Photo

Do you believe in god?

• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic

#651 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Err damn wrong source haha (=. Oh well there's no point in giving you guys the other source since you guys still wont believe me (=. Finally I'm done arguing actually if you think I'm wrong I'm wrong but true believers will know I am in the right the bible says that True Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs I guess I am being persecuted for my beliefs right now. If you guys wish to persecute me and believe I'm in the wrong do so (=.

Hey, I'm having deja vu. I could have sworn you said you were done with this half an hour ago. Is this another lie?

Also, cry more, emo kid.

#652 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Hey, I'm having deja vu. I could have sworn you said you were done with this half an hour ago. Is this another lie?

Also, cry more, emo kid.

Lol fuck you I'm not emo but I knew you would make assumptions without proof like I've seen that you are liable to do (=. And no it is not another lie it was a personal choice when I realized you idiots were going to continue to attack me but I realized I might as well give up since unbelievers like you are not going to accept the truth even when it's staring right in front of them. Anyways continue living your sinful life if you choose to.

#653 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

Yes, but I personally think the easterbunny is way cooler.

#654 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

Lol fuck you I'm not emo but I knew you would make assumptions without proof like I've seen that you are liable to do (=. And no it is not another lie it was a personal choice when I realized you idiots were going to continue to attack me but I realized I might as well give up since unbelievers like you are not going to accept the truth even when it's staring right in front of them. Anyways continue living your sinful life if you choose to.

Touchy, touchy. No one is attacking you, just your poorly considered beliefs.

Yes, but I personally think the easterbunny is way cooler.

I like you already. I hope you hold up :p

#655 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

And yet you're still here. I thought you gave up?

#656 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

And yet you're still here. I thought you gave up?

Nah i just gave up on that argument since unbelievers like you would criticize me =). However, I still have the freedom to be here =). Stop jumping to assumptions =).

#657 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

Nah i just gave up on that argument since unbelievers like you would criticize me =). However, I still have the freedom to be here =). Stop jumping to assumptions =).

Oh, but you're assuming that we'd criticise you. : ) Also, you're happily assuming we're all unbelievers. : ) The word is "athiest", by the way. : ) Stop jumping to assumptions. : )

Look, I can be passive agressive too. : )

#658 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

Oh, but you're assuming that we'd criticise you. : ) Also, you're happily assuming we're all unbelievers. : ) The word is "athiest", by the way. : ) Stop jumping to assumptions. : )

Look, I can be passive agressive too. : )

Well since your ideals are not of a Christian nature it can only be labeled as an unbeliever. And you have your word for it i have mine =).

#659 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Well since your ideals are not of a Christian nature it can only be labeled as an unbeliever. And you have your word for it i have mine =).

Actually, you're not a Christian. Because you don't match the ideals of Christianity I accept.
And mine are right, because I know they are, and I believe in them.

Do you accept this?
If not, where is the difference between this, and what you say?

#660 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

Actually, you're not a Christian. Because you don't match the ideals of Christianity I accept.
And mine are right, because I know they are, and I believe in them.

Do you accept this?
If not, where is the difference between this, and what you say?

But I'm getting my ideals from the bible you're getting your ideals from what you think is right not what the bible says it's right. All the difference in the world right there imo.

#661 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

But I'm getting my ideals from the bible you're getting your ideals from what you think is right not what the bible says it's right. All the difference in the world right there imo.

Let's reexamine the question, pretending that I'm actually a christian, who believes in God and the Bible.
Can you manage that simple thought experiment?

#662 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

So you're saying you blindly follow what the bible says rather than questioning the validity and morality of its content?

#663 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

Let's reexamine the question, pretending that I'm actually a christian, who believes in God and the Bible.
Can you manage that simple thought experiment?

Sorry there's no point if you aren't )=

So you're saying you blindly follow what the bible says rather than questioning the validity and morality of its content?

Yes because I have faith in God.

#664 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

I think we're getting somewhere now. And how does your having faith in God mean that you're definitely right and everybody else is wrong?

#665 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Sorry there's no point if you aren't )=

Yes, the point is to examine the comparative validity of your beliefs.
If they don't hold up to scrutiny, you must be wrong. If you're unwilling to hold them up to scrutiny, you're afraid they're wrong.

If you're afraid they're wrong, you're more interested in fake moral superiority than you are in the truth.
A condition not uncommon amongst the more evangelical evangelicals.

#666 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

Are you doing all these things the Bible says to do?

Don't plan for the future. (Matthew 6:34)
Don't save money. (Matthew 6:19-20)
Don't become wealthy. (Mark 10:21-25)
Sell everything and give it to the poor. (Luke 12:33)
Don't work to obtain food. (John 6:27)

Edit - what an appropriate post number.

Edited by Cellophane, 18 July 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#667 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yes, the point is to examine the comparative validity of your beliefs.
If they don't hold up to scrutiny, you must be wrong. If you're unwilling to hold them up to scrutiny, you're afraid they're wrong.

If you're afraid they're wrong, you're more interested in fake moral superiority than you are in the truth.
A condition not uncommon amongst the more evangelical evangelicals.

Are you an athiest? Since you basically just said that the bible is wrong to prove a point the bible is what Christians follow and I base my ideals off of it.

I think we're getting somewhere now. And how does your having faith in God mean that you're definitely right and everybody else is wrong?

It doesn't I never said it did I said if it goes against the bible then it is wrong.

#668 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Are you an athiest? Since you basically just said that the bible is wrong to prove a point the bible is what Christians follow and I base my ideals off of it.

Yes. Obviously.

However, we were attempting to engage in a thought experiment, which involves considering ideas that we do not hold to be true.
I can do that. Can you?

#669 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

Are you doing all these things the Bible says to do?

Don't plan for the future. (Matthew 6:34)
Don't save money. (Matthew 6:19-20)
Don't become wealthy. (Mark 10:21-25)
Sell everything and give it to the poor. (Luke 12:33)
Don't work to obtain food. (John 6:27)

Edit - what an appropriate post number.

Err . . . I wish I was at this point in my life so that I may do these things. However, as it is I'm just a struggling student who barely has enough money to provide for themselves let alone give money to the poor. But your last point is invalid the bible also says if any do not work, neither shall they eat. You took the last one out of context. That verse says do not work for the food that perishes but for the food that endures to eternal life so that point is invalid.

Yes. Obviously.

However, we were attempting to engage in a thought experiment, which involves considering ideas that we do not hold to be true.
I can do that. Can you?

Actually I can't because you don't understand that my ideals are from the bible something that an athiest would not understand =).

#670 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

considering ideas that we do not hold to be true.

You bitch at me every time I do that....

#671 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

Actually I can't because you don't understand that my ideals are from the bible something that an athiest would not understand =).

Didn't I just say that I can consider ideas that I do not accept?
I can understand the concept of you deriving your morality from a two-thousand year old book. It's difficult for me to understand why, but then, I don't think you understand why you do it, either.

#672 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

classic case of unbeliever's trying to disprove the bible. Theories are not facts they can still be disproved. I have examined the facts and they are not just rhetoric. I meant the beginning of civilization which in the bible it says fallen angels were on earth in Genesis 6:1-6:6 (sons of God) in my and other's views these angels gave us technology to do things we did not understand and without them we would not have advanced this far.

1. I read the Bible as a believer. It's most of what turned me into an unbeliever, really.
2. This sounds very similar to a theory of alien intervention I've read before.

Too lazy to catch up on the rest of the argument, so I'll just expand on the response that was pointed directly at me.

I read the Bible as an irrational believer. After reading and being told that it has basis in the rational, I began reading as a rational believer. The more I read while attempting to be rational, the less made sense.... and this is allowing for embellishments to details to allow for strengthening of the points made in the parables. So you were wrong. This is not an unbeliever trying to disprove the Bible. This is a disbeliever CREATED by the Bible and people like you that say there is a rational basis to the Bible. YES there are facts that parallel to actual events... and believers will always use those as proof of the Bible's truthfulness, but I counter that it just adds to its truthiness.

#673 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

It doesn't I never said it did I said if it goes against the bible then it is wrong.

That's the same as saying that your beliefs are fact and anybody else's which contradict yours are wrong.

I was definitely wrong when I thought we were getting anywhere with this. As with every other discussion regarding religion on this forum (and almost certainly every other discussion regarding religion which has ever taken place in history) it's near impossible to persuade somebody to question their beliefs when they're so embedded.

#674 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Err . . . I wish I was at this point in my life so that I may do these things. However, as it is I'm just a struggling student who barely has enough money to provide for themselves let alone give money to the poor. But your last point is invalid the bible also says if any do not work, neither shall they eat. You took the last one out of context. That verse says do not work for the food that perishes but for the food that endures to eternal life so that point is invalid.

I'm a student and I can save money and plan for the future. Oh, and I missed the fun one out:

Don't have sexual urges. (Matthew 5:28)

Not "don't have sex", but "don't have urges". You're telling me you can do that?

What was that about assumptions?

#675 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

no i dont... and pathentic don't call out people for judging you without meeting you, i believe you said to someone on the other thread that if you met them they'd be a retarded disabled person or something of the like

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users