• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Feb 27 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An interesting comment coming from you, of all people...

Am I married yet? I didn't know I was.

Anyways you're right Kit, it can be fine for some people and not fine for others. Seems like obviously in this case... :\ Anyways my sister before she got married had a lot of troubles with her current husband. He had anger issues and she wanted to marry him anyways but with pre-marital counciling. They were originally going to get married last february but it was a very very very bad idea. So they waited till May after he got his counciling. There's a big point to waiting and honestly I still wonder if she shouldn't have... waited longer >_<

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ Feb 28 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I married yet? I didn't know I was.

Anyways you're right Kit, it can be fine for some people and not fine for others. Seems like obviously in this case... :\ Anyways my sister before she got married had a lot of troubles with her current husband. He had anger issues and she wanted to marry him anyways but with pre-marital counciling. They were originally going to get married last february but it was a very very very bad idea. So they waited till May after he got his counciling. There's a big point to waiting and honestly I still wonder if she shouldn't have... waited longer >_<

You may as well be *ruffle*

#28 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Feb 27 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may as well be *ruffle*

Yes and no tongue.gif We aren't even living together.

#29 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ Feb 28 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and no tongue.gif We aren't even living together.

Pah. I'll romanticise your relationship if I want to, AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!

#30 dragonlady

dragonlady
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

The problem here is not that you can't trust all those other people giving you advice. The problem is that you don't trust yourself to make the right decision, and you don't trust her not to screw around and party while you give her that space.

Here's the thing. A marriage is something that should FULLY be able to withstand a few days of being apart, even when tensions are high. If those few days and phone calls are the make or break issue here, then your marriage won't last in the long run anyway.

I have to agree that she should have been the one to go though, instead of booting you out.

It's probably in your best interests to let everything die down anyway. Let things cool off, give everyone time to think.

Besides that-why is a woman who is telling you to leave her alone, she wants a divorce, etc-calling you crying and leaving voice mails to call her back? SOunds like some pretty textbook manipulation efforts, and by giving her space and remaining calm, you also aren't playing into that.

Good luck man, every marriage goes through hard times, there's no getting out of that. It's up to the people in it to decide whether or not it's worth working at it.

#31 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Cory @ Feb 27 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your fucking devastated but the first thing you do is go out and get wasted, and talk to some other girls? Sounds like you only got married so that you would have someone back home when you where gone. You really need to prioritize yourself and figure out whats more important. In 30 years she is still going to be around ( well unless you keep fucking up and she leaves you permanently ) she should be the number one thing that matters to you, nothing else should come close.

I agree with this. I understand getting support from friends, but drinking? No. Especially getting wasted, I mean COME ON.
That probably only worsens situations.

&& about your getting married too young? I don't know anything about that. Chris always talks about getting married but I know, and hopefully he does too, that we need to wait A WHILE before that. We need to get financially and emotionally stable.
Both come with time, hopefully.

*shrug* I hope things get better in your situation..

#32 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

Talk about early marriage man. I wanted to get married for a while. Almost did, then I realized I have all the time in the world to blow and trying to fake some clean image of me in a committed relationship doesn't sound like a fun time for somebody my age.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users