Quantcast

Photo

Do you post because you want to get points?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you post because you want to get points?

Do you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Lol, i don't post for them... I don't really post at all wink.gif

#77 GamerAsh

GamerAsh
  • 2350 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (SupermanFTM @ Feb 20 2008, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You belong in the LPC section, get over there tongue.gif

#78 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (SupermanFTM @ Feb 19 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then start posting tongue.gif.

Also, the points system is nice but I don't understand how it has anything to do with activity tongue.gif. I guess maybe people like the thought of being rewarded each time they post? tongue.gif

#79 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (GamerAsh @ Feb 20 2008, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You belong in the LPC section, get over there tongue.gif

So do you tongue.gif

#80 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Feb 20 2008, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well then start posting tongue.gif .

Also, the points system is nice but I don't understand how it has anything to do with activity tongue.gif . I guess maybe people like the thought of being rewarded each time they post? tongue.gif

It's kind of like a carrot at the end of the stick. Not only do you get to know your fellow codexians by posting, but you also get a point! WOOO~! Positive reinforcement is good for getting results. happy.gif

#81 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (tastyphoxette @ Feb 20 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's kind of like a carrot at the end of the stick. Not only do you get to know your fellow codexians by posting, but you also get a point! WOOO~! Positive reinforcement is good for getting results. happy.gif

We should introduce a stick, too.
Lose a point for every time you don't post tongue.gif

#82 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Feb 20 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We should introduce a stick, too.
Lose a point for every time you don't post tongue.gif

You mean like, each time you read a thread but don't post a response?

Oh god. That can only lead to spam. D:

Seeing as how I read everything.

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:42 AM

I was joking. But yes!

Muahahahaha!

#84 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Feb 20 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was joking. But yes!

Muahahahaha!

Lol that could become your excuse for posting* ^^

"Sorry, I had to post, didn't want them stealin' mah points now, do I?"

#85 Aerowyn

Aerowyn
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:22 AM

I'm posting to get Advanced Rank so I can get at all the Neopets programs I used to use before they gave the regular members the short end of the stick. >___<

I didn't realize we were now on a points system. That's kinda weird. :\ That's just asking for some spam.

#86 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Aerowyn @ Feb 20 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm posting to get Advanced Rank so I can get at all the Neopets programs I used to use before they gave the regular members the short end of the stick. >___<

I didn't realize we were now on a points system. That's kinda weird. :\ That's just asking for some spam.

Normal members never had access to advanced level programs... before advanced was instituted, they were private level instead.

#87 adonis

adonis
  • 789 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:39 AM

My saliva gland gets a little over active as I imagine what goodies await me when I get to advanced ninja5.gif

#88 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (adonis @ Feb 20 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My saliva gland gets a little over active as I imagine what goodies await me when I get to advanced ninja5.gif

Oh dear. Better get some sort of plastic cover or something.... Don't want you to drool all over your computer and cause it to short circuit. ohmy.gif

#89 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

No, I post just because I feel like it. Of course, I like getting the points, but I'd still be posting even without the points.

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Feb 20 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Normal members never had access to advanced level programs... before advanced was instituted, they were private level instead.

And even when advanced was instituted, for a while, I don't think they had any benefits. When I was advanced in the past I don't remember it, anyways.

#90 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

I post because Neocodex is the only way I can get in contact with some of my friends smile.gif. Again, the community is what I come here for tongue.gif.

#91 candy_heart1981

candy_heart1981
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

posting just to get points is cheating right?i am new to this forum but on another one,if you post just to get 'cash' then it is spam and i think members get suspended.

#92 Grizzy

Grizzy
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

what are these..points?
0_o

#93 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (desiresd @ Feb 22 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what are these..points?
0_o

These points can be found on the left side of your post under "points" lol and they are used for buying things at the IBStore located under fun and entertainment.

Edit: You get 1 point per post and 5 points for each topic you create I believe

posting just to get points is cheating right?i am new to this forum but on another one,if you post just to get 'cash' then it is spam and i think members get suspended.

Yeah try not to spam...spam is never good but If you have an opinion on a topic or something that can help someone out go for it and post ... I do happy.gif but I post not for the points (even though they are nice) but I love getting to know people here this places is a great place !

Edited by Sunset, 22 February 2008 - 02:27 PM.

#94 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

Posting just to get points isn't unacceptable... You just have to disguise it. This post, for example, was created purely to get points, but it isn't spam because it looks like I'm saying something productive.

#95 candy_heart1981

candy_heart1981
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:50 PM

i am not saying this forum is spam.i mean like...

ya know just asking how everyone is-friendly it may be,that would be spam though and abit pointless...well i think it would be anyway.
and asking about the weather. tongue.gif

#96 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Hawk @ Feb 22 2008, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posting just to get points isn't unacceptable... You just have to disguise it. This post, for example, was created purely to get points, but it isn't spam because it looks like I'm saying something productive.

That was an extremely clever ruse, Hawk.

Candy: Sometimes you could say that How are you's are spam... but you can also argue that it's not. Because, you know, those Getting to Know You topics help bring communities closer together.

Or some junk.

ohmy.gif

#97 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (tastyphoxette @ Feb 22 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was an extremely clever ruse, Hawk.

Candy: Sometimes you could say that How are you's are spam... but you can also argue that it's not. Because, you know, those Getting to Know You topics help bring communities closer together.

Or some junk.

ohmy.gif

Yep see your point there ..... I guess in someways it could be spam and others it wouldn't ... My thoughts on it is if you think it would be spam and can cover it up so to say XD then don't

#98 dragonlady

dragonlady
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

Geez, I didn't even really know what the points were-just that I had WAY less than everybody else......off to start posting like a mutha wink.gif

Seriously, I know I haven't been around long enough for my opinion to count, but I see Candy's point. If people are only motivated by that number rather than genuine interest or contribution to the topic at hand, then you'll end up with just crap posts taking up space-spam you have to sift through to get to the goods thumbdown.gif

#99 Magma

Magma
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

I don't post because I am a lurker =D

#100 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

When did these points happen and what do they signify?

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users