Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] Obtaining, Preparing For, and Using mOBSCENE's / sLAUGHTER's Score Sender

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#526 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

Didn't work =/ I downloaded it and installed it into the folder. Any other ideas of what the problem could be?

It's

1. Download
2. Unzip somewhere you can ind it
3. Run the extracted file

After those 3 steps the VB6 runtime library should be ready to go.

#527 3dee

3dee
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:47 AM

It's

1. Download
2. Unzip somewhere you can ind it
3. Run the extracted file

After those 3 steps the VB6 runtime library should be ready to go.

I'm still getting the same error. I downloaded the file. Unzipped it to the folder and also ran the extracted file from the scoresender folder. When I run the extracted file, something pops up for a split second on the top left corner. I think it said copying files..

#528 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:27 AM

I'm still getting the same error. I downloaded the file. Unzipped it to the folder and also ran the extracted file from the scoresender folder. When I run the extracted file, something pops up for a split second on the top left corner. I think it said copying files..

Yeah, that's what it should be doing.

I don't know. I've never seen this problem before.

Check sLUAGHTER's profile for his MSN contact info. Maybe he can shed a bit more light on this situation :/

Don't expect an immediate reply, but he knows his own program better than any of us do XD

#529 Muny

Muny
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

I keep getting the same missing ocx file error as other people have reported. I tried searhcing for it on google and downloading it as someone suggested and tried a few other things and I can't seem to get it to work. The error still comes up whenn I try to run the score sender. I'm not the most download savvy person so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. :S What would you suggest I try to get the files to run?

#530 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

I keep getting the same missing ocx file error as other people have reported. I tried searhcing for it on google and downloading it as someone suggested and tried a few other things and I can't seem to get it to work. The error still comes up whenn I try to run the score sender. I'm not the most download savvy person so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. :S What would you suggest I try to get the files to run?

So you're downloading it and putting it in the same folder as the score sender? If not, you're doing it wrong.

#531 Muny

Muny
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

So you're downloading it and putting it in the same folder as the score sender? If not, you're doing it wrong.

Yes. I have been putting it in the same folder as the score sender. I think. I'm not entirely sure if I am doing to correctly. Posted Image I downloaded it and it didn't give me a choice at first. But I extracted it to the score sender so now if I click on the ocx file it automatically attempts to open the score sender.

#532 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

So I have a problem with the SSer. When I send scores, it sends the scores just fine, no reviews etc, but the thing is I don't get paid for the games I score send on. When I look at the page, it accurately shows how many times I've played the game and in my highscores it shows the scores I've sent. Just not getting any np, but everything else. Solutions? And Yes I've updated the encryption and tried both the 4.6 and the 4.6.3 versions

#533 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

So I have a problem with the SSer. When I send scores, it sends the scores just fine, no reviews etc, but the thing is I don't get paid for the games I score send on. When I look at the page, it accurately shows how many times I've played the game and in my highscores it shows the scores I've sent. Just not getting any np, but everything else. Solutions? And Yes I've updated the encryption and tried both the 4.6 and the 4.6.3 versions

I'm hearing murmurs that the older (non-beta) version is having that error?

Not sure, though. If you try the beta and still get nothing, then we have a problem.

I've been using the Beta anyway because it cleared up the RAMFAIL from the previous versions.

#534 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

woot, using the beta it works...imagine that :) plus its moar purty

#535 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

woot, using the beta it works...imagine that :) plus its moar purty

Also no RAMFAIL. That was my least favorite aspect of the original... you hit about an hour and the fucker slows down your whole computer.

I ran the Beta for about 10 hours without incident the other day (sending one score for a trophy... not a whole list, silly)

#536 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

Also no RAMFAIL. That was my least favorite aspect of the original... you hit about an hour and the fucker slows down your whole computer.

I ran the Beta for about 10 hours without incident the other day (sending one score for a trophy... not a whole list, silly)

i noticed this >.> on my 4.1 ghz quadcore and 4 gigs ram it started lagging my comp and i was like uh wtf NO NO U!

#537 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

i was having this problem, but i didnt care so much about the NP, as long as i got the avvie, and i didnt wanna be frozen for that being suspicious

JCR, is it ultra risky to try to get trophies with the SS

#538 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

With the right settings and patience, no it's not. Set the time really high to make it look like you took your time to play the game and get a trophy score, that will make it more legit and will most definitely pass the review, I've done that for several trophies and got away just fine.

#539 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

With the right settings and patience, no it's not. Set the time really high to make it look like you took your time to play the game and get a trophy score, that will make it more legit and will most definitely pass the review, I've done that for several trophies and got away just fine.

is that for gold, or various?

i would be satisfied with bronze, so i may try to get a trophy in a few

#540 Jonni

Jonni
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Such a great program! Posted Image I couldn't be more appreciative of sLAUGHTER's work.

Back in December when I first joined and attempted to download the program, I had the typical OCX problem and after working through the tips I was given, I still couldn't figure it out.

I decided to try it again this time. I downloaded the suggested files, etc. I had a hard time again at first, but I ended up working it out. I had to run the program as an administrator for it to work - this took care of the OCX pop-up. :D I'm not sure if trying this was mentioned before in the forum, but it could definitely be a solution for anyone still having problems (as it was for me).

#541 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

i was having this problem, but i didnt care so much about the NP, as long as i got the avvie, and i didnt wanna be frozen for that being suspicious

I'm going to quote my previous post for this one....

Score got accepted and I got my trophy :3

#542 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

I'm going to quote my previous post for this one....

Score got accepted and I got my trophy :3

i sent three for bronze trophies, and it didnt tell me any of them were reviewed...i got the NP and the score shows up as my high, just dont have the trophy yet

#543 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

i sent three for bronze trophies, and it didnt tell me any of them were reviewed...i got the NP and the score shows up as my high, just dont have the trophy yet

Are you using the Beta? Because the older version is still having trouble?

#544 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

>.> only reason I don't like this thing, is for some reason any time I get iced for it, they ice all teh accounts they saw me use

oh and for those that have trouble with having the ocx files etc in the folder and are running vista or 7 run it as administrator, thats what fixed mine not seeing them

#545 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Are you using the Beta? Because the older version is still having trouble?

nah i used the old one, i figured id still get the trophies if i used that one, but maybe not, we will see

#546 Muny

Muny
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

It did work after I ran as an administrator as Jonni suggested. Thank you so much. (:

#547 Daryl

Daryl
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

Anyone here help?
I've got all the OCX files in the same folder as my SS. I can update encryption, ran in adminstration.
I'm using windows 7..
BUT I'm not getting any score sent, I keep getting max amount played for today when it reads 0 in my account on the web.
Help?

#548 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

Try bypassing 3/3

#549 qwertypetz

qwertypetz
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

so how do we figure out which game corresponds to which id #?

JKAY, figured out how to do it.

you look at the source and look up "game_id"

Edited by qwertypetz, 30 March 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#550 Daryl

Daryl
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Try bypassing 3/3

I did.. but didnt get any score sent

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users