• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic

#1226 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

Oh, c'mon. That is obviously :sarcasm:

Unless Christianity has descended into such a realm of stupid then...

-facepalm-

Christianity has delved far deeper into the realm of stupid than that quote could ever hope to convey...

#1227 stuuf

stuuf
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

I don't.

But one day I hope to be well-versed in all religions, so I don't seem like an uneducated dolt who opposes what I know nothing of, you know?

Not calling anyone a dolt btw, just saying that I need to know what I'm talking about to debate about it :p

#1228 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

Christianity has delved far deeper into the realm of stupid than that quote could ever hope to convey...

What is it that people say? The world will always build a better idiot? Anyway, you should check out Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian. She is played by the talented Deven Green. Here's another quote.

"Hark! Jesus has asked me to beseech all other humans to stop masturbating quite so much. He does, after all, have to watch. Yes, it was fun to be a celestial peeping tom the first million or so times. But by the billionth viewing, the voyeuristic titillation certainly began to wane, especially as the race started to let itself go. On a side note: If the knowledge you are being watched makes you want to diddle your wiener even more ardently or often, I deploy hearty rebukes in your general vicinity."

#1229 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

What is it that people say? The world will always build a better idiot? Anyway, you should check out Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian. She is played by the talented Deven Green. Here's another quote.

"Hark! Jesus has asked me to beseech all other humans to stop masturbating quite so much. He does, after all, have to watch. Yes, it was fun to be a celestial peeping tom the first million or so times. But by the billionth viewing, the voyeuristic titillation certainly began to wane, especially as the race started to let itself go. On a side note: If the knowledge you are being watched makes you want to diddle your wiener even more ardently or often, I deploy hearty rebukes in your general vicinity."

Ahh, never heard of her :p Explains a lot xD

If you've not seen them, try Mr Deity, or Edward Current. Equally skillful comedies.

#1230 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

No, no I don't believe in God.

And religion is man-made, and it subjugates women. Somehow, women don't see that.

#1231 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

That sounds pretty intense. I'd call the police, if I were you.

HAHA, that's a perfectly logical solution to that.

#1232 alexuyang2

alexuyang2
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

I don't know...there's no definitive proof for either...but I tend to lean towards no, since I was raised as an atheist...but I guess people will never give a certain yes or no..

#1233 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

For those who keep saying because there's no proof, Christians say there is something called Faith. Yet I have not found what this faith really is. Plus all the scientific research that proves evolution and the prehistoric era they say is just another way to deter those that are uncertain. I personally do not know, however for those who study science or have studied it can see how complicated and perfectly balanced humans are in terms of the immune system and mechanics. Also the universe the way its aligned like if the Earth was moved like 10 miles further there would be no life form. Things like that make me think there is a God but I just have not found my own perfect justification of his existence.

#1234 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

I personally do not know, however for those who study science or have studied it can see how complicated and perfectly balanced humans are in terms of the immune system and mechanics. Also the universe the way its aligned like if the Earth was moved like 10 miles further there would be no life form. Things like that make me think there is a God but I just have not found my own perfect justification of his existence.

Irrelevant.
You're making the fundamentally flawed assumption that humans are the desired outcome of the universe. Sure, it's an infinitessimal chance that we emerged... but another sequence of events over the same period that didn't lead to our emergence is equally improbable.

Imagine a deck of cards.
Now assume I dealt it out and every card was in suit order. You'd make the assumption that the deck was stacked, because the odds of that happening are so small.
But it's also true that every other sequence of cards has the same tiny chance of emerging. The only certainty is that there will be a sequence.

Therefore, the "it's too improbable" argument only works if you assume that humans are the preordained outcome. In other words, you have to accept a premise, and then use an argument based on that premise to prove the original assumption.
Circular arguments are, generally, not particularly compelling.

#1235 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

I wish I did... personally I'm an atheist but theists are far superior to most atheists- most religous people (with the exception of Jews IMO) aren't pretentious, stuck up smart-asses.

#1236 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

I wish I did... personally I'm an atheist but theists are far superior to most atheists- most religous people (with the exception of Jews IMO) aren't pretentious, stuck up smart-asses.

Ah, but the ones that are are catastrophically egotistical.

(Also, love the sprinkling of light racism).

#1237 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

So it's christians+muslims>jews>atheists?
Or are jews and atheists switched around in your bizarre ladder

#1238 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

All religious people are inherently racist and/or stuck up..It's been that way for thousands of years.

Christians hates Mormons hates Muslims hates Jews hates Hindus...

And it repeats like this for every damn religion...Of course there are individuals who don't, but I find that to be an anomaly within the religious organizations.

It seems only Buddhism is getting it right.

And no I am not a racist..I hate all ethnic groups the same.

#1239 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

So it's christians+muslims>jews>atheists?
Or are jews and atheists switched around in your bizarre ladder

Not exactly-
christians>muslims>jews>atheists
but not all christians are equal, and there are other religions. Here's my exact graph:

1. EASTERN ORTHODOXY
2. TENGRISM
3. SLAVIC TRADITIONAL RELIGION
4. ZOROASTRIANISM
5. ROMAN CATHOLICISM
6. PROTESTANTISM
7. BUDDHISM
8. SHINTO
9. SHIITE ISLAM
tie for 10. SUNNI ISLAM
tie for 10. MORMONISM
11. BAHAII
tie for 12. JUDAISM
tie for 12. THE VAST MAJORITY OF ATHEISTS
13. ALL OTHER RELIGIONS

In case you were wondering, I was raised E. Orthodox but am sorta atheist (i.e. I don't believe in a god)

Edited by Nunc, 30 December 2010 - 02:43 PM.

#1240 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Not exactly-
but not all christians are equal, and there are other religions. Here's my exact graph:

1. EASTERN ORTHODOXY
2. TENGRISM
4. ZOROASTRIANISM
5. ROMAN CATHOLICISM
6. PROTESTANTISM
7. BUDDHISM
8. SHINTO
9. SHIITE ISLAM
tie for 10. SUNNI ISLAM
tie for 10. MORMONISM
11. BAHAII
tie for 12. JUDAISM
13. ALL OTHER RELIGIONS

In case you were wondering, I was raised E. Orthodox but am sorta atheist (i.e. I don't believe in a god)

I don't have any words to describe how utterly inane that post is.

#1241 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Not exactly-

1. EASTERN ORTHODOXY
2. TENGRISM
4. ZOROASTRIANISM
5. ROMAN CATHOLICISM
6. PROTESTANTISM
7. BUDDHISM
8. SHINTO
9. SHIITE ISLAM
tie for 10. SUNNI ISLAM
tie for 10. MORMONISM
11. BAHAII
tie for 12. JUDAISM
13. ALL OTHER RELIGIONS

Is it inappropriate for my only post in this thread to be one where I call you an absolute fucking moron.

#1242 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

I don't have any words to describe how utterly inane that post is.

If that's what you think, ok. Sorry :/

Is it inappropriate for my only post in this thread to be one where I call you an absolute fucking moron.

I guess. What's your chart look like?

EDIT:
I forgot hinduism, hinduism is #9 if we're talking about India only, part of #13 everywhere else.

Edited by Nunc, 30 December 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#1243 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

How on earth can you justify a ranked list of... well, what, exactly? You never even said.
How can you say Sunni Islam and Mormonism are exactly the same?

How can you say that almost every theist ranks above atheists on some mystical scale?

To summarise; what the fuck are you talking about?

Spoiler

#1244 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

I guess. What's your chart look like?

I don't put religions into a hierarchy because they are all flawed in one way or another.
Also, because I am not a moron.

Ranking people based on their beliefs is ranking them based on their life choices.
You are clearly a close-minded racist, and probably also have some idiotic scale for ranking people based on their sexuality.

#1245 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

Not exactly-

1. EASTERN ORTHODOXY
2. TENGRISM
4. ZOROASTRIANISM
5. ROMAN CATHOLICISM
6. PROTESTANTISM
7. BUDDHISM
8. SHINTO
9. SHIITE ISLAM
tie for 10. SUNNI ISLAM
tie for 10. MORMONISM
11. BAHAII
tie for 12. JUDAISM
13. ALL OTHER RELIGIONS

What the.. fuck?
Is that just off the top of your head?

#1246 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

Spoiler

You just made my day.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 30 December 2010 - 02:56 PM.

#1247 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

How on earth can you justify a ranked list of... well, what, exactly? You never even said.
How can you say Sunni Islam and Mormonism are exactly the same?

How can you say that almost every theist ranks above atheists on some mystical scale?

To summarise; what the fuck are you talking about?

Spoiler

I asked myself, which religions should the majority of humans be? Like 90% or something, in a hypothetical universe. Do you want me to provide exact justification? It's mostly gut feeling, but I have rational explanations too.

What the.. fuck?
Is that just off the top of your head?

Yes... why?

Ranking people based on their beliefs is ranking them based on their life choices.
You are clearly a close-minded racist, and probably also have some idiotic scale for ranking people based on their sexuality.

I rank people all the time in my mental hierarchy. I use whatever criteria I want to judge them. I'm not a typical person, I realize that, but you must admit all christians are better than all muslims.

I don't put religions into a hierarchy because they are all flawed in one way or another.

Right....
Prove it xD

#1248 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

I rank people all the time in my mental hierarchy. I use whatever criteria I want to judge them. I'm not a typical person, I realize that, but you must admit all christians are better than all muslims.

I sure as fuck hope you're trolling.

#1249 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Not exactly-

1. EASTERN ORTHODOXY
2. TENGRISM
4. ZOROASTRIANISM
5. ROMAN CATHOLICISM
6. PROTESTANTISM
7. BUDDHISM
8. SHINTO
9. SHIITE ISLAM
tie for 10. SUNNI ISLAM
tie for 10. MORMONISM
11. BAHAII
tie for 12. JUDAISM
13. ALL OTHER RELIGIONS

You made this just in time to snag post of the year for 2010

Fuck, I am so happy I asked about your ranking

#1250 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

I asked myself, which religions should the majority of humans be? Like 90% or something, in a hypothetical universe. Do you want me to provide exact justification? It's mostly gut feeling, but I have rational explanations too.

Well, let's hear them then...
"I have rational explanations" is not a rational explanation ;)

Besides that, should be to achieve what? The highest level of global harmony?
Surely it doesn't matter, as long as they're all the same?

I find your list insulting, irrelevant and above all, fucking stupid ^_^

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users