• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

I went to a Cat Club Cat Convention yesterday with my family. Over 250 cats were there and they were all competing for first place in the cat competition. When we entered, we were given first place ribbons as we entered and were instructed to place these ribbons onto the display of our favorite cat. The cat with the most ribbons gets a prize at the end of the show. The people at the convention were very serious about their cats too. Many of them were breeders and there were probably some cat enthusiasts there as well but the fervor for their cats was just amazing to see. The cats would compete against each other for cuteness and ratings by the public and they had demonstrations on how to do certain things for your cats like properly groom them and treat them. You could also buy toys and other cat related paraphernalia.

One interesting thing I noticed was that some cat owners give their cats baby food. I was unaware such activities occured tongue.gif.

Anyway, I took some pictures so you can check them out here:

Sorry I didn't take more pictures tongue.gif. Eventually I just got too engrossed in the cats to remember to take pictures tongue.gif.

#2 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

you forgot to bold sad.gif

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ Apr 6 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you forgot to bold sad.gif
Bold? That other topic was only because of special request dry.gif.

#4 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Fine. I'll do it for you so we can have consistency. It'll bother me if we don't sad.gif

#5 illicit

illicit
  • 915 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

Ohh that would have been fun to go to! I love cats :*

Did you have any cats to enter?

#6 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

It looks like someone found their camera. smile.gif

#7 foogie

foogie
  • 5818 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

this topic needs more B.

I've been told my kitty should be a show kitty... her coat is so shiny, and she's strong and healthy.
but I think she would probably lose points for her war wounds... she's a scrapper. she's got a chip or two in her ear which I say add character. D:<

#8 Selphie

Selphie
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

OMG! I'm very, very jealous, and I wish I could have gone to the kitty convention too. D:

#9 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (illicit @ Apr 6 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh that would have been fun to go to! I love cats :*

Did you have any cats to enter?
I have one cat at home but he is hardly well behaved enough to sit in a cage of sorts for half a day. He likes to run around and play so it's difficult to take him anywhere. Plus he hates car rides tongue.gif.

QUOTE (Cory @ Apr 6 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like someone found their camera. smile.gif
I take these with my phone tongue.gif. Since they are with me everywhere I go and I now have an easy way to get them off my phone, I just take pictures of the things I do. Perhaps I'll start a blog or something.

QUOTE (Selphie @ Apr 6 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG! I'm very, very jealous, and I wish I could have gone to the kitty convention too. D:
We saw it on a sign on the way home and it was a pretty spontaneous type deal so it was all the more fun tongue.gif.

#10 Kail

Kail
  • 1109 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

My cat is..

Serious asian cat.

(Yes that really is my cat)

#11 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Apr 6 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I didn't take more pictures tongue.gif. Eventually I just got too engrossed in the cats to remember to take pictures tongue.gif.

Oh wow, is this the cat thing you were telling me about on MSN? Interesting. unsure.gif

#12 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

I do love meatball conventions innocent.gif

#13 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

Awww I'd love to go to one of these! All the coot kitties and such! Hehehehee!

Oh. About the baby food. My boss (who has over 20something cats) feeds baby food to hers. Especially when one of them is sick. 1we8.gif

#14 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Gooba.Butt @ Apr 6 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww I'd love to go to one of these! All the coot kitties and such! Hehehehee!

Oh. About the baby food. My boss (who has over 20something cats) feeds baby food to hers. Especially when one of them is sick. 1we8.gif
And apparently they go really crazy over it too tongue.gif.

#15 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Apr 6 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And apparently they go really crazy over it too tongue.gif.

Oh no doubt. I remember that banana baby food used to be REALLY good. . . unsure.gif

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Gooba.Butt @ Apr 6 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no doubt. I remember that banana baby food used to be REALLY good. . . unsure.gif
I should try it sometime. Banana was good but it was nothing compared to apple. That shit was the shit biggrin.gif.

#17 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:57 AM

This sounds like something my sister would like to do. We have seven cats, and we could probably bring four of them to this type of convention. Some of my cats actually want to go in the car.

#18 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Toxic-Snipe @ Apr 7 2008, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds like something my sister would like to do. We have seven cats, and we could probably bring four of them to this type of convention. Some of my cats actually want to go in the car.
ohmy.gif Mine hates to see it moving. He gets stressed out and starts panting and heaving tongue.gif

#19 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Apr 7 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif Mine hates to see it moving. He gets stressed out and starts panting and heaving tongue.gif

Well, I don't know if they will like it once they get in. Some of my cats just run up to me as I'm getting into the car meowing at me like they want to get in.

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Toxic-Snipe @ Apr 7 2008, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I don't know if they will like it once they get in. Some of my cats just run up to me as I'm getting into the car meowing at me like they want to get in.

Maybe they just love you tongue.gif. My cat is an indoor cat and so he doesn't really go outside and therefore is not able to run up to me like that tongue.gif. It would be pretty cool though tongue.gif

#21 Jenna

Jenna
  • 2129 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

sounds cute I have a show cat as a pet but hes never been entererd in any shows. he is a very sweet kitty though.

#22 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Jenna @ Apr 7 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds cute I have a show cat as a pet but hes never been entererd in any shows. he is a very sweet kitty though.

Enter him ohmy.gif

He can win prizes and stuff ohmy.gif

Mine is not purebred in the least. He's a domestic short haired cat and very cute nonetheless tongue.gif. We call him Pepper smile.gif. He's turned out to be quite like a pepper too dry.gif. Too much of him and you will get yourself hurt, but too little and life is bland sad.gif.

#23 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

Were there any LOLCats in attendance?

#24 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Evan @ Apr 7 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were there any LOLCats in attendance?

They'll probably become LOLcats if they aren't now tongue.gif

My cat is a surly malcontent.

#25 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

Cute cat hydro tongue.gif This is bringing me back to that one staff meeting where you picked up your cat or something and it meowed/screamed into your mic. tongue.gif

Meh, my cat sleeps the majority of the day and meows for food at about 3am. In fact, he's sleeping right next to me as I type this. He's a 15 year old black cat and his birthday is on Halloween(no joke). tongue.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users