Apartment issues

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

Right, so some of you know I'm now living in an apartment in Toronto now with three other people. Normally I'm happy with the situation, but I've been rather upset at the building recently. To others who have had to live in an apartment before I want to know if this is common and if I have a right to be pretty irritated or not.

I've been living here since early October and they've shut the water off all day on average of twice a month. That means no toilet flushing, no shower, no dishes, no laundry, no drinking, and limited food. I'm taking the role of housewife for my fiance and I can hardly make anything for lunch or dinner without water. sad.gif Not to mention I can't get much of my other chores done. On top of that we've been having a problem with the electricity and fire alarm. The first time it happened was in the middle of december where it's extremely cold so no heat is a problem. The power was shut off for half a day so I was absolutely freezing and there was no way to cook anything. At least we had water :x Oh yeah, and all other buildings around us had power smile.gif

The next night at 2 am the fire alarm went off and being on the top floor and sound asleep it's not a pleasant sound. Fortunately, just before we started down the stairs, the building manager went on the PA and announced there wasn't any fire and it was a false alarm. Now, this morning it happened again so I'm up bright and early and unable to get back to sleep... and of course there's no water leading me to bitch and moan.

Otherwise, it's a great apartment. On clear days you have a view of the tower and there's a pool and exercize room, but this is starting to drive me a little crazy. I can understand fixing the pipes and all, but this is excessive when we normally don't have any water problems

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

Talk to whoever's in charge? Or contact local authorites?

#3 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

You have a right to withhold rent if you're not being provided with services.

#4 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

Atleast you don't have litte fucking people screwing inside your walls like i did

#5 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

Do they give you any explanation as to why all that stuff is getting shut off?

#6 warley30

warley30
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

move or come to the states and go on wellfair and get a free house

#7 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

lolwut

#8 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (sonic @ Jan 8 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Atleast you don't have litte fucking people screwing inside your walls like i did

This sounds promising, is there a ridiculous story that goes along with this?

#9 The Dirty Filipino

The Dirty Filipino
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (S13 @ Jan 8 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds promising, is there a ridiculous story that goes along with this?

He got really high and I told him there were fairies fucking in the wall.

We now know that Tetiel lives in a 4 person apartment on the 22nd floor in Toronto. I say we go visit her.

Anyways, I say your apartment is shit. I've had the alarms go off here a couple times (you really can't avoid it what with the tons of people that live here), but never a problem with water or power.

#10 erotic poptart

erotic poptart
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

wow I wouldn't put up with anything your having to deal with you must have a lot of patience

#11 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

I don't know how you've stood it for so long. A month or so after I move into this place the power was down for around 12 hours ( in the evening ) the next morning I was down at the property managers house raising hell. Bitches haven't done that shit since. >:{

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users