Do you believe in god?

• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic

#701 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I thought it was a topic about demonstrating that this person was a moron O_o

well in typing anything that isn't complete nonesense as he's typing, you will achieve this as well :)

#702 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

NO IT'S STILL A THEORY

It's a theory just like all of you guys are morons is a theory =)

#703 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

NO IT'S STILL A THEORY

Luckily, they're not mutually exclusive.
You'll be pleased to know that you are, in fact, both ^_^

But it's been written down so it must be true...

I believe that to be a fact.

#704 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

That's a hypothesis. One that I am happy to disprove.
*exists*
There you go ^_^

#705 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

*exists*
There you go ^_^

I'm done arguing with atheists I guess there's no point . . .

#706 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

*exists*
There you go ^_^

but your mere existance is a theory at best...prove to me that you exist! you could be diabolical creation by the programming team at neocodex sent out to prove people wrong and make christian kids seem like morons... Waser must have had a hand in this...

#707 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

At least half the people in this discussion are Christian.

Besides, I'm sure you'll be back. You haven't managed to leave the last four or five times.

#708 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

You didn't bother replying to my post on the last page *sadface*

#709 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

You didn't bother replying to my post on the last page *sadface*

Aw, don't take it personally. He needs more time with difficult questions. I still don't think he replied to mine asking if he had sexual urges, which is prohibited in Matthew 5:28.

#710 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

Aw, don't take it personally. He needs more time with difficult questions. I still don't think he replied to mine asking if he had sexual urges, which is prohibited in Matthew 5:28.

err . . . i thought i answered that O.O I dont have sexual urges and I cant even find your question jcr . . .

#711 tb20

tb20
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

I'm leaving guys

Sup I'm back-->am I doing it right?

#712 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

err . . . i thought i answered that O.O I dont have sexual urges and I cant even find your question jcr . . .

Here you go:

http://www.neocodex....ost__p__1314190

I specifically replied to your first reply before our discussion got hijacked :p

#713 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

I'm leaving guys

Sup I'm back-->am I doing it right?

this time I didn't say i was leaving I said I was done arguing . . .

#714 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

but if you don't have urges, how will you follow this command?

Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”

Genesis 1:22,28

#715 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

Here you go:

http://www.neocodex....ost__p__1314190

I specifically replied to your first reply before our discussion got hijacked :p

sorry err the link you gave me goes to a page where you never even posted anything . . . O.O

but if you don't have urges, how will you follow this command?

Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”

Genesis 1:22,28

Just because I do not have immoral sexual urges does not mean I don't like girls huge difference in the context of the bible I don't lust after girls. However, I do have a girlfriend and we plan on getting married. The bible wants people to be fruitful and multiply within the confines of marriage =).

#716 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

this time I didn't say i was leaving I said I was done arguing . . .

Don't argue. If he says you were leaving, you were leaving.

#717 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

It's post #722.... don't know why the direct link isn't working O_o

#718 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Don't argue. If he says you were leaving, you were leaving.

I have rights )=

Edited by pathentic, 18 July 2010 - 06:28 PM.

#719 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Just because I do not have immoral sexual urges does not mean I don't like girls huge difference in the context of the bible I don't lust after girls. However, I do have a girlfriend and we plan on getting married. The bible wants people to be fruitful and multiply within the confines of marriage =).

Wow, you're going to have a fantastic wedding night.

#720 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

An elegant shifting of the goalposts there.
Not having sexual urges, and not having immoral sexual urges aren't the same thing ;)

Make up your mind.

#721 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Wow, you're going to have a fantastic wedding night.

I love your sarcasm (=

#722 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

That is so uncalled for... Oh. You said morons. Whew. For a second I thought you called everyone MORMONS. Which is way worse.

. . .

SPAM! *points an accusing finger*

#723 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

wait you plan on getting married? didn't you say you were 18? thinking way ahead now are you?

#724 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

An elegant shifting of the goalposts there.
Not having sexual urges, and not having immoral sexual urges aren't the same thing ;)

Make up your mind.

You guys are trying to trap me in a paradox the bible allows sex within the confines of marriage it doesn't want people to be lustful of women but if we are we are still allowed to ask for forgiveness

It's post #722.... don't know why the direct link isn't working O_o

Oh yeh was this your question:
1. I read the Bible as a believer. It's most of what turned me into an unbeliever, really.
2. This sounds very similar to a theory of alien intervention I've read before.

Too lazy to catch up on the rest of the argument, so I'll just expand on the response that was pointed directly at me.

I read the Bible as an irrational believer. After reading and being told that it has basis in the rational, I began reading as a rational believer. The more I read while attempting to be rational, the less made sense.... and this is allowing for embellishments to details to allow for strengthening of the points made in the parables. So you were wrong. This is not an unbeliever trying to disprove the Bible. This is a disbeliever CREATED by the Bible and people like you that say there is a rational basis to the Bible. YES there are facts that parallel to actual events... and believers will always use those as proof of the Bible's truthfulness, but I counter that it just adds to its truthiness.

It was on the page before it =) cept I don't know what youre trying to ask me . . . O.O

#725 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

You guys are trying to trap me in a paradox the bible allows sex within the confines of marriage it doesn't want people to be lustful of women but if we are we are still allowed to ask for forgiveness

Hey, the Bible created the paradox. It was the one who was all like: "HEY, NO BAD THOUGHTS AT ALL" and then turned around and went "NO WAIT SCREW LIKE CRAZY ONCE YOU'RE MARRIED but only to make babies, k?".

Also, women can have lustful thoughts too. Just a heads up.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users