Children suck.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

I'm under the impression that people that say they'd never want a kid would change their tune quick enough. It's probably a lot different when you actually have kids tongue.gif

#27 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

I couldn't marry someone that didn't want kids, if I wanted them.
As of yet, I'm undecided though. ;o
All little kids are annoying, but I think they're most annoying when they have older siblings, and their parents defend THEM when they get in an argument or something with the older one. Fucking kids.

But honestly, EVERYONE was annoying as a kid... well, most kids. Chances are, if any of you say you WEREN'T annoying children, you're either very (nieve? is that the word?), or lying.

Though I do agree siblings can be annoying bastards.

#28 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Blizzard @ Feb 19 2008, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets be honest here who wants to spend time with there parents and talk about stuff?

I actually LOVE to spend time with my mom because she's one of the coolest/funniest people I know.
We relate -very- well and as a child, I didn't get to spend quality time with her.
Maybe people that still have their father around don't like to spend time with them, but I would
LOVE to still have my dad... cherish what you have now.

#29 Niche

Niche
  • 2521 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

Gosh! Being an only child aint that bad, I am one (sort of) and I loved my childhood....when I was lonely I had my mum, nan or my cousins to play with....i also had toys and that. I think because I am an only child I have a really good relationship with my mum, she was and is ALWAYS there when I need her and feel I can tell her anything.

Your right about kids though, they can be annoying lil brats and you just wanna throw them as far as you can....BUT they can also melt your heart and piss yourself with what they say sometimes....I personally dunno if i want kids I mean i probably will anyways

#30 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

Wo I was about to freak out at someone reading the topic ... being a mom and all but then read the post tongue.gif I can't say I know what a brother or sister is like to live with I was a only child dand although many people think its great when I did something wrong I had no one to blame XD and always wanted a brother for some strange reason.... but there are many ups too smile.gif no sharing things or rooms no one bothering me.. and my daughter will prob grow up being an only child too.... I can handle 1 2 year old or 1 child but anymore and they do tend to get annoying lol but I love em all the same!

#31 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

I think I would be able to handle one child, but two would be way too much. If you don't spoil them, they won't grow up to be brats. As simple as that.

#32 GamerAsh

GamerAsh
  • 2350 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

Wow, this topic seems to have a bit of hate.

Persoanlly, I love children. I'm only 18 (19 in 4 days) but I care for my friend's mum's children all the time. One is 3 and other is 2. I think they're great, and awesome little dudes. I'd love to be a father someday, because I know (in my view) that all the bad moments will soon turn into nothing when you watch that child blossom and grow into something so beautiful you will be so proud.

#33 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:33 AM

The best thing that ever happened to me besides finding the love of my life was the introduction of kids into my life as well. Yes they are expensive and yes they take up a lot of your time but THEY ARE WORTH IT. Before I had kids I was always like man I do not want to have to deal with them ever. But once you have them in your life nothing will change your mind. The best feeling I have every day is when I walk in the door after a hard days work and my kids come running up to me greeting me with giant hugs. Sometimes you do make compromises because of all the money involved with kids but you just need to find a way to make everything work.

#34 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

Just leave the kids with the wife.

Seriously, tho... When I'm gonna have kids I'm aiming at having like only one. Kids are freaking expensive now, just imagine how much money you'll need to pour into having one in like ten years.

#35 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Cyo @ Feb 20 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just leave the kids with the wife.

Seriously, tho... When I'm gonna have kids I'm aiming at having like only one. Kids are freaking expensive now, just imagine how much money you'll need to pour into having one in like ten years.

thats not always an option. Both me and my girl work although she works about 30 hours a week and me 60 hours a week. Daycare sucks to the tune of about 180 a week. But thank god the little one will be in kindergarten next year so our daycare will only be like 50 a week.

#36 GamerAsh

GamerAsh
  • 2350 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (mastachew @ Feb 20 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best thing that ever happened to me besides finding the love of my life was the introduction of kids into my life as well. Yes they are expensive and yes they take up a lot of your time but THEY ARE WORTH IT. Before I had kids I was always like man I do not want to have to deal with them ever. But once you have them in your life nothing will change your mind. The best feeling I have every day is when I walk in the door after a hard days work and my kids come running up to me greeting me with giant hugs. Sometimes you do make compromises because of all the money involved with kids but you just need to find a way to make everything work.

Awww that's so cool. smile.gif

I'd love to have that feeling some day.

#37 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (GamerAsh @ Feb 20 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww that's so cool. smile.gif

I'd love to have that feeling some day.

I though u felt that way when you see me log into IM sad.gif

and make your font bigger or i will shin kick u.

#38 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (mastachew @ Feb 20 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I though u felt that way when you see me log into IM sad.gif

and make your font bigger or i will shin kick u.

I loled.
Wait.

>.>
Is mine too small, too?
O.O

#39 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Gooba.Butt @ Feb 20 2008, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loled.
Wait.

>.>
Is mine too small, too?
O.O

i can read yours smile.gif

his combo of the font/blue color/ and my background makes it impossible for me to read it without highlighting it first. rawr_.gif

#40 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (mastachew @ Feb 20 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can read yours smile.gif

his combo of the font/blue color/ and my background makes it impossible for me to read it without highlighting it first. rawr_.gif

Oh yeah I know what you mean. I had the dark background for a little bit and couldn't read ANYTHING.
But now I'm using something lighter. Whoot!

#41 Kail

Kail
  • 1109 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

My girlfriend wants babies already and were only 14 1we8.gif

#42 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

Kids aren't such a bad thing, it all depends on how you treat them. If you treat them like commodities that the mass media must school, then yeah, you're child's probably going to suck. But if I had a kid, I don't see myself trying to do what I can to avoid it.

#43 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Kami @ Feb 20 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WTF is up with these YOUNG girls wanted to have kids? I know a 15 year old who wants kids already. Still kids themselves. 1we8.gif

#44 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Kami @ Feb 20 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Enjoy your teenage years a bit. There's plenty of time for that later on in life, and like Alex said, once you have a kid you are stuck with it. Not to mention, if you choose to pursue something academically later on, its a heck of a lot tougher if you have a kid to take care of. wink.gif

#45 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Cataliste @ Feb 18 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMFG. Brooke is gonna go apeshit when she sees this. We don;t want kids for the same reason.

And younger siblings are the WORST. Mine are both MUCH fatter than me (youngest is 200 lbs, middle child is 310 lbs, I am a mere 170ish lbs). So they htink they can push me around. Thank God they can't fight for shit. xD

Either way, I would like to have kids later on in life, but no time in the near future. And my child will be so well disciplined. If not, I'll beat him. If he still does not get the picture, I'll sell him in China, and buy an asian kid. I think they are smarter or something.

meh I dont see beatings as necessary, I wasnt ever "beaten" and have never been grounded and I turned out fine..

lol dont trust her on birth control tongue.gif

#47 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Fatal @ Feb 22 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasnt ever "beaten" and have never been grounded and I turned out fine..

No beatings!? are your parents hippies or something?

#48 dragonlady

dragonlady
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

Children suck? On the contrary-adults suck. Kids rock. You won't fully realize this until you become an adult yourself, and are surrounded by the masses of other demanding, worrisome, anal retentive, joyless souls-who fully expect you to join them in their misery according to what year you were born.

I've got 3 kids. It does get hard at times, as is ANYTHING in your life that you will ever decide to commit to. Nothing is easy or wonderful all the time-life just doesn't work that way!

I spank my kids when they need it, and I ground them when they misbehave. There is a difference between disciplining and beating your children-beating a child is never positive. But it's every parents responsibility, children NEED discipline until they are able to understand concepts like consequences, karma, the importance of other people's feelings, etc.. Personally, I think that is part of the problem today, why so many kids are such little brats-that spanking has become such a social (and even legal) faux pas. EVERY child's natural instinct is to test the boundaries of their environment, and if we don't set them they will keep testing until they literally live in and rule their own little worlds, doing whatever they want because they don't anticipate any afterclap.

Having kids is a huge responsibility, but it's also a joy, an adventure, and the source of most intense possible feelings you can ever experience. I think it's a blast. My kids help me keep my focus and my perspective. I know I see life as alot more fun and positive because of them.

I have to stay up late too to get any time to myself, to be just me instead of any label-mom, cook, maid, teacher, babysitter, nurse, etc. But guess what? No matter what your station in life, that is true for everyone. We all have obligations that we may not always embrace. What good does it do to allow it to make you miserable? It doesn't change your current reality. Whining and blaming others will never get you anywhere....it only prolongs your misery.

Your sister is a person with postive and negative attributes just like you, just lke anyone else. Talk to your parents about how her behavior bothers you, and what can be done about it. She's a child! She doesn't have to be allowed free reign, and I suspect you'd see her alot differently if you were allowed some of your own identity.

Besides brothers and sisters can be your best friends as adults-the people you call when you need advice, help moving, a loan til payday rolleyes.gif It's not such a bad idea to make the effort to develop a relationship with the people you'll need later, your family are the only ones who will love you unconditionally!

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users