Photo

A little something

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

My friend Ben and I got bored during ROTC one day... and seeing as how we are the two best spinners in rotc ( and the school, for that) we decided to take a video of something.

note: The rifles are 9.5 lbs. And I'm on the right side.

Edited by Frank274, 13 October 2008 - 07:14 PM.

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

Not working for me

Nevermind Opera is being a fail

#3 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

That's some cool shit right there. tongue.gif

#4 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

That looks awesome biggrin.gif It looks so much better when you're in sync though. If you can work on syncing the bits where you're slightly off, it'll look a whole lot better tongue.gif

#5 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

That's pretty crazy tongue.gif No way I'd ever be able to do that haha
Like Sida said though the parts where you were in sync were the best tongue.gif

#6 philywilly

philywilly
  • 1656 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

Aah.. sick! The only things I could spin are drum sticks around my fingas (none of that fake spin, either.. the real shit)

#7 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

Video doesn't work. I'll upload some of my videos later possible. I'm sure you can't top me. wink.gif

I hope you are the kid in the brown. The kid in the blue is horrible. Tell that b to stand still. You can't spin worth shit if your body is moving with the rifle.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

The ROTC dude at my school is better tongue.gif
he can like lay down and stand back up and do it behind his back without dropping it its all gangster tongue.gif

#9 LFC4Lyf

LFC4Lyf
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:09 PM

I find it incredible they let you play with guns.

#10 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (LFC4Lyf @ Oct 14 2008, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it incredible they let you play with guns.

They are plastic.

#11 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Cory @ Oct 14 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are plastic.

They are real M-1 Springfields, well, sorta.

Ours are cement filled, and they aren't plastic. I'll take another video and show you all tongue.gif

I'm a little sad the sound didn't play with it... you could get the slaps and shit and it sounded cool.

and yes, I know, we are out of sync. It's something we pulled outta our asses, and it's not perfect, but we weren't trying to be. I'll get another one were we are in uniform and it looks a lot better. smile.gif

#12 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Frank274 @ Oct 14 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ours are cement filled, and they aren't plastic. I'll take another video and show you all tongue.gif

I'm a little sad the sound didn't play with it... you could get the slaps and shit and it sounded cool.

and yes, I know, we are out of sync. It's something we pulled outta our asses, and it's not perfect, but we weren't trying to be. I'll get another one were we are in uniform and it looks a lot better. smile.gif

Yeah those are impressive, looks cool nonetheless tongue.gif

#13 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Frank274 @ Oct 14 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sound did work.

#14 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Josh @ Oct 14 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised no one has ever seen anything like this o_0 I take it you both are on the armed drill team? Our armed team last year kicked ass at the California Titan competition, 1st or 2nd place I believe. We had an awesome set of creative people. For the freestyle our best spinner made a helicopter impression (which of course involved spinning REALLY fast) and it was amazing.

We are working on it. We are trying new shit everyday. I almost broke my wrist last week when I missed the rifle. We have a comp in December, and so we are trying to get a tandum drill going for us two.

and yes, we are on the drill team. I'm co-cap and he is captain.

#15 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

The rifles you use where out of style two years before I graduated ( in '06 ). Tell your SI to purchase the new ones. They weight a bit more but look a lot better which is good for any drill meets which require you to undergo inspection before your routine.

I was Armed Drill team XO my junior year, Co my senior year and ended up passing it on when I was promoted to CO of the unit mid way through my senior year. We ended up placing first in Area 8 for drill, and overall, for my senior year.

#16 EggyMaster

EggyMaster
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user.

• 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

hahaha thats awesome. this is the kind of shit youtube was made for. I once saw pros doing that with the bayonettes attached, now that was bad ass

#17 lock

lock
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

That's pretty slick! I could never spin something that's like 4lbs, much less 9.5, lol.
I've seen the National Cadet Corps people in my school do it before en masse, and the effect is awesome when everyone's in sync @ _ @

#18 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Cory @ Oct 14 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rifles you use where out of style two years before I graduated ( in '06 ). Tell your SI to purchase the new ones. They weight a bit more but look a lot better which is good for any drill meets which require you to undergo inspection before your routine.

I was Armed Drill team XO my junior year, Co my senior year and ended up passing it on when I was promoted to CO of the unit mid way through my senior year. We ended up placing first in Area 8 for drill, and overall, for my senior year.

Actually, they are the ones we are supposed to use. Area 9 (which I am) is all Navy units, and I know that Air Force and Army JROTC's use different rifles. So that could be it lol

Our rifles are fairly new, we got ours in 2005.

And since you added that... I'm captain of color guard, and we beat the team that won nationals (for color guard, not as a whole). We didn't get to go (money) but I can say that I easily could have the number 1 navy color guard in the country smile.gif

#19 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

Dude.
The nerds in my highschool ROTC were nuts at that.

But in the REAL Military nothing beats the US ARMY Drill Squad.

QUOTE (Cory @ Oct 14 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a nerd.
HAHA.

I was a E-4 in the real life military.
So beat that mister CO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users