Photo

My current school annoyance

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

So, I've got a formal lab report (Will take more than or equal to 6 hours to get an A because we are forced to take a COMPLETE tour of the facility we visit) for Chemistry that's due by Friday, with two other people. I have one's email, and neither's cell phone. This weekend is out of the picture, because one of them is going camping and the other is never online nor does she read her email.

A math final due a week early on Wednesday and Thursday that consists of EVERY little formula we've EVER had for Precalculus. This includes the trig laws. This is the only class I will not have a real final in, but the timing is horrible. I also have math homework this weekend which took me about 2 hours to finish due to the sheer mass of problems assigned.

An abstinence project for health (You guys helped with the first part) that I need to assemble (Labels on a frisbee with pictures and captions)

A Latin test consisting for up for a quarter of my grade, and yet not the final, which is another 25%. Consists of everythng we've learned this year, from the 300 vocabs and hundreds of grammar rules. I also have a 76 Verb chart consisting of all verb tenses (Imperfect, Passive imperfect, Present, Perfect, Future, Future perfect) and infinitives, imperatives, and passive declensions for 5 different verbs. So that's 76*5. In other words, a long time in Microsoft Excel.

A skit in French worth 10% of my grade, which is already a B+, and I want an A for such a class. Due Wednesday, assigned Friday, group project with 2 other people with no email and one without a cell phone till THURSDAY. She claims we need to "find time" because "no high school student has so much to do that they can't meet for half an hour." B***h. Also, a test on a French book we read which involvs vocab we've never sen before, nitty gritty details of the book (I know because the midterm for the book was like this) and character biographies we have to fill out

A process document for my speech and the speech itself due Friday, which was assigned this past Thursday, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Not to mention I have finals that count for 10% of my grades in all my classes next week.

This is what I would expect from friggin' COLLEGE, not from the second to last week of my freshman year in HIGH SCHOOL.

So far, I've finished all of Latin, math studying and my weekend math homework, and part of Health. DAMNIT.

Discuss how I can manage my time and/or stupid time management points in your life.
/rant
smile.gif
P.S: Sorry for making so many topics about my persoal life lately. Codex is my 10 minute break right now. sad.gif

#2 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

Cliffs wacko.gif

#3 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

blink.gif

You sure they didn't accidentally mistake you for a junior or something? laugh.gif

#4 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Black Flame @ May 31 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif

You sure they didn't accidentally mistake you for a junior or something? laugh.gif

No, all excepot for Chem and Math, these all are freshman level classes. And only Math and English are honors crybaby.gif

#5 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Josh @ May 31 2008, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sucks.

I'm past all that crap. Just got a 3 page (5 paragraph) in class essay along with 150 questions for my history final (final is spread out over two days), 100 question math and German final, and that's it. Luckily I had my chem final last week and my English final was an essay so I have monday and tuesday to prepare for the other 3 finals.

dry.gif Your's are spread out. With the exception of math, all of ym finals are literally back to back. Over three days, 6 finals. Two finals per day, wedesday, thursday, friday. Not even a weekend in between. Stupid school. How do these excersizes even measure more than 4 of the 10 sectors of intelligence?
Analysis USED in english and science
Naturalist
Logical USED in math and science
Linguistics USED in languages
Spatial
Physical USED partially in P.E.
Musical
Interpersonal
Intrapersonal
Kinesthetic

#6 A Silent Soliloquy

A Silent Soliloquy
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

I have a french essay, presentation and exam, english comparative essay between 1984 and Lord of the Flies and exam, 3 math exams, a university statistics exam, a science ISU, CPT, and exam.

I'm only a sophomore.

#7 Guest_Ali_*

Guest_Ali_*

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Aetas @ Jun 1 2008, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what I would expect from friggin' COLLEGE, not from the second to last week of my freshman year in HIGH SCHOOL.

I have much less work now that I'm at university instead of school. tongue.gif

I have the worst time management skills in the world though. sad.gif

All I have left for the year is a recital. happy.gif

#8 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (The Golden Cheesepuff @ May 31 2008, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a french essay, presentation and exam, english comparative essay between 1984 and Lord of the Flies and exam, 3 math exams, a university statistics exam, a science ISU, CPT, and exam.

I'm only a sophomore.

Meheh!? You got french individual stuff? I wish I ahd that french, not so much the math. The science is essentially what I have as my final, and math is a little less, but I'm envious fo your french. I pwn at languages, by because we need partners, I stopped pwning on my skit.

BY the way, did I mention the skit is 5 to 10 minutes long, or you fail automatically? STUPID B***H HATES US!

Ali. Why? Why doth thou torture me, who hath done no error to thee!

#9 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

First thing I want you to do is CALM DOWN and take one project at a time and don't concentrate on all of them at once. Don't even think about finals yet until you get this stuff done. It's how people do poorly. They think of the grand amount of things that they need to do and stress about them to the point where they can't function. Stress will also make your body tired and you'll need more sleep and be more likely to get sick so go slow and don't worry. One step at a time. What you need to think about is the things due first and get them done in order. Just one step at a time.

Also recognize that it isn't the end of the world if you don't get an A in a class. I realize you are looking ahead at college, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't get into the best school. Ivy league isn't worth killing yourself and not enjoying life for four years. Just do the best you can and if your best isn't an A, that's fine. A B+ or an A- is still a good grade smile.gif Just pace yourself.

#10 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ May 31 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First thing I want you to do is CALM DOWN and take one project at a time and don't concentrate on all of them at once. Don't even think about finals yet until you get this stuff done. It's how people do poorly. They think of the grand amount of things that they need to do and stress about them to the point where they can't function. Stress will also make your body tired and you'll need more sleep and be more likely to get sick so go slow and don't worry. One step at a time. What you need to think about is the things due first and get them done in order. Just one step at a time.

Also recognize that it isn't the end of the world if you don't get an A in a class. I realize you are looking ahead at college, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't get into the best school. Ivy league isn't worth killing yourself and not enjoying life for four years. Just do the best you can and if your best isn't an A, that's fine. A B+ or an A- is still a good grade smile.gif Just pace yourself.

Thine words of wisdom hath calmed me down.

Thanks! It's almost 10:45 over here, so I think I'll head off to bed now and worry tomorrow smile.gif

But my parents want teh good grades. They aren't like ASIAN ASIAN parents, but their Asian instincts still kick in if less than half of my grades are A's.

Plus, I'm personally motivated to get good grades. Even if I had shitty parents, I'd stil want A's. Nevertheless, I got a lot of work done today. If I replicate tomorrow with today's results, I MIGHT be able to finish it all!
(Today, Latin, math, and almost all of health were finished, which is a little less than half of my stuff due this week)

#11 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Haha, but you do have Asian parents xD You're from western india, after all biggrin.gif And I'm glad you calmed down a bit <3 I learned that the hard way this last semester. But it's good that you're motivated. I've just seen some people by the end of their senior year just completely exhausted that they don't do well. They just completely crash. There's some people who can make it, but others just can't seem to sad.gif And if you can't make straight A's it's alright tongue.gif As long as it's not like... straight C's biggrin.gif

#12 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ May 31 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, but you do have Asian parents xD You're from western india, after all biggrin.gif And I'm glad you calmed down a bit <3 I learned that the hard way this last semester. But it's good that you're motivated. I've just seen some people by the end of their senior year just completely exhausted that they don't do well. They just completely crash. There's some people who can make it, but others just can't seem to sad.gif And if you can't make straight A's it's alright tongue.gif As long as it's not like... straight C's biggrin.gif

Either my brother talks to you mre than I know, or you're a stalker ninja.gif

Seriously though, my teachers always preach about not procrasinating (And I mean PREACH, they sound like those annoying anchors on the news who NEVER shut up.) yet they forgot or procrastinated entirely on these projects. The last two weeks of school are meant for final studying, not project doing AND final studying. Ah well.

I live for the hope of the approaching summer at the moment whistling.gif

P.S: I know I'm already getting 3 B's (Chem 86, English 84, Math 81), but I don't want any more.

Edited by Aetas, 31 May 2008 - 09:44 PM.

#13 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Ask him about Devil Woman and who she is and you might get a chuckle out of him.

#14 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ May 31 2008, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ask him about Devil Woman and who she is and you might get a chuckle out of him.

My...brother? I'll ask him and post the conversation:
H) Whats up?
A)Who's devil woman?
A)blink.gif
H)oh.
H)tetiel.
H)lol
A)I ... see
H)yeah..
H)shes a psychology major or something
A)oooooooooh fancay!
H)and turk calls that one psychiatrist a devil woman