Photo

Do you believe in god?

• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic

#951 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

im not going to re-quote the long list cuz it'll waste space, but let me simple ask you this. remake the list and show me god's explanation for each one WITH evidence from your beloved book so we can compare logical explanations against yours

I shouldn't have come back to this thread. Boy it's hilarious how you guys are butthurt that your precious little science is wrong haha. We weren't talking about the bible right now and how it may be wrong which it isn't no we were talking about that science can't explain everything and how it hasn't explained everything and how it probably can't explain everything which is a more likely probability than the bible being wrong. I'm done arguing in this thread if someone wants a more logical debate in which science worshippers and athiests don't get butthurt when they know the christian is right come to christian apologetics research ministry organization (google it) for now I'm not even going to bother looking in this thread since you guys will make a lame excuse to try and prove me wrong like trying to skew the difference between can't and hasn't when can't = hasn't explained it anyways . . . I'd prefer a 1 vs 1 conversation without extra morons that don't know what their talking about like cellophane.

Edited by pathentic, 25 July 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#952 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

We weren't talking about the bible right now

Thread title:

Do you believe in god?

I believe talking about the Bible may, indeed, have been relevant, actually. But thanks for the hilarious flounce. I see you are trying to get the most out of your "donation" (hint: donations aren't discounted!) to the "schools" on how to "Learn the Christian faith and how to defend it".

#953 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

okay, unlike you pathentic, i can actually do what i say and i'm seriously tired of this ridiculous topic..WE all know we're right... WE all know you're an insane person who blindly believes everything religion throws at him and blindly ignores everything science has to say... YOU keep saying you're leaving and come back again... I'M done with this :) taking this topic off my watched list, i'll come back and check on it every now and then but i'm seriously feeding you you troll, there's much better threads to spend my time on. it was a pleasure assisting you all in making this user look like a moron, you will find me everywhere else except here. goodnight and good luck with him...

ps. Neopedi2 you're crazy too

#954 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thread title:

Do you believe in god?

I believe talking about the Bible may, indeed, have been relevant, actually. But thanks for the hilarious flounce. I see you are trying to get the most out of your "donation" (hint: donations aren't discounted!) to the "schools" on how to "Learn the Christian faith and how to defend it".

errm see this is why you're a moron me and sweeney were talking about how science can't explain everything not the bible can't explain everything see huge difference and if you graduated high school you would know the difference. ;)Anyways if you want to debate with me instead of being a moron who can't contribute to thread but picks out every little word I say come to carm.org and pm me.

okay, unlike you pathentic, i can actually do what i say and i'm seriously tired of this ridiculous topic..WE all know we're right... WE all know you're an insane person who blindly believes everything religion throws at him and blindly ignores everything science has to say... YOU keep saying you're leaving and come back again... I'M done with this :) taking this topic off my watched list, i'll come back and check on it every now and then but i'm seriously feeding you you troll, there's much better threads to spend my time on. it was a pleasure assisting you all in making this user look like a moron, you will find me everywhere else except here. goodnight and good luck with him...

ps. Neopedi2 you're crazy too

I think you're just afraid if you debated with me at carm.org you'll just be proven wrong ;). Anyways see you later pm me your username on carm if you want a sensible debate instead of spewing out biased opinions denouncing Christianity as just stories in a book when you yourself called yourself Catholic and calling me a troll

#955 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

I've been to CARM before.
If you post a dissenting opinion you get banned.
There's no discussion there.

However, since you've come in here after I post a comprehensive rebuttal to your last clusterfuck of a post, and simply claimed that I'm "butthurt because I'm wrong", I think everyone that reads the thread can already see what an imbecile you are.

If you want to talk science, know your shit, or I'll rip you apart. Which kind of puts you in an awkward position, because if you knew your shit, you wouldn't post the crap you do.

#956 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

I suspect it'll be needed. He keeps promising to leave but he won't.

errm see this is why you're a moron me and sweeney were talking about how science can't explain everything not the bible can't explain everything see huge difference and if you graduated high school you would know the difference. ;)Anyways if you want to debate with me instead of being a moron who can't contribute to thread but picks out every little word I say come to carm.org and pm me.

Aw, what a cute, if very cliché, attack! Sadly, I'm a postgrad student. Even sadder and less surprising, you're the moron - I was simply calling you out for your rampant hypocrisy in terms of demands for evidence.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'd rather not join your fruity little brainwashing club. Maybe you could ask the schools there to teach you how to express yourself less offensively and more concisely? Right now, reading your posts is like reading the paperwork for the Redundancy Department of Redundancy.

#957 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

I shouldn't have come back to this thread. Boy it's hilarious how you guys are butthurt that your precious little science is wrong haha. We weren't talking about the bible right now and how it may be wrong which it isn't no we were talking about that science can't explain everything and how it hasn't explained everything and how it probably can't explain everything which is a more likely probability than the bible being wrong. I'm done arguing in this thread if someone wants a more logical debate in which science worshippers and athiests don't get butthurt when they know the christian is right come to christian apologetics research ministry organization (google it) for now I'm not even going to bother looking in this thread since you guys will make a lame excuse to try and prove me wrong like trying to skew the difference between can't and hasn't when can't = hasn't explained it anyways . . . I'd prefer a 1 vs 1 conversation without extra morons that don't know what their talking about like cellophane.

If science could explain every little thing in the world then we wouldn't be having this conversation, let alone this thread. However if we consult social sciences it would clearly explain why you are so ignorant. Next time you turn on your computer know that its SCIENCE that turns it on, not god, next time you go to a doctor and get treated for an affliction be reminded that its SCIENCE curing you. Next time you turn on a light at the flick of a switch, try to explain why with god, and the bible. I just visited CARM and read one of the reads concerning astronomy, even those people didn't use the Bible to justify anything. It's only you

#958 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh funny thread! hehehehehehehehehe

The discussion should be moved to a thread regarding the American education system. :funone:

#959 xBlack420

xBlack420
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:43 AM

I do not believe in god..
I don't understand everything about the universe but i'm not going to point to some "creator" for the answers :)

#960 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh funny thread! hehehehehehehehehe

The discussion should be moved to a thread regarding the American education system. :funone:

Haha yes indeed, especially concerning "intelligent design"

#961 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

lol no, science is the way for me (:

#962 DrGo

DrGo
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

I believe in God

#963 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

I believe in God

Why?

#964 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Why?

Because he wanted to double his post count

#965 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

Because he wanted to double his post count

That's probably the best reason I've heard in the whole thread.

#966 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

yea dont talk science..I heard Sweeney ripped open a wormhole and entered through the space time continuum and came to this land...I think he may have or may not have used a DeLorean...beware.

#967 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

when people speak to God, it is called a prayer.
When God talks to people, it's called schizophrenia.

Just a random joke at work :D
Yes, I work in a Psychiatric Unit. Haha

#968 Svetlana

Svetlana
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:22 AM

I believe that God exists.But it's difficult to say about my true belief in him. I believe that fate or how can I describe that invincible force and of course the person himself controls the life..

#969 Gagoso

Gagoso
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

hi, im new here. Yes i do. but not in church that im think

#970 Svetlana

Svetlana
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

hi, im new here. Yes i do. but not in church that im think

Not in church?What do you mean? >.>

#971 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:35 PM

I used to up until high school. Then I got rebellious and never went back.

#972 Neeylon

Neeylon
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:36 PM

No.

#973 TigerWoods

TigerWoods
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

I do.

this western culture is starting to grow more lenient to secularism and waking up from Christianity I've observed. However, those who go from religious indoctrination to atheism usually never explore everything and assume the rest of the religions in this world are organized by liars and don't bother considering and looking into things. Sorry if I ever sound condescending just sharing my views :)

I skimmed through a few pages and realized most people aren't comparative religious scholars and just dont care to look for it and expect it to come to them. Here's a few things that made me change my mind and come to my conclusions (take note I'm only providing these things because many claim it is illogical to believe in a God). Your choice to read :) ( I understand that many individuals have grouped all "holy books" under the same label, take the Quran and construe it under a negative light, so again, solely your decision to read or skip my post)

Does Man think that he will be left uncontrolled, (without purpose)? (36) Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)? (37) Then did he become a clinging clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion. (38) And of him He made two sexes, male and female. (39) Has not He, (the same) the power to give life to the dead? (40) [Quran 75: 36]

He has created the heavens and the earth for just ends: far is He above having the partners they ascribe to Him! (3) He has created man from a sperm― drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (4) [Quran 16:3-4]

O mankind! if ye are in doubt concerning the Resurrection, then lo! We have created you from dust, then from a drop of seed, then from a clot, then from a little lump of flesh shapely and shapeless, that We may make (it) clear for you. And We cause what We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed time, and afterward We bring you forth as infants, then (give you growth) that ye attain your full strength. And among you there is he who dieth (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the most abject time of life, so that, after knowledge, he knoweth naught. And thou (Muhammad) seest the earth barren, but when We send down water thereon, it doth thrill and swell and put forth every lovely kind (of growth). (5) That is because Allah, He is the Truth and Lo! He quickeneth the dead, and Lo! He is Able to do all things; [22:5]

Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; (12) Then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; (13) Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators! (14) Then lo! after that ye surely die. (15) Then lo! on the Day of Resurrection ye are raised (again). (16) And We have created above you seven paths, and We are never unmindful of creation.[Quran 23:12]

Therewith He causeth crops to grow for you, and the olive and the date-palm and grapes and all kinds of fruit. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect. (11) And He hath constrained the night and the day and the sun and the moon to be of service unto you, and the stars are made subservient by His command. Lo! herein indeed are portents for people who have sense. (12) And whatsoever He hath created for you in the earth of divers hues, lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who take heed. [Quran 16: 11-13]

Have they not observed all things that Allah hath created, how their shadows incline to the right and to the left, making prostration unto Allah, and they are lowly? (48) [Quran 16:48]

And lo! in the cattle there is a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies, from betwixt the refuse and the blood, pure milk palatable to the drinkers. (66) And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment. Lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who have sense. (67) And thy Lord inspired the bee, saying: Choose thou habitations in the hills and in the trees and in that which they thatch; (68) Then eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of thy Lord, made smooth (for thee). There cometh forth from their bellies a drink divers of hues, wherein is healing for mankind. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect. [Quran 16: 66-68]

He has let loose the two seas, converging together, with a barrier between them they do not break through. (Qur'an, 55:19-20)

Did We not create you from a base fluid, then place it in a secure repository for a recognized term? It is We Who determine. What an excellent Determiner! (Surat al-Mursalat, 20-23)

We created man from the purest kind of clay; then made him a drop in a secure receptacle; then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators! (Surat al-Muminun, 12-14)

He is the Knower of the Unseen, Whom not even the weight of the smallest particle eludes, either in the heavens or in the earth; nor is there anything smaller or larger than that which is not in a Clear Book. (Qur'an, 34:3)

And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it. (Qur'an, 51:47)

since we all like to talk about coincidence, coincidence much that millions of people recite things things daily? coincidence much that the historians and word of hearsay tell us that this came out of a man who was illiterate and lived in the desert 1400 years ago? reason and logic...use it

that's my view anyways, yes I'm a Muslim (One who submits to the creator) and my religion is Islam (Submission to the Creator).
Peace

#974 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

I do.

this western culture is starting to grow more lenient to secularism and waking up from Christianity I've observed. However, those who go from religious indoctrination to atheism usually never explore everything and assume the rest of the religions in this world are organized by liars and don't bother considering and looking into things. Sorry if I ever sound condescending just sharing my views :)

I skimmed through a few pages and realized most people aren't comparative religious scholars and just dont care to look for it and expect it to come to them. Here's a few things that made me change my mind and come to my conclusions (take note I'm only providing these things because many claim it is illogical to believe in a God). Your choice to read :) ( I understand that many individuals have grouped all "holy books" under the same label, take the Quran and construe it under a negative light, so again, solely your decision to read or skip my post)

Does Man think that he will be left uncontrolled, (without purpose)? (36) Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)? (37) Then did he become a clinging clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion. (38) And of him He made two sexes, male and female. (39) Has not He, (the same) the power to give life to the dead? (40) [Quran 75: 36]

He has created the heavens and the earth for just ends: far is He above having the partners they ascribe to Him! (3) He has created man from a sperm― drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (4) [Quran 16:3-4]

O mankind! if ye are in doubt concerning the Resurrection, then lo! We have created you from dust, then from a drop of seed, then from a clot, then from a little lump of flesh shapely and shapeless, that We may make (it) clear for you. And We cause what We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed time, and afterward We bring you forth as infants, then (give you growth) that ye attain your full strength. And among you there is he who dieth (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the most abject time of life, so that, after knowledge, he knoweth naught. And thou (Muhammad) seest the earth barren, but when We send down water thereon, it doth thrill and swell and put forth every lovely kind (of growth). (5) That is because Allah, He is the Truth and Lo! He quickeneth the dead, and Lo! He is Able to do all things; [22:5]

Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; (12) Then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; (13) Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators! (14) Then lo! after that ye surely die. (15) Then lo! on the Day of Resurrection ye are raised (again). (16) And We have created above you seven paths, and We are never unmindful of creation.[Quran 23:12]

Therewith He causeth crops to grow for you, and the olive and the date-palm and grapes and all kinds of fruit. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect. (11) And He hath constrained the night and the day and the sun and the moon to be of service unto you, and the stars are made subservient by His command. Lo! herein indeed are portents for people who have sense. (12) And whatsoever He hath created for you in the earth of divers hues, lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who take heed. [Quran 16: 11-13]

Have they not observed all things that Allah hath created, how their shadows incline to the right and to the left, making prostration unto Allah, and they are lowly? (48) [Quran 16:48]
And lo! in the cattle there is a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies, from betwixt the refuse and the blood, pure milk palatable to the drinkers. (66) And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment. Lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who have sense. (67) And thy Lord inspired the bee, saying: Choose thou habitations in the hills and in the trees and in that which they thatch; (68) Then eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of thy Lord, made smooth (for thee). There cometh forth from their bellies a drink divers of hues, wherein is healing for mankind. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect. [Quran 16: 66-68]
He has let loose the two seas, converging together, with a barrier between them they do not break through. (Qur'an, 55:19-20)

Did We not create you from a base fluid, then place it in a secure repository for a recognized term? It is We Who determine. What an excellent Determiner! (Surat al-Mursalat, 20-23)

We created man from the purest kind of clay; then made him a drop in a secure receptacle; then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators! (Surat al-Muminun, 12-14)

He is the Knower of the Unseen, Whom not even the weight of the smallest particle eludes, either in the heavens or in the earth; nor is there anything smaller or larger than that which is not in a Clear Book. (Qur'an, 34:3)

And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it. (Qur'an, 51:47)

since we all like to talk about coincidence, coincidence much that millions of people recite things things daily? coincidence much that the historians and word of hearsay tell us that this came out of a man who was illiterate and lived in the desert 1400 years ago? reason and logic...use it

that's my view anyways, yes I'm a Muslim (One who submits to the creator) and my religion is Islam (Submission to the Creator).
Peace

Please post more . . . I'm not Muslim but I am Christian and I loved your post. You're like the only other person here that believes in a God. And you put together a better argument than I possibly could.

#975 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:02 AM

I don't believe in god.

I think that God is just a figure in which links people together and gives them hope.
It doesn't exist.

I believe in myself more.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users