#51 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Feb 17 2008, 07:43 PM) View Post
Damn, Sean blink.gif
Never thought I'd see the day when you outstripped me for harshness tongue.gif

It seems to me ex-mods have lots of hate speeches built up in them from not being able to let them out while moderating wink.gif

QUOTE(NextGenWarrior @ Feb 17 2008, 07:50 PM) View Post
ok "meat" i'll never post something like this again since there are so many "meats" on it... Can someone please lock this thread.

Okay sir, because you say that all the "facts add up." I challenge you go ELSEWHERE and find these "facts" on another site that mention these dates and names. I want you to find me something about all these bullshit planets and solar systems and giants. And it has to be from a legitimate new source. If you can't, then your piece of shit story fails.

#52 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

You know what maybe you guys are right... I'm just so paranoid and I think kind of awkwardly blink.gif . Maybe i'm just overthinking it. This wouldn't have been held from us if it was going to happen so soon... dry.gif

Edited by NextGenWarrior, 17 February 2008 - 08:13 PM.

#53 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Feb 17 2008, 08:43 PM) View Post
Damn, Sean blink.gif
Never thought I'd see the day when you outstripped me for harshness tongue.gif

Now see, THIS is be a legitimate reason for the apocolypse to come. Pole shifting isn't a result I would realy expect, even if this somehow miraculously happened.

#54 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(NextGenWarrior @ Feb 17 2008, 09:08 PM) View Post
You know what maybe you guys are right... I'm just so paranoid and I think kind of awkwardly blink.gif . Maybe i'm just overthinking it. This wouldn't have been held from us if it was going to happen so soon... dry.gif

Dude, I'm not gonna be harsh but you gotta at least step back for a second and look at how quickly you fell for this. I'm not saying it's bullshit but you should go off and do some research on the stuff in the movie, then come back and tell me that you still believe the world in gonna end on 2012. You can't just swallow everything that's spewed at you. Sometimes it's hard even disappointing but it's more rewarding to know you believe in something that's real rather than a falsified notion.

#55 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

looks like all the ron paul supporters gave up on the 08 elections and found something new to do

#56 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(FlashGM @ Feb 17 2008, 11:38 PM) View Post
Dude, I'm not gonna be harsh but you gotta at least step back for a second and look at how quickly you fell for this. I'm not saying it's bullshit but you should go off and do some research on the stuff in the movie, then come back and tell me that you still believe the world in gonna end on 2012. You can't just swallow everything that's spewed at you. Sometimes it's hard even disappointing but it's more rewarding to know you believe in something that's real rather than a falsified notion.

Yeah but I HATE seeing pics of scary or dead things... I always have... blink.gif

#57 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(NextGenWarrior @ Feb 17 2008, 10:00 PM) View Post
Yeah but I HATE seeing pics of scary or dead things... I always have... blink.gif

What do you mean? Travis already pointed out that the pictures of giants were a hoax. They were from a contest where contestants were to make pictures of giant skeletons and the most realistic one would win. You don't have to look at dead things. As for planet x if it were really that big(bigger than jupiter) pluto wouldn't be orbiting the sun it was orbiting planet x.

Just look at this quote from wikipedia's page on planet x
While its mission did not involve a search for "Planet X", the IRAS space observatory made headlines briefly in 1983 due to an "unknown object" that was at first described as "possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system." However, further analysis revealed that of several unidentified objects, nine were distant galaxies and the tenth was "intergalactic cirrus". None were found to be Solar System bodies.

Also I'd like to point out that the video itself get's confusing. First it sides with a quote from IRAS that "Nibiru" is an object within out solar system(orbiting the sun) then it claims that it orbits a brown dwarf. Then a diagram pops up showing the brown dwarf orbiting the sun. So which is it?

After that there is a before-after pictures of May and September 2002. The pictures don't look like planetary orbitals at all. It looks more like a supernova or a nebula. i.e the gas around the star. That's what I found from the first half of the third video. I haven't even seen the other ones.

And last thing I want to mention: if you believe in this you have to believe in Atlantis and the Bible. Do you?

Edit: I looked at the rest then it showed an apparent picture of Nibiru from "a most southern area of the planet". The picture shows a fucking palm tree and the object in the photo could possibly be Venus.

Edited by FlashGM, 17 February 2008 - 09:23 PM.

#58 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(NextGenWarrior @ Feb 17 2008, 02:26 PM) View Post
Exactly but its unavoidable. People might say that its a lie and stuff, but its facts... Its not a rumor.

Show me the fucking facts. I'll prepare some "facts" of my own in the mean time.

#59 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Feb 17 2008, 10:04 PM) View Post
Show me the fucking facts. I'll prepare some "facts" of my own in the mean time.

No need. Here is a simple one.

Um, the time frame they are talking about would require this planet to cross galaxies in a impossible amount of time. Unless planetary systems can travel faster than light than there is nothing to worry about.....NextGen.....Just to be safe, sleep with mommy tonight.

#60 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

Ahh Niribu. Finally I get to show some of what I know of conspiracies. Basically if you don't want to read a huge long post its all got to do with records we have recovered from the first known civilization who were call the Sumerians. They were great astronomers, in a stone carving we see a picture of the solar system. There is more than 9 planets there (I think its more like 11). They also believed we were manufactured by people from the planet Niribu called the Annukai. Its basically got to do with that and a twist with new age findings and belifs that there is an earth sized object in our solar system that we haven't detected yet.

Now for the long detailed post. The Planet X theory is a fusion between the belif that there is an object in our outer solar system that we haven't detected, the sumerians and the theory of 2012.

The sumerians were the first known civilization who lived around the 4000BCE. They had belifs in which we might find quite out there. They belived we were created by the Annukai who dwelled on Niribu. These Annukai are belived to be the same people as the Nephilim (The sons of god who descended from the heavens. They were the reason god created the flood we know from the Noah's ark tale). The descriptions given by the sumerians and that of what the bible tells us of the Nephilim are quite similar. They are described as giant humans with a wealth of knowledge.

The sumerians also have a carving which depicts 11 planets. Found below;
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

As we know there are only 7 - 8 planets in our solar system (8 if you count Pluto as a planet). This depicts 11, some theories are that these are moons of other planets but this is 4000BCE we are talking about, astronomers like galileo who found moons on other planets lived in the 1500AD not 4000BCE. Which would make the sumerians look in a way superior to the people who lived 5500 years later. Some people believe that they were indeed smarter than us in our current day.

The Mayan Calender also comes into this. The Mayans were people of our ancient times who loved astronomy. They made a calender which can predict astronomical events very accuratly. Its so accurate that even with our current technology we may have trouble predicting these things if we didn't hav all our satellites scanning th sky. The Mayan Calender is the most accurate calender ever. After 13 Baktans (possibly wrong spelling) the calender ends. It is speculated that this is the end of life as we know it. Many people believe this is death but its not. Its a period of unity and peace throughout our universe.

Hope you learned something tongue.gif

#61 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(eRauzed @ Feb 18 2008, 01:26 AM) View Post
As we know there are only 7 - 8 planets in our solar system (8 if you count Pluto as a planet).

Call me stupid, But I thought there are 8, used to be 9. Not 7, ever...

#62 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(eRauzed @ Feb 17 2008, 11:26 PM) View Post
Ahh Niribu. Finally I get to show some of what I know of conspiracies. Basically if you don't want to read a huge long post its all got to do with records we have recovered from the first known civilization who were call the Sumerians. They were great astronomers, in a stone carving we see a picture of the solar system. There is more than 9 planets there (I think its more like 11). They also believed we were manufactured by people from the planet Niribu called the Annukai. Its basically got to do with that and a twist with new age findings and belifs that there is an earth sized object in our solar system that we haven't detected yet.
Now for the long detailed post. The Planet X theory is a fusion between the belif that there is an object in our outer solar system that we haven't detected, the sumerians and the theory of 2012.

The sumerians were the first known civilization who lived around the 4000BCE. They had belifs in which we might find quite out there. They belived we were created by the Annukai who dwelled on Niribu. These Annukai are belived to be the same people as the Nephilim (The sons of god who descended from the heavens. They were the reason god created the flood we know from the Noah's ark tale). The descriptions given by the sumerians and that of what the bible tells us of the Nephilim are quite similar. They are described as giant humans with a wealth of knowledge.

The sumerians also have a carving which depicts 11 planets. Found below;
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

As we know there are only 7 - 8 planets in our solar system (8 if you count Pluto as a planet). This depicts 11, some theories are that these are moons of other planets but this is 4000BCE we are talking about, astronomers like galileo who found moons on other planets lived in the 1500AD not 4000BCE. Which would make the sumerians look in a way superior to the people who lived 5500 years later. Some people believe that they were indeed smarter than us in our current day.

The Mayan Calender also comes into this. The Mayans were people of our ancient times who loved astronomy. They made a calender which can predict astronomical events very accuratly. Its so accurate that even with our current technology we may have trouble predicting these things if we didn't hav all our satellites scanning th sky. The Mayan Calender is the most accurate calender ever. After 13 Baktans (possibly wrong spelling) the calender ends. It is speculated that this is the end of life as we know it. Many people believe this is death but its not. Its a period of unity and peace throughout our universe.

Hope you learned something tongue.gif

Actually the calendar itself doesn't end after 13 baktun, the great cycle ends and a new one starts. I think right now we're on the fifth cycle.

#63 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Feb 18 2008, 06:37 AM) View Post

I think Raui means observable in the sky...

#64 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Feb 17 2008, 11:37 PM) View Post

Yeah, there's nine if you count pluto.

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Feb 17 2008, 11:38 PM) View Post
I think Raui means observable in the sky...

You can't observe earth in the sky tongue.gif unless someone puts a mirror on the moon. Wouldn't that be cool?

#65 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(FlashGM @ Feb 18 2008, 01:37 AM) View Post
Actually the calendar itself doesn't end after 13 baktun, the great cycle ends and a new one starts. I think right now we're on the fifth cycle.

The Mayan Calender ends in 2012 though, no?

#66 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

This Nibiru shit is the work of Zecariah Sitchin. He constantly says the word "nibiru" in Sumerian Texts in referring to a single planetary body that passes through our solar system roughly every 3600 years, destroying everything.
As is usually the case with his bullshit, Sitchin has gotten it completely wrong. In Sumerian texts "Nibiru" can have several meanings. These include ferry, ford, and basically any place of crossing.
It may, with its partner neburu, also identify a God, a star, or the planet we know as Venus
Most older languages are not as advanced with synonims, therefor they love using words with multiple meanings. I suppose this made memorizing different styles of pictographs a whole hell of alot easier when each one had several possible meanings. It was up to the reader to define each term by identifying the context in which it was used. Sitchin doesn't just make simple errors, he simply makes the fucking shit up as he goes along. He also seems unable of telling the difference between Aramaic and Hebrew.

#67 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Feb 17 2008, 11:42 PM) View Post

Right, the current cycle end on December 21, 2012 which is 13.0.0.0.0 in mayan long count.

Edited by FlashGM, 17 February 2008 - 10:47 PM.

#68 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Feb 17 2008, 10:42 PM) View Post

Depends on which idiot you listen to.
Maybe they just ran out of stone, or the calender maker died, or even they figured they had gone far enough, and they would never live to see that year anyway....

Lets all listen to a bunch of really old people.......Even better. Lets put it all in a book. Then people will read it, worship it, then we can make lots of money off it.....wait I think that is already copyrighted under "Religion"

#69 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

Sonic I think your being quite ignorant by your comment about listening to old people. I am not aware of Sitchin's work but could you tell me about what he says about the Annukai ? I mean how else could you take a race of humanoid beings from another planet ?

Also Chris I meant to say 8 - 9. BTW Why aint you ever on MSN biatch ?

#70 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(FlashGM @ Feb 18 2008, 06:40 AM) View Post
You can't observe earth in the sky tongue.gif

Yes, that's the point...
There are 8 planets in the sky, including pluto, and one beneath our feet.

#71 Blizzard

Blizzard
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

Wait, I thought it wasn't an end just a new start on all books i'v read it says that the Calender on Dec 21, 2012 is a new start a begging of something new.
-But with a chaos before the new start.

#72 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Blizzard @ Feb 18 2008, 05:51 PM) View Post
Wait, I thought it wasn't an end just a new start on all books i'v read it says that the Calender on Dec 21, 2012 is a new start a begging of something new.
-But with a chaos before the new start.

Would you stop trying to throw that twist in there. We are living that chaos now with our current wars and such. Stop trying to scare people tongue.gif

#73 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(eRauzed @ Feb 17 2008, 10:50 PM) View Post
Sonic I think your being quite ignorant by your comment about listening to old people. I am not aware of Sitchin's work but could you tell me about what he says about the Annukai ? I mean how else could you take a race of humanoid beings from another planet ?

Also Chris I meant to say 8 - 9. BTW Why aint you ever on MSN biatch ?

I am in no way insulting anyones religion. I am just pointing out that there are plenty of atheists that give all kinds of proof to why the bible, the kuran and such are wrong. Now alot of those people believe in a calender that is thousands of years old, and has only predicted solar eclipses and such. Now we must trust that an interpretation of a few peoples finding on an ancient language means that 13.0.0.0.0 is the end of the world because of a word that means "crossing"?

Chris. Do you belive in this Nibiru shit?

#74 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Sonic @ Feb 18 2008, 05:56 PM) View Post
I am in no way insulting anyones religion. I am just pointing out that there are plenty of atheists that give all kinds of proof to why the bible, the kuran and such are wrong. Now alot of those people believe in a calender that is thousands of years old, and has only predicted solar eclipses and such. Now we must trust that an interpretation of a few peoples finding on an ancient language means that 13.0.0.0.0 is the end of the world because of a word that means "crossing"?

Chris. Do you belive in this Nibiru shit?

Oh, I wasn't implying you were insulting anyones religion its just if it weren't for us listening to older people we would still all be cave men.

#75 Blizzard

Blizzard
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(eRauzed @ Feb 17 2008, 10:54 PM) View Post
Would you stop trying to throw that twist in there. We are living that chaos now with our current wars and such. Stop trying to scare people tongue.gif

Dude check this out:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users