• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

First a story.
Decided to try and update to SP1. Turns out that the update broke mah laptop. Yes, the install hung at a certain point and I had to restore. I am upgrading to XP this week.

Second. This happened before, and is still happening after the failed update. Firefox wont work a lot? Many times I go to sites, like facebook or anything and it says "Server not Found" After I refresh a few times, its there. Thats problem one. Next, is after im on the internet for a while, my firefox just completely DIES. I cant connect to any site period, even if i refresh. The only way to fix that is to restart.

Ive flushed the DNS or whatever...nothings helping. Give me some ideas. smile.gif

#2 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3759 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Reinstall your network drivers.

#3 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Evan @ Jun 2 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First a story.
Decided to try and update to SP1. Turns out that the update broke mah laptop. Yes, the install hung at a certain point and I had to restore. I am upgrading to XP this week.

Second. This happened before, and is still happening after the failed update. Firefox wont work a lot? Many times I go to sites, like facebook or anything and it says "Server not Found" After I refresh a few times, its there. Thats problem one. Next, is after im on the internet for a while, my firefox just completely DIES. I cant connect to any site period, even if i refresh. The only way to fix that is to restart.

Ive flushed the DNS or whatever...nothings helping. Give me some ideas. smile.gif

Thank goodness for that i thorght i was the only one with that problem, im on vista too.

When i use the interent for a specific amount of time the connection cuts off completly, i think this is due some connection timeout in which i have also to restart to get back on the internet...

I like how you say "upgrade" to XP smile1.gif

#4 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

Very strange lol, I dont know why so many people are having such strange problems. I and so many others in the overclocking community love and support Vista/SP1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users