Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] Obtaining, Preparing For, and Using mOBSCENE's / sLAUGHTER's Score Sender

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#301 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

Have you been sending it everyday?

Everyday, I start at 30 minutes past midnight and have the max send time no more than 6 hours. I had it send for 12 hours for the 5 plays per game and 8 hours for the days with 10 plays per game. Also the games are randomized and I have the lists longer than my max send time so I can delete the first few games at the top to make it harder to find a pattern.

Also when I'm not in the mood for prepping my list, I would run Abrosia which would be every other day instead.

I think I know what happened. On the day for 5 plays per game, the BTY game is in my list so I changed one score and time from that game accordingly so I can grab that small prize in the process. The next day, I copied and pasted the entire list to double the plays easily but I thought I changed the BTY score back. When I opened the list in the SS and sort it out, there were 2 of those scores. My guess is that I changed a score back, but there was still one left. Even then, I checked the log and it never reached that game to send those scores. Back in the dark here...

Edited by Chocobo, 18 November 2009 - 10:33 AM.

#302 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

well I dled the prog and it won't work!
I get this error :

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered : a file is missing or invalid

help??

I went to ocx dump d/led the specific ocx and put in with the prog it still won't work. yes I d/led and installed the visual basic file you linked put in the folder with scoresender which is in the neocodex folder.

#303 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

well I dled the prog and it won't work!
I get this error :

help??

I went to ocx dump d/led the specific ocx and put in with the prog it still won't work. yes I d/led and installed the visual basic file you linked put in the folder with scoresender which is in the neocodex folder.

Please bother to actually read the entire guide, and the posts after this. Your question has already been answered, repeatedly. Do atleast 3% of the work and read the answer yourself.

#304 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

The edition on the website didn't work for me, so I'm trying the mirror you posted! :) Will update.

Neither work for me O_o; downloaded, click "Score Sender" - just makes the weird no command noise and does nothing..

#305 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:58 AM

The edition on the website didn't work for me, so I'm trying the mirror you posted! :) Will update.

Neither work for me O_o; downloaded, click "Score Sender" - just makes the weird no command noise and does nothing..

Um. More detail please?

#306 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:07 PM

Well I downloaded what it said on the first post of this board, the service pack files...just downloaded 2 versions, unzipped them, clicked Score Sender, and it does something then in under a second stops and makes the noise! That's all I can explain reallly..:unsure:

#307 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:08 PM

Well I downloaded what it said on the first post of this board, the service pack files...just downloaded 2 versions, unzipped them, clicked Score Sender, and it does something then in under a second stops and makes the noise! That's all I can explain reallly..:unsure:

Does the program launch?

#308 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

No, I just unzip the file, click "Score Sender", it looks like its about to load, then makes the noise? Are there some sort of files I'm missing?

#309 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

No, I just unzip the file, click "Score Sender", it looks like its about to load, then makes the noise? Are there some sort of files I'm missing?

Try reading the first post.

Second, if the program won't start at all, you'll need to adjust the compatibility. Right click the program, go to properties, switch to thecompatibility tab, then change it to Windows 95.

#310 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

You extracted everything right? Also, what OS are you using?

#311 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:06 AM

iargue - I click properties, and there is no option to do this. I can understand instructions...this just isnt working for me! :ninja:

#312 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:20 AM

iargue - I click properties, and there is no option to do this. I can understand instructions...this just isnt working for me! :ninja:

What OS are you using?

#313 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:21 AM

Ive read the guide, downloaded the score sender into the same file as the windows files, extractted them...I'm at work now - here I've installed it, so I can see the icon - however it doesnt actually start up when I click the icon...

Maybe I'm missing a step? I don't know.

#314 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

Ive read the guide, downloaded the score sender into the same file as the windows files, extractted them...I'm at work now - here I've installed it, so I can see the icon - however it doesnt actually start up when I click the icon...

Maybe I'm missing a step? I don't know.

Tell us your Operating System so we can actually help. Without it we cannot figure out why you can't change the compatibility, even though you should be able to, heck, it should have it's own tab.

#315 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:32 AM

I'm on XP. At work I got further than at home, I think I've installed it...it just doesnt open.

I click it says

"COMDLG32.OCX or one of its depencancies is not correctly registered : a file missing or invalid"

? I installed the ocx files on the windows download site given? ... :x3:

#316 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:34 AM

You need to download from ocxdump.

#317 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:35 AM

How do I do that? Sorry if I seem so dumb really have no idea when it comes to programming or required files etc. Sorry :sorry:

#318 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:35 AM

I'm on XP. At work I got further than at home, I think I've installed it...it just doesnt open.

I click it says

"COMDLG32.OCX or one of its depencancies is not correctly registered : a file missing or invalid"

? I installed the ocx files on the windows download site given? ... :x3:

See THAT is actually telling us what's wrong. You need the exact .ocx file, and you either need to put it in the same folder as the score sender or in the Windows 32 folder.

The file. GET THIS.

Edited by Elindoril, 19 November 2009 - 02:37 AM.

#319 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:37 AM

Google the file name. Go to the ocxdump website. Download the file. I believe there are a couple more ocx files you'll need.

After you've gotten all the files, it should work.

Edited by sealonfire, 19 November 2009 - 02:38 AM.

#320 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:43 AM

If you drop it in the folder and it's still not working...

I'm pretty sure that this file is a piece of the VB6 runtime files I mentioned to install. The link is in the tutorial under How Do I Use the Score Sender?

To hasten the process, though... here's the link again.

http://www.microsoft...17-f673077ffb3c

#321 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:17 AM

Ok...I downloaded both of those, extracted them put one in system 32, and one in the folder with the SS...same problem, click the score sender shortcut, doesnt load x_X

Btw, now its not telling me I'm missing files...just won't open like it wouldnt on my computer at home.

#322 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:18 AM

Ok...I downloaded both of those, extracted them put one in system 32, and one in the folder with the SS...same problem, click the score sender shortcut, doesnt load x_X

Btw, now its not telling me I'm missing files...just won't open like it wouldnt on my computer at home.

....You did get the file JCR mentioned, right? If not, get it and install it.

#323 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

Yeah I did...but when I download that it says its a "Win32 Cabinet Self Extractor", so I click it, it runs a process, then thats all that happens...

#324 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:05 AM

NOW you can try running in compatibility mode. Should make it at least appear ^_^

#325 olloyd21

olloyd21
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:21 AM

Ok changed the compatibility to 95....and now it says :

Component MSINET.OCX or one of its components is missing or invalid O_o;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users