Do you believe in god?

• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic

#726 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

You guys are trying to trap me in a paradox the bible allows sex within the confines of marriage it doesn't want people to be lustful of women but if we are we are still allowed to ask for forgiveness

So all's well as long as you ask forgiveness?

Like raping children?

#727 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

wait you plan on getting married? didn't you say you were 18? thinking way ahead now are you?

Actually next month would be my wedding =)

#728 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Like raping children?

wait prayer makes that go away :o! maybe there's still hope for me after all :shifty:

#729 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Like raping children?

As long as you proclaim god as your saviour and change your lifestyle for one that promotes Christian ideals and attempt to stop sinning and ask for forgiveness for your sins God will forgive you.

#730 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

As long as you proclaim god as your saviour and change your lifestyle for one that promotes Christian ideals and attempt to stop sinning and ask for forgiveness for your sins God will forgive you.

And if God forgives you, that makes what you did ok, right?

#731 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

Maybe thats the reason there's so many believers anyhow, sounds like a good deal to me. Easy to "get away" with alot of stuff then. Isn't god forgiving anyone that seeks for forgiveness?

Edited by Milady, 18 July 2010 - 06:34 PM.

#732 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

There's a part you don't understand tho by saying it like that you're thinking god will forgive you of anything just because you prayed for it. No if you become a Christian you must live a Christian lifestyle attempting to sin less obviously no one's perfect so a lie or some other sins would be forgiven. However, if you rape lie cheat and steal on a 24/7 basis if you don't change your ways God isn't going to forgive you. You have to change your ways and live a christian lifestyle if you want forgiveness. Also you must proclaim him as your saviour to be saved and get into heaven.

Maybe thats the reason there's so many believers anyhow, sounds like a good deal to me. Easy to "get away" with alot of stuff then. Isn't god forgiving anyone that seeks for forgiveness?

read the post below =)

#733 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

There's a part you don't understand tho by saying it like that you're thinking god will forgive you of anything just because you prayed for it. No if you become a Christian you must live a Christian lifestyle attempting to sin less obviously no one's perfect so a lie or some other sins would be forgiven. However, if you rape lie cheat and steal on a 24/7 basis if you don't change your ways God isn't going to forgive you. You have to change your ways and live a christian lifestyle if you want forgiveness. Also you must proclaim him as your saviour to be saved and get into heaven.

So is there a grace period? Like, I have to live like a good Christian for ten years for rape, but only ten days for some light pilfering?

#734 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

So is there a grace period? Like, I have to live like a good Christian for ten years for rape, but only ten days for some light pilfering?

There is no such thing as a grace period. God just wants you to communicate with him (prayer worship bible) and to live a good lifestyle that isn't sinful if you proclaim he is your saviour he will save you. If you reject him and sin continuously you are not saved.

#735 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

There is no such thing as a grace period. God just wants you to communicate with him (prayer worship bible) and to live a good lifestyle that isn't sinful if you proclaim he is your saviour he will save you. If you reject him and sin continuously you are not saved.

So, I can sin my entire 80-year life, full of rape, murder and various debauchery, but if I genuinely accept God into my heart just before I die, I'm golden?

#736 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

No. It means he doesn't blame you for being a fuckup. :)

#737 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

No. It means he doesn't blame you for being a fuckup. :)

Quite right, he should blame himself. The buck stops with the all-powerful creator deity.

#738 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

So, I can sin my entire 80-year life, full of rape, murder and various debauchery, but if I genuinely accept God into my heart just before I die, I'm golden?

Basically. Just like how the priests who molest children can get the 'Last Rites' read to them before they die and they're fine. :p

#739 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

If you planned on doing that and you knew about God throughout your life and people continuously preached to you about god but you rejected them and did all those sinful things and you have no genuine remorse but proclaim god as your saviour just because you think you'll go to heaven I don't think you will be saved. God knows what's in your heart he knows your actions. However, if you never knew about god until the end of your life and accept God and have genuine remorse for the sins you've committed I believe God will forgive you. I however, am not a judge of what will happen that is just my belief that if you're trying to manipulate god just so you can get into heaven you will not be saved.

#740 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

No. The choice cant be made on your death bed :|. That would be cheating.

#741 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

If you planned on doing that and you knew about God throughout your life and people continuously preached to you about god but you rejected them and did all those sinful things and you have no genuine remorse but proclaim god as your saviour just because you think you'll go to heaven I don't think you will be saved. God knows what's in your heart he knows your actions. However, if you never knew about god until the end of your life and accept God and have genuine remorse for the sins you've committed I believe God will forgive you. I however, am not a judge of what will happen that is just my belief that if you're trying to manipulate god just so you can get into heaven you will not be saved.

You just made that up. It doesn't say that anywhere in the bible.

You're not a true christian. But congratulations on having a flicker of independant moral fibre.

#742 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

No. The choice cant be made on your death bed :|. That would be cheating.

but this is neocodex, we're all cheaters here :) sounds like a great plan to me :)

#743 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

You're not a true christian. But congratulations on having a flicker of independant moral fibre.

You're forgetting the main advantage of the bible, you can interpret it however you want and still claim that it's the truth. :D

#744 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Actually I did not make that up . . . this is the belief of many in my church God knows your actions and is the judge of your life in the end. Do you honestly think you can manipulate him? I don't believe you've ever read the bible don't say things you have no knowledge about.

#745 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

Actually I did not make that up . . . this is the belief of many in my church God knows your actions and is the judge of your life in the end. Do you honestly think you can manipulate him? I don't believe you've ever read the bible don't say things you have no knowledge about.

Quote me passage and verse where it says that you can't go to heaven if god thinks you're playing tricksies.

#746 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

Oh he definitely has... and so have I.

If there is found in your midst, in any of your towns, which the LORD your God is giving you, a man or a woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, by transgressing His covenant,

and has gone and (B)served other gods and worshiped them, ©or the sun or the moon or any of the heavenly host, (D)which I have not commanded,

and if it is told you and you have heard of it, then you shall inquire thoroughly. Behold, if it is true and the thing certain that this detestable thing has been done in Israel,

then you shall bring out that man or that woman who has done this evil deed to your gates, that is, the man or the woman, and (E)you shall stone them to death.

(Deuteronomy 17:2)

So according to this, you should be stoning every Muslim man or woman you see because he/she is serving another god/worshipping them (in this case Allah)? I can find more for you if you want that, which condone rape and slavery. You probably didn't go over these at Sunday school did you?

#747 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Quote me passage and verse where it says that you can't go to heaven if god thinks you're playing tricksies.

I can not quote a passage and verse but realize throughout the bible it says god knows your thoughts and actions

Psalm 139 1-4

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

So wouldn't it be obvious that god would know whether you are being genuine or not?

#748 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

So according to this, you should be stoning every Muslim man or woman you see because he/she is serving another god/worshipping them (in this case Allah)? I can find more for you if you want that, which condone rap and slavery. You probably didn't go over these at Sunday school did you?

I find it difficult to believe that any God would condone rap... :p

I can not quote a passage and verse but realize throughout the bible it says god knows your thoughts and actions

Psalm 139 1-4

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

So wouldn't it be obvious that god would know whether you are being genuine or not?

So he doesn't say that you won't go to heaven for playing tricksies? Yay.

#749 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Psalm 139 1-4

You said I'd be denied access into heaven if I accepted god, genuinely, just before death, after a sinful life.
Passage and verse, or retract your lies ^^

#750 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

I find it difficult to believe that any God would condone rap... :p

That is quite funny, but I changed my post already. :p

You said I'd be denied access into heaven if I accepted god, genuinely, just before death, after a sinful life.
Passage and verse, or retract your lies ^^

You see, the Bible is just a "guideline", not a rule book! :p I guess that means that nothing can be taken seriously in there then.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users