Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] Obtaining, Preparing For, and Using mOBSCENE's / sLAUGHTER's Score Sender

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#501 marianokt

marianokt
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

Guys I need help. I downloaded the beta SS since the 4.6.3 didn't work anymore. The beta worked fine yesterday but today it's not working... After loading my acc and the list. I press start and immediately says "Status: Idle." When I check the log it says I've played the max amount of games and I didn't play not even once. I tried using the 3/3 bypass but it's not working either. Help please :3

#502 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

Try a different proxy.

#503 marianokt

marianokt
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:36 PM

I don't use proxies, don't think they're safe xd

#504 idlesiren

idlesiren
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

By god this is an awesome little program!!

I got it working fine -- for anyone who gets missing .ocx files, google those files, download them and add them to the folder where your SS is located. Also, be sure you're running in Win 95 comparability!

My concern is that I'm not generating any nps when I send the scores. It doesn't bother me from an income standpoint, but I'm worried it'll set off a red flag and get me frozen. Does anyone else have any theories on this and how it might be fixed? I'm browsing in Firefox with NoScript, if that makes any difference.

:D Anyways! Awesome program again!!!

#505 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

RE: No NP generated:

Update encryption. If the encryption is wrong, no the scores will not actually be successfully sent.

#506 idlesiren

idlesiren
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the reply, jcrboy!<br/><br/>I have been updating the Encryption before each game I send to be extra 'safe' :) I'm not sure if that's the issue. Perhaps it's because I have NoScript running? It worked fine yesterday however, so I'm not exactly sure what's up!
<br/><br/>I was also trying to send a score for Dice Escape today and it wouldn't register the score at all, or even that I'd played. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I'll try again tomorrow and update the encryption and see it works.

Edited by idlesiren, 24 February 2010 - 12:57 PM.

#507 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

Haha for some reason my process is really screwed up

for some reason updating the encryption doesn't work for me with the standard program, but it does with the new beta. Conversely I can't seem to even begin to send scores with the beta but I can with the standard, so even though I can send and get NP now I have to update encryption with the beta and send scores with the standard sLAUGHTER program.

#508 idlesiren

idlesiren
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

Perhaps I'll try that as well

#509 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

The score senders store the encryption data in the same location... so if you update with one version and use a different version it will work just fine.

#510 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

The score senders store the encryption data in the same location... so if you update with one version and use a different version it will work just fine.

Yeah I figured as such, it's just that the standard version of sLAUGHTER doesn't seem to actually work with updating the encryption for me while the beta does it in two seconds flat

#511 4AM

4AM
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

I've checked a few other forums before I posted my question;
It seems that not a lot of people using the SS'er aren't receiving their NP.

I didn't receive any NP but I did get the avatar for one game I was doing.
Would it be logical to keep using it, or should I wait to see if this problem gets fixed?
Or if you know of any solutions, that'd be great. ^^

#512 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

i don have that problem using it Posted Image

#513 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

i always get "error sending"

ill probably quit messing with this thing, i dont like the look of this haha

i sent three scores earlier, it says i have sent all 3 of my scores today, but i didnt get any NP

Edited by talbs, 09 March 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#514 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

i always get "error sending"

ill probably quit messing with this thing, i dont like the look of this haha

i sent three scores earlier, it says i have sent all 3 of my scores today, but i didnt get any NP

this is weird

i cant ever save a list to the sender or anything, or even an account, it always freezes and just shuts down the program

#515 dldlflfl

dldlflfl
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

I keep getting the error MSWINSCK.OCX is missing or invalid. I put it in System 32, I have the necessary Neocodex files, and I can run other Neocodex programs perfectly fine. I'm running a 64bit windows 7. Help?

edit

I tried registering the ocx with regsvr32 by typing regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx but it says "The module MSWINSCK.OCX" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running"

Edited by dldlflfl, 12 March 2010 - 05:29 PM.

#516 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

I keep getting the error MSWINSCK.OCX is missing or invalid. I put it in System 32, I have the necessary Neocodex files, and I can run other Neocodex programs perfectly fine. I'm running a 64bit windows 7. Help?

edit

I tried registering the ocx with regsvr32 by typing regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx but it says "The module MSWINSCK.OCX" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running"

Try taking the file and putting it in the same folder as the Score sender is in.

#517 dldlflfl

dldlflfl
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

I have also tried that ans attempted to register but it says "The module "mswinsck.ocx" failed to load..." and yadda yadda. And when I try to open ScoreSender.exe, I wait but nothing comes up, no program starts.

#518 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

I have also tried that ans attempted to register but it says "The module "mswinsck.ocx" failed to load..." and yadda yadda. And when I try to open ScoreSender.exe, I wait but nothing comes up, no program starts.

need to google mswinsck.ocx and put it in the same folder as the SS

is this a high likelihood of me getting frozen?

i ran 5 scores tonight to get avvies, i didnt get the NP, but i got the avvies

is that bad

Edited by talbs, 12 March 2010 - 08:45 PM.

#519 dldlflfl

dldlflfl
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

^ I did obtain this needed ocx file and put it in the same folder as SS but when I double click it, nothing pops up.
I also have COMCTL32, MSINET, and PRJCHAMELEON ocx's in the Score sender folder as well.

edit
I think VB6 is incompatible with 64bit machines.

Edited by dldlflfl, 13 March 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#520 KingHeisenberg

KingHeisenberg
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

For me, mswinsck.ocx isnt even downloading.

#521 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

For me, mswinsck.ocx isnt even downloading.

Well that's your problem, not ours.

#522 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Well that's your problem, not ours.

indeed.

http://www.ocxdump.c...4/download.html

#523 3dee

3dee
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:56 AM

Hi, can anyone help me with starting this program? I dled the beta version and placed all the ocx files into the folder. I can open the uploader.exe but I can't open up the scoresender...the error says: "Failed to load control 'ProjBar' from . Your version of may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

Attached Files

#524 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

Hi, can anyone help me with starting this program? I dled the beta version and placed all the ocx files into the folder. I can open the uploader.exe but I can't open up the scoresender...the error says: "Failed to load control 'ProjBar' from . Your version of may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

Try installing the VB6 runtime files.

http://www.microsoft...17-f673077ffb3c

I'm guessing that the progress bar it's looking for is located in that installer.

#525 3dee

3dee
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:20 AM

Try installing the VB6 runtime files.

http://www.microsoft...17-f673077ffb3c

I'm guessing that the progress bar it's looking for is located in that installer.

Didn't work =/ I downloaded it and installed it into the folder. Any other ideas of what the problem could be?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users