Photo

Addiction

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 Germ

Germ
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

I am addicted to online video games. Though I don't plan to stop it because they're are my hobbies and what keep me entertained. Though I guess I could stop for awhile, maybe not forever. tongue.gif

#27 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ Apr 5 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oblivion sad.gif Damn you Elder Scrolls!! Oh, and I wouldn't call it an addiction but I would call it a control problem. I need to know everything about everything that I'm thinking and feeling to an obsession. Essentially I know too much already and I need to know more and more and more and more and it's killing me tongue.gif It's actually effecting my psychologically. Why oh why did I ever go into this field of study?

Holy shit... I just got Oblivion for my PS3 on Monday. I've put in a total of, oh... probably 20 hours already. 15 of which came from Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights after school! dry.gif I'm having too much fun. blink.gif Thats why I've slowed down on posting here too. xD

So yeah... I'm addicted to video games. smile.gif

#28 illicit

illicit
  • 915 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

I'm totally addicted to Neopets =( It's where I spend ALL day, literally. Sucks too because I'm never actually doing anything on Neopets...

#29 Jenna

Jenna
  • 2129 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

for me its old school RPG I spend all my time on Telnet worlds text roleplaying in World of Darkness settings. It may be hard to believe because my grammar here sucks but I really do enjoy it. And my client has a built in spell catcher, I really enjoy telling storries and playing on the games. after reading everyone elses I do have to add, diet soda to my list.

I used to smoke but I am going on 3 years without.

#30 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3759 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

Crack.

I can't get through the day without smoking a rock the size of my thumbnail.

#31 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ Apr 5 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oblivion sad.gif Damn you Elder Scrolls!! Oh, and I wouldn't call it an addiction but I would call it a control problem. I need to know everything about everything that I'm thinking and feeling to an obsession. Essentially I know too much already and I need to know more and more and more and more and it's killing me tongue.gif It's actually effecting my psychologically. Why oh why did I ever go into this field of study?

Oblivion is fun but it gets boring after a while tongue.gif You'll get tired of it.

#32 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

PEOPLE FEEL MY PAIN OMG. Hahaha so I see I'm not alone. And yeah I have it for the PC though so I'm like downloading all these quest mods to continue playing. Seriously I can't stop xD It's terrible. There was this week about a couple weeks ago where I barely came on codex at all. Guess what I was doing? Dark Brotherhood quests because they're the best ever o.o

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:50 AM

Not addicted to anything, I'm not that pathetic and have something called self-control.

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Apr 6 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yet your warn record and your usual style of replying, would suggest otherwise 1we8.gif

Ooh, vicious tongue.gif

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Apr 6 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yet your warn record and your usual style of replying, would suggest otherwise 1we8.gif

That's just who I am, it's not an addiction. I'd thought someone who deals with addiction like you would understand that.

#36 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ Apr 5 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PEOPLE FEEL MY PAIN OMG. Hahaha so I see I'm not alone. And yeah I have it for the PC though so I'm like downloading all these quest mods to continue playing. Seriously I can't stop xD It's terrible. There was this week about a couple weeks ago where I barely came on codex at all. Guess what I was doing? Dark Brotherhood quests because they're the best ever o.o

I finished the Dark Brotherhood quests. Once you're done, you still want more but there aren't any sad.gif

#37 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

I guess you could say video games. Its my spring break now...but due to certain circumstances I cant whore my break to games.
Even though all I want to do is play COD4...

#38 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Apr 7 2008, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's just who you are eh? Why exactly should I accept that as an answer when you're so quick to say what's wrong with who I am.

Also, I didn't say you had an addiction. You said you had self-control, but your warn record suggests otherwise. In fact disproves it. If you had self-control, you wouldn't have such an extensive amount of warns. When many are for making secondary accounts to bypass suspensions, for flaming over and over, you aren't showing the amount of control you just claimed.

Well self-control would actually dictate something you care about. When you have little or no interest then self-control doesn't really matter.

#39 Grizzy

Grizzy
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:21 AM

So you lack self-control in areas where people are in need of aid............

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:23 AM

?

#41 Grizzy

Grizzy
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

how is that so hard to understand
*counts to ten*
*hugs pillow*
do I need to put breaks in between the words...or syllables?

I don't understand how you can't understand what I'm trying to understand...is there anyway to make you understand what I'm understanding more understandable?

Edited by Grizzy, 08 April 2008 - 04:22 PM.

#42 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

Yes, stop breathing. That usually works.

#43 Grizzy

Grizzy
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

I type without need of breath...wanna learn how?
It's a sort of addiction.........

#44 princesseh

princesseh
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:17 AM

The internet!
Its eating my life! *cry*

#45 Kisarou

Kisarou
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

I'm addicted with my fetish currently. Can't seem to control it tongue.gif

Other than that, I quitted my previous bad addictions biggrin.gif

#46 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Josh @ Apr 5 2008, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gum.

I can go through a whole pack in a good 2 hour time span. I can't count how many times I've been busted in class with gum, an addiction that's hard to get rid of because most of the time when I chew it it's because I'm hungry so I end up not eating lunch or dinner sometimes =/ It's not that I constantly need it, but whenever I'm at a store and have a dollar or two in my pocket I'll buy as many packs as I can xD

how big are the packs? sometimes ill go through the orbit gums in a few hours

#47 elz

elz
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

I'm addicted to
-Internet (I'd probably kill myself if I lost it. If my internet gets cut off for a few hours I find myself sitting in a a dark corner and checking if it's back every 5 minutes.)
-Sex
-Music
-Candy

And used to be kinda addicted to cutting.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users