• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE(ĦÅŽÁŕď2ØŤĤẻѓŻ @ Dec 27 2007, 03:50 PM) View Post
because it based on the book doesnt mean all elements of the book needs to be followed 1we8.gif

Actually in most cases it does.

For a film to be made based on a book the author has to give permission. More often than not the person who wants to make the film will have to pay a fee for the right to make it. The Author will then have a contract written up ensuring that the film stays true to the book or at least they are consulted should the director wish to add something to the story or possibly change something. If the Author doesn't like it then it won't happen (assuming it was put in the contract).

Judging by I Am Legend I would say the Author wanted to make sure the film stayed true to the book or the director felt it was fine the way it was.

Edited by Oaken, 27 December 2007 - 08:00 AM.

#27 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

Scary! sad.gif Nightmares for Ian tonight,
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Edited by Black Flame, 27 December 2007 - 01:50 PM.
Spoilers Ian, spoilers :p

#28 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(ĦÅŽÁŕď2ØŤĤẻѓŻ @ Dec 27 2007, 10:50 AM) View Post
because it based on the book doesnt mean all elements of the book needs to be followed 1we8.gif

they chose to use the same name, so it better be at least strongly guided by the book. there have been two other adaptations, both with different names though.

#29 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

I watched the movie about a week ago and I dont even remember the ending, is that bad? tongue.gif

#30 fruglemonkey

fruglemonkey
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:35 AM

My friend made this point to me upon leaving the cinemas: "Hmm... Black Will Smith gets attacked by albino vampires... I wonder if they're trying to make some kind of twisted point?"

#31 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jan 9 2008, 07:20 PM) View Post

QUOTE(fruglemonkey @ Jan 10 2008, 06:35 AM) View Post
My friend made this point to me upon leaving the cinemas: "Hmm... Black Will Smith gets attacked by albino vampires... I wonder if they're trying to make some kind of twisted point?"

Or like he said, it's about the KKK. tongue.gif

#32 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jan 10 2008, 12:20 AM) View Post
Bump since I watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good overall. I didn't actually feel as though the ending was rushed, but it was refreshing to have a short film for once. None of this 3 hours rubbish, at around 100 mins it was pretty good. And the book is actually really short. I could read it in a few hours easily.

Just my theories on your points tongue.gif

Edited by Oaken, 10 January 2008 - 06:26 AM.

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

The ending is completely and utterly different to that of the book, and from what I hear, I think the book ending would have been way better tongue.gif
I've seen the film, but not read the book, so I'm just going on what my friend said here xP

#34 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:51 AM

The film just reminded me of 28 Days Later but with very poor CGI and a terrible ending. It was OK, but could have been so much better. Very much a missed opportunity in my opinion.

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jan 10 2008, 12:20 AM) View Post
Bump since I watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good overall. I didn't actually feel as though the ending was rushed, but it was refreshing to have a short film for once. None of this 3 hours rubbish, at around 100 mins it was pretty good. And the book is actually really short. I could read it in a few hours easily.

Edited by Laser Wave, 11 January 2008 - 08:54 AM.

#35 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jan 9 2008, 09:20 PM) View Post

Not a bad movie, but not great.

#36 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Brandon @ Jan 11 2008, 11:51 AM) View Post

W e l l . . .

#37 xwizard

xwizard
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:42 AM

I actually thought the movie was awesome. Being a film student, I looked at all the points of the movie and thought it was really well made. Despite the ending, which didn't make a whole lot of sense.

#38 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Jan 11 2008, 11:51 AM) View Post

he had to ensure that the alpha male died, it's possible that he could have killed them and survived but taking that risk sorta jeopardizes the survival of da human race:P

#39 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(nox @ Jan 13 2008, 07:37 PM) View Post
he had to ensure that the alpha male died, it's possible that he could have killed them and survived but taking that risk sorta jeopardizes the survival of da human race:P

#40 simplicity

simplicity
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

Great idea of a movie but i didnt like it. I mean just the thought of being "the last man on earth" baffles me. In his defence he did a great job finding a cure. tbh i wouldve been the end mankind if i was in his position

#41 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

Uber bump.

I totally missed this topic. I'm a noob. >.<

Anyways. I pretty much liked the movie. And I got a great deal on it! A dood came to my work to sell it (music//movie store)) and our system only offered him 6 dollars for it. So I got it for 6 dollars. 2 disc edition. Yaaaaay.

#42 dragonlady

dragonlady
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

the 2 disc dvd has an alternate ending that's somewhat better. I actually enjoyed the movie, but it's one of those that doesn't fully explain some vital points. You really have to pay attention, or watch it more than once. Not nearly as much action as the previews portend, it's kinda slow in that regard.

#43 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:05 AM

I didn't like the new ending. I maintain that his death made sense and suited the film, all that he's grown attached to is dead, his goal was complete and I don't really think that those people can fill the gap in him. Suprised the alternate ending wasn't the one shown in the movies; seems more Hollywood.

#44 omgnat

omgnat
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:00 AM

i caught up with another image for the film, but after watch it...kind of depressed

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users