz I'm just baller like that.

#14 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:33 PM

I don't necessarily buy brand name but its usually brand name clothing which I like the look of and suits me.

#15 philywilly

philywilly
  • 1656 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

I would if those would be what I like to wear.. but I'm really not into dressing like a queer. I wear brand name clothes, but stuff like DC, Element.. bla bla.. just pretty much all skate brands, actually. The only clothes I wear without brand names are probably my socks and boxers.. but I don't neccesarly buy for the brand, but more because I like the designs or whatever

#16 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

I wear brand names, but not £250 t-shirts etc. That's balls.

#17 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE(foogie @ Dec 18 2007, 10:10 PM) View Post
no.

<3

:*

i owned a pair of reeboks my freshman year tongue.gif

oh! and i've got a hoodie from American Eagle... that's pretty much it. my wardrobe consists mainly of band t-shirts (the cure, depeche mode, duran duran...) and those are bands that mainstream doesn't even consider "cool" anymore! tongue.gif ('cept maybe duran duran with their new album...)

but hey! i've got a pair of real leather pants! XD

#18 Akira

Akira
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:45 AM

Here's an amazing idea:

I wear clothing that I like.

I know, I know, give it a moment to sink in. If there's a $230 shirt that I like, I'll buy it. If I'm so stupid that I'd buy a $230 shirt that looks exactly like a $15 shirt at the Gap, but bought the $230 shirt because of a fucking name stitched into the collar, then I full well deserve a kick to the groin and the loss of my wallet, because that $215 difference could have fed me for several weeks, and the rest could have been donated to save wee little children from dying of AIDS in Africa.

Seriously. Who the fuck cares what namebrand it is? The only thing I care about is color and texture. It could be $5, but if it's navy blue and silk, hell yeah I'll buy it...because it's comfy and I look good in blue. Or, I might go to Hot Topic and screen their HIM shirts; not because I like Hot Topic or HIM, but because HIM shirts typically have intricate designs that I absolutely adore, and they fit me well.

Yes, I'm a rude little shit...but dammit, clothing pisses me off dry.gif People care about it too much and spend too much money on it. If you have that kind of money to be throwing around, then it doesn't really surprise me that people die of starvation every single day. They die because the people with enough money to help out spend it on woven cotton with a name on it. Seriously; the most expensive article of clothing I have is a $50 black dress shirt that I used to wear to formal parties and Orchestra concerts (suit and ties can suck it). My jeans cost $30 each, and I haven't replaced them in over a year. Typically, if I have to choose between doing something useful with my money and wasting it on something as trivial as namebrand clothing, I'll donate it. Or, I'll buy myself a new game, and donate the rest. Or, I'll put it in the bank. Or, I'll buy food. Or, I'll buy gifts for my friends. Or, I'll update my music. Hell, there are so many things that could be done that are more profitable than buying an expensive shirt just because people expect you to wear it. Fuck people; if they expect it of you, tell them to go buy it for you or deal.

o.O Er..../endrant

#19 Jackus

Jackus
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:55 AM

I wear clothing which is reasonably priced.
I do however own some expensive clothing which i wear on special occasions... lol

#20 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:50 AM

I'd go to the mall with my brother, and he would insist I buy some American Eagle, Hollister or Aero-whatsitsname, but they never really appealed to me. I would make fun of him because he'd say "Oh, I don't wear it because it is popular, I wear it because it fits me well". Then later that day he was saying how he would not wear any of the clothes unless they had the brand plastered on the front where everyone could see =P

I wear I-Zod, Geoffrey Beene, Van Heusen and other various things from Men's Wearhouse, S&K and such. Typically, I will buy a new wardrobe once a year, and then make small additions to it throughout the year. I don't usually spend much, because I wait until Christmas time to go to this big shopping center when all the stores are on 70% off sales =D

#21 Jackus

Jackus
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

My birthday is 2 days afte christmas...

sucks realy lol.

spend all my money in january sales lol

#22 Hlaw

Hlaw
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:04 AM

meh. all i wear is ralph lauren polo. thats neither here nor there, so i feel comfortable with that.

#23 Apilot

Apilot
  • 982 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Muse @ Dec 18 2007, 07:16 PM) View Post
I am not talking about just any brand names

I have a little emo girl who wants to be a clothes designer that makes me most of my clothes, she makes really nice collared t shirts, I said i would be one of her models so she would make me clothes, and now. I cant stop wearing them, she made an entire line just for me, all the clothes are brown and dark green. and of course standard blue jeans. Really if your clothes are made right it does not matter how much they cost. She makes some good ass clothes. im wearing one of the emo shirts she made me right now. black bar son. Plus Im an artist so i help her with graphic ts. One day she will be discovered. these clothes are hellah nice.

#24 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

*guffaws*
Wow.
I have NEVER been able to afford something uber expensive like the stuff you named.
I have a Louis Vuitton bag, only because my aunt bought it for me. Thing is, it's WAYYY too small
for me to use comfortably. I fear I would lose it because it's so tiny.

I pretty much buy//wear whatever looks good on me and is within a limit that I can spend.

#25 Germ

Germ
  • 501 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Akira @ Dec 19 2007, 05:45 AM) View Post
Here's an amazing idea:

I wear clothing that I like.

I know, I know, give it a moment to sink in. If there's a $230 shirt that I like, I'll buy it. If I'm so stupid that I'd buy a $230 shirt that looks exactly like a $15 shirt at the Gap, but bought the $230 shirt because of a fucking name stitched into the collar, then I full well deserve a kick to the groin and the loss of my wallet, because that $215 difference could have fed me for several weeks, and the rest could have been donated to save wee little children from dying of AIDS in Africa.

Seriously. Who the fuck cares what namebrand it is? The only thing I care about is color and texture. It could be $5, but if it's navy blue and silk, hell yeah I'll buy it...because it's comfy and I look good in blue. Or, I might go to Hot Topic and screen their HIM shirts; not because I like Hot Topic or HIM, but because HIM shirts typically have intricate designs that I absolutely adore, and they fit me well.

Yes, I'm a rude little shit...but dammit, clothing pisses me off dry.gif People care about it too much and spend too much money on it. If you have that kind of money to be throwing around, then it doesn't really surprise me that people die of starvation every single day. They die because the people with enough money to help out spend it on woven cotton with a name on it. Seriously; the most expensive article of clothing I have is a $50 black dress shirt that I used to wear to formal parties and Orchestra concerts (suit and ties can suck it). My jeans cost $30 each, and I haven't replaced them in over a year. Typically, if I have to choose between doing something useful with my money and wasting it on something as trivial as namebrand clothing, I'll donate it. Or, I'll buy myself a new game, and donate the rest. Or, I'll put it in the bank. Or, I'll buy food. Or, I'll buy gifts for my friends. Or, I'll update my music. Hell, there are so many things that could be done that are more profitable than buying an expensive shirt just because people expect you to wear it. Fuck people; if they expect it of you, tell them to go buy it for you or deal.

o.O Er..../endrant

While it is, for the most part, $230 because of the famous name, it is also because where it is made and sold. As well as the quality of the clothing. While $230 is quite expensive, you are getting for what you pay for. I mean you cn't expect a shirt that is made in Italy to be sold at the same price as a shirt that was made in China. Also the quality of the clothes, sometimes the material is different then just an ordinary cheap material. However, you're right. For the most part, this price is because it has a name on there. It's not any name though, it's the name of a company of a famous fashion designer. Anyone who knows that brand, and many do (otherwise it would not be famous), will think they this guy has a real great shirt. Is part of the $230 worth the comment. To come in secure people, sure. To me, somewhat. To everyone else, somewhat as well because everyone loves to have a comment saying "Hey, nice shirt!" or "Hey, nice car!".

A 230$ will not look the same as somethign you'd find at GAP because the quality and the name will be different. Overall, not worth it, though still, I like it, haha. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Lawivido @ Dec 18 2007, 10:05 PM) View Post
I wear a different AX suit to work every day. Cuz I'm just baller like that.

I like that style, but you must use up a fortune of money on it. Suits, are expensive, not to mention it's Armani. tongue.gif

QUOTE(HydroLink64 @ Dec 19 2007, 07:50 AM) View Post
I'd go to the mall with my brother, and he would insist I buy some American Eagle, Hollister or Aero-whatsitsname, but they never really appealed to me. I would make fun of him because he'd say "Oh, I don't wear it because it is popular, I wear it because it fits me well". Then later that day he was saying how he would not wear any of the clothes unless they had the brand plastered on the front where everyone could see =P

I wear I-Zod, Geoffrey Beene, Van Heusen and other various things from Men's Wearhouse, S&K and such. Typically, I will buy a new wardrobe once a year, and then make small additions to it throughout the year. I don't usually spend much, because I wait until Christmas time to go to this big shopping center when all the stores are on 70% off sales =D

Yeah, sales are always good. smile.gif Though I am like your brother. tongue.gif I'd never buy a shirt that does not have the name somewhere visible on the shirt or jacket. Otherwise, to the ordinary person who can't tell besides looking at the name will think it's any Jacket. If it clearly says D & G or Emporio Armani, then people will know. tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users