Photo

mac vs pc

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 xeeki

xeeki
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

I got my first pc notebook when I was 12 then I had an HP desktop and notebook until recently that I switched to mac. I still have my HP tablet for work but after using mac for 6 months flawlessly I have to say the ONLY reason I use my PC for personal reasons is to run neopet programs. Has anyone developed mac based programs or thinking of it?

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

I've never even touched a mac in my life. biggrin.gif Don't plan on it either.

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

Hey Mac, wanna play Minesweeper? tongue.gif

#4 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

The only things that sucks about mac is how only java programs can be run on it and...of course...the gaming thing. tongue.gif

I heart mac biggrin.gif

#5 xeeki

xeeki
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Eric @ May 2 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Mac, wanna play Minesweeper? tongue.gif

lol; dude mac's are just flawless... there is never an issue you just do what you need to/want to and it just works. No having to fiddle around with a million bugs to get something working properly... it just does. thumbsup.gif

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (xeeki @ May 3 2008, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol; dude mac's are just flawless... there is never an issue you just do what you need to/want to and it just works. No having to fiddle around with a million bugs to get something working properly... it just does. thumbsup.gif

It just does because there's hardly anything that you can actually run on them. tongue.gif

#7 ink

ink
  • 2189 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (xeeki @ May 2 2008, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to make Mac programs for such sites as Neopets... but I got the staff there a tad angry... so I can't tongue.gif

But, if you have a newer Mac (one that is an Intel) you can install Bootcamp, which allows you to run Windows if you have an installer disc. You can also use VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop to run it while still in OS X which is still in an isolated environment so you don't have to worry about viruses or spyware.

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ May 2 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It just does because there's hardly anything that you can actually run on them. tongue.gif

Wow, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
You've never used a Mac, so don't try acting like you know shit.

I use both a Mac and a x86/x64 custom build. Selling both for my new x86 that I'm patching for OS X.
"PC" is an incorrect term. Both Macs and x86/x64 built machines are personal computers (PCs) because they are used for... personal "things" (compliments of Calida's wonderful terminology). But both can also be used for business class servers.

OS X has everything you can get on Windows, minus the crappy kernel buffering and bloated installs. You can even run most Windows games on OS X using Darwine, just as on Linux. If you are really desperate though, as last resort you can go to the aforementioned VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop.

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (ink @ May 3 2008, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
You've never used a Mac, so don't try acting like you know shit.

I use both a Mac and a x86/x64 custom build. Selling both for my new x86 that I'm patching for OS X.
"PC" is an incorrect term. Both Macs and x86/x64 built machines are personal computers (PCs) because they are used for... personal "things" (compliments of Calida's wonderful terminology). But both can also be used for business class servers.

OS X has everything you can get on Windows, minus the crappy kernel buffering and bloated installs. You can even run most Windows games on OS X using Darwine, just as on Linux. If you are really desperate though, as last resort you can go to the aforementioned VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop.

I was joking, hence the tongue.gif. laugh.gif

#9 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

everything just works with a mac cause they use all the same hardware so it's easier to make programs and drivers for it. With windows theres so many varieties of hardware setups etc. and some drivers might not work well with eachother so thats why windows gets a lot of bugs and shit.

#10 GhostBuster

GhostBuster
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Photoshop isn't a game tongue.gif

#11 xeeki

xeeki
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Cyo @ May 2 2008, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everything just works with a mac cause they use all the same hardware so it's easier to make programs and drivers for it. With windows theres so many varieties of hardware setups etc. and some drivers might not work well with eachother so thats why windows gets a lot of bugs and shit.

I never looked at it from the perspective it makes perfect sense smile.gif

#12 Shadiel

Shadiel
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

Never will I ever pay for that overpriced shit.

#13 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (xeeki @ May 2 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dollars to doughnuts that xeeki's last name is Jobs.

tongue.gif

#14 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

I am writing this post on a mac. I just got done using a linux computer and I have a PC at home with Windows XP SP2. The mac also has Windows XP SP2 as well tongue.gif. I have uses for all of this stuff tongue.gif.

#15 hab

hab
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:34 AM

I've never likes mcs Tbh wacko.gif

#16 ink

ink
  • 2189 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Cyo @ May 2 2008, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, my friend, but you are incorrect 1we8.gif

On most modern hardware, you can run Mac OS X. Usually the only thing that needs to be patched is the EFI boot loader (so that it believes you are using an official Apple computer) or graphics hardware listings (so programs don't run on low resolutions due to it thinking the hardware is a generic card.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users