Photo

Homework Help

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#51 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

Really? I never knew that... Well I kinda rushed and I am done with my essay right now :) How do I attach it? I never learned how...

EDIT: YAY! I am done with all my homeowrk today!!! I feel so proud...

Edited by LiTtLeHaCkEr11, 09 September 2004 - 06:22 PM.

#52 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2004 - 01:31 AM

Really? I never knew that... Well I kinda rushed and I am done with my essay right now :) How do I attach it? I never learned how...

EDIT: YAY! I am done with all my homeowrk today!!! I feel so proud...

View Post

to attach it you will have to zip it up then when you post browse then find it then post :) but I am in school now and so far after 2 lessons have maths homework to do but it should be easy :p

#53 Guest_masterdeath01_*

Guest_masterdeath01_*

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:11 AM

Uh.. I dont really get it but.... Ill see if this works...
What is the longest word in the english language?

A:pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (a cracking 45 letters)

Meaning?

A lung disease caused by inhaling volcanic ash :p

Edit:: oh wait.. Thats a medicine thing ^_^

View Post

Close... but pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconiosis is a lung disease caused in miners by inhaling silica dust. Silica is a crystal used to make glass and is mined in open pits.

***If anyone has any homework questions EXCEPT MATH, feel free to PM me and I'll respond.

#54 tlim

tlim
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

I was going to correct that but I thought no one would notice that ^_^

Stop noticing things.... :p

#55 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 01:52 PM

seems to be going REALLY well so far. I'm still talkin to the admins about a section of the forum for it, and there should be an answer soon.

HoHoMaN90

#56 Guest_masterdeath01_*

Guest_masterdeath01_*

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:07 PM

I was going to correct that but I thought no one would notice that :p

Stop noticing things.... :(

View Post

lolllll. :lol:   sorry about that.  :boxed:

#57 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:39 PM

Uh.. I dont really get it but.... Ill see if this works...
What is the longest word in the english language?

A:pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (a cracking 45 letters)

Meaning?

A lung disease caused by inhaling volcanic ash :p

Edit:: oh wait.. Thats a medicine thing :boxed:

View Post

Lolx I can't believe it but today I had a an assignment to wrote a defintion for a science word!!! I am going to choose this one right here :( Thanks :lol:

I still can't believe they give homework on a Friday :p

#58 Assasinn3

Assasinn3
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

Lolx I can't believe it but today I had a an assignment to wrote a defintion for a science word!!! I am going to choose this one right here :p Thanks :(

I still can't believe they give homework on a Friday :boxed:

View Post

is there even such a word as, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis... litterly... anyway lol littlehacker once you get to high-school you will know... that you wont just get definitions for homework, but 6 page essasy... reading books, writing stuff, and homework everyday from math and science together :lol:

#59 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:44 PM

is there even such a word as, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis... litterly... anyway lol littlehacker once you get to high-school you will know... that you wont just get definitions for homework, but 6 page essasy... reading books, writing stuff, and homework everyday from math and science together :p

View Post

Are you sure that is the correct spelling for the word? I just want to make sure.... :boxed:

EDIT: I can't seem to find it anywhere....
My homework assignment was to write my own defintion and a dictionary defintion... And I can't seem to find it in the dictionnary... Can somebody look it somewhere they know that has it?

EdIT 2: I figured out what it means. So never mind you guys but thanks for helping again...

Edited by LiTtLeHaCkEr11, 10 September 2004 - 03:30 PM.

#60 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:37 AM

Hey yeah, if anyone needs an essay proofread, just PM it to me. I'm a total FREAK about grammar, I swear. I despise bad grammar.

Just be sure to tell me what grade level you're at because I don't want it to be too advanced... :o Two of my friends who are in college have regularly had me proofread their papers, but one's despicable at spelling, and the other was just nervous, that's all.

#61 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

Well this is my maths homework and have got stuck on some :o so help with the questions which I had to do which are circled and the one's I need help on have a question mark beside them but please check them all :D thanks don't worry about question 15!

Thanks alot :)

#62 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:46 AM

thanks well question 15 doesn't need to be done, just the rest ;)

#63 LightSabre

LightSabre
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:53 AM

Erm ok, let's go 1 by 1:

10: What's wrong with 10? You just need to make sure your straight line passes through the 5 points; just shift your line down a little.  ;)

#64 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:07 AM

Erm ok, let's go 1 by 1:

10: What's wrong with 10? You just need to make sure your straight line passes through the 5 points; just shift your line down a little.  ;)

View Post

well the line will be fine :/

so what about question 11 b ii?

by the way, it has to be in on Tuesday

Edited by wjmroberst, 12 September 2004 - 11:03 AM.

#65 Guest_koolgrl512_*

Guest_koolgrl512_*

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:06 PM

I'm having trouble in calculus....y is it that in the function f(g(x))=sin(1/x) as it approacher 0 from the right is undefined? I need an anilitical argument :D

#66 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:20 PM

So g(x)=1/x, and g(x)=sin(x)? I'm not as far as all that in trig but we just passed combining functions. Is that right though?

#67 LightSabre

LightSabre
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:02 AM

well the line will be fine ;)

so what about question 11 b ii?

by the way, it has to be in on Tuesday

View Post

Sheesh I can't believe I actually left it hanging like that last night, sorry ;)

As for 11 b ii, it's (0,2), join the top of the large triangle to the top of the smaller triangle and extend it down, do that for the the other corners too; the point where the extended lines meet is the centre of enlargement.

13 should be right I guess.

For 14 a I, lowest mark is 4 and highest is 48; hence the range is 48 - 4 = 44.

For 14 a ii, the median should be 21; it's 8th highest / lowest score.

14 b: 8/15 is correct, 60% is wrong though, 8/15 is actually 53.3% approxi'mately.

koolgrl512: Honestly I don't quite know what kind of analysis your teacher needs, but one way to look at it is to choose a path towards x=0 where x=1/(2pi), 1/(3pi), 1/(4pi), 1/(5pi) and so on, which will give you f[g(x)] = 0 for these values of x; then another path towards x=0 also from the right: x=2/pi, 2/(5pi), 2/(9pi) etc..... which would you a result of f[g(x)] = 1....... the li'mit as x tends to 0 from the right doesn't exist as a choice of different paths would yield different results.

#68 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:49 AM

Thanks Lightsaber ;) your the greatest ;)

#69 Guest_koolgrl512_*

Guest_koolgrl512_*

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:44 PM

So g(x)=1/x, and g(x)=sin(x)? I'm not as far as all that in trig but we just passed combining functions. Is that right though?

View Post

uh, this is a year past trig...idk if u can help me, sok though, I asked my teacher and he explained it to me...if ur curious ill tell u, but I don't think ull understand because I barly do! lolz

#70 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:52 PM

Can somebody please help me?

I need help with my homework... I need to think of a famous direct quote... I have one already and it is " Saved a penny is urned a penny " Benjamen Franklin said.

#71 cx323

cx323
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:57 PM

Can somebody please help me?

I need help with my homework... I need to think of a famous direct quote... I have one already and it is " Saved a penny is urned a penny " Benjamen Franklin said.

what do you need help with? you already have a quote.

#72 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:00 PM

I am suppose to have three of them, and I only have one... The other ones I was suppose to have my teacher said I can't use them ^_^

Sorry about the other post...

#73 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:37 PM

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
Albert Einstein

I'll have the other one inb a second for ya ^_^

Here:
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Edited by pyke, 13 September 2004 - 04:40 PM.

#74 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:40 PM

Um... I don't know... Um... There's something Benjamin Franklin said about men only being able to rely on two things - death and taxes.

#75 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:46 PM

Um... I don't know... Um... There's something Benjamin Franklin said about men only being able to rely on two things - death and taxes.

View Post

Um, I kinda need the exact words for it... But thanks anyway...

Thanks pyke...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users