Photo

Neocodex Twitter

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:17 AM

This page is encouraged to be a Neocodex imitation of the site Twitter. Although I've never used Twitter I think this will be an inventive topic thread.

For those of you not familiar with Twitter: Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that allows you answer the question, "What are you doing?"
Anwyas:

It is 1:17am I am attempting to AB using Abrosia -.- :: Great Life lol

Edited by Xion, 02 October 2009 - 01:08 AM.

#2 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:18 AM

No Fucking Comment.

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

Is dead tired. Didn't do hw till late :( - poor bro has skool at 7am - im lucky i have class at 12pm

------------------
We use the status board updates for this. its the main feature of the codex side bar do you want us to increase the max limit from 10 to say 20 or 25? :)

#4 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

No Fucking Comment.

Ha ha ha -.- Yea. . . What about you Oblivion?

Is dead tired. Didn't do hw till late :( - poor bro has skool at 7am - im lucky i have class at 12pm

------------------
We use the status board updates for this. its the main feature of the codex side bar do you want us to increase the max limit from 10 to say 20 or 25? :)

Whats the status board is that thing to the left of the home page?

#5 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:34 AM

On the right of the home page :p
Ill go make a comment there so u can see

#6 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

Ahh I see it now. What class have you at noon tomorrow Dart? he he I have a three day weekend every weekend!

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

Lol Twitter.

@Noit Though, if we use the status thing, you can only see the last update for the person, and lose any trace of what they said before, so if people see half a conversation and wonder what happened, they miss out. It's all up to you on what happens.

But, If we keep this, then I raise the suggestion that this be put in the fun section, as not to allow people to spam stuff and gain post counts.

#8 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

*sad face* Destroying my kill two bird with one stone scheme. Well on a lighter note in reference to the actual thread

Sprited up a SPLIT GENGAR
Posted Image

#9 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

This = Way to get posts babbling about stupid stuff?

#10 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

This = Way to get posts babbling about stupid stuff?

Stupid depends I suppose on the person judging it. IMO i don't think most posts here would be all that much less interesting/spam than most post in the Lab Ray forum.

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:48 AM

Stupid depends I suppose on the person judging it. IMO i don't think most posts here would be all that much less interesting/spam than most post in the Lab Ray forum.

Generally that's one post in that thread a day, which really doesn't compare to this, where you can blab every hour about something happening, or even more, depending on how much you think we care about every bit of your life.

Spoiler

#12 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

I am currently in the emergency room!!!!! The doctors are so nice here. It seems that it is completely impossible to successfully execute a f

/140 characters

This is why I stick to normal chatting.

Spoiler

I'm going to start a twitter account called cookie lover and script it to say those exact things every hour.

By the way, I started said Twitter... It's a protest account

https://twitter.com/c00kie10ver

#13 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

I am currently in the emergency room!!!!! The doctors are so nice here. It seems that it is completely impossible to successfully execute a f

/140 characters

This is why I stick to normal chatting.

I'm going to start a twitter account called cookie lover and script it to say those exact things every hour.

^^^^^

*laughs at jcrboys twitter joke*
Well it is up to the administrator/advanced members to decide where this idea goes but I personally think that it could be a lot of actual stimulating chat and not just empty prog. posts you see around in threads like "thats real good" in the graphics and "your so lucky" in the lab ray lol. Idk I feel I have benefited from knowing darts doesnt have class until noon and telling him i have a three day weekend and hearing jcrboys joke. Not only that in this entire thread i've only accumulated five posts?! And if anything just remove the 140 character limit and leave this be a twitter 'like' thread where members can actually 'chat'.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

^^^^^

*laughs at jcrboys twitter joke*
Well it is up to the administrator/advanced members to decide where this idea goes

Lol, Advanced Members have no power, we just have a lot of posts.

but I personally think that it could be a lot of actual stimulating chat and not just empty prog. posts you see around in threads like "thats real good" in the graphics and "your so lucky" in the lab ray lol. Idk I feel I have benefited from knowing darts doesnt have class until noon and telling him i have a three day weekend and hearing jcrboys joke. Not only that in this entire thread i've only accumulated five posts?!

You started this thread like an hour ago, if you got more then ten posts in that time frame, something would of been wrong, what I meant was in a longer run.

By the way, I started said Twitter... It's a protest account

https://twitter.com/c00kie10ver

Lol! What have I done? I'm watching that now. :D

Edited by Elindoril, 02 October 2009 - 01:08 AM.

#15 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

You started this thread like an hour ago, if you got more then ten posts in that time frame, something would of been wrong, what I meant was in a longer run.

? o.O oye. Ha ha. I don't see what would be wrong with 10+ posts in an hour. I mean honestly 12 post an hour, if I were to sit at my pc for an entire 24 hour period, and make 12 posts an hour I'd make out with 288 posts. A little over half of what the prog is asking for. All that I am saying is that we try this out. Give it a test run. Not only that but given I had the 500 posts already I might feel the same way (that I am speculating) you guys feel. You worked damn hard for your posts and now this new idea makes that advanced marker available to the masses? But let me put it into an analogy as such: Big Oil Companies worked damned hard earning their trillions and drilling oil to run the global market especially for motor vehicle. Here comes along a 100% fully functional free energy car! Everyone is happy no more paying for gas! Big Oil doesn't like that! It completely defaces it's hard work and determination because their efforts no longer provide the same benefits anymore! Big Oil then suppresses this car from ever hitting the market, leaving the people with the same old difficult life style and weekly gas payment.

Sorry if that is hard to understand or doesn't make sense at all. It's really late >.<

#16 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:23 AM

Really, we've been simplifying to "get 500 posts" (Because that is the harder objective to hit). Being advanced is really a two-pronged process.

http://www.neocodex....ks-of-neocodex/

Advanced Member:
Once you have reached 500 posts and have stayed here for at least one month, your status automatically changes to advanced member.

So even if you're at 576 posts in 2 days (288x2), you still need to put in the time to become truly advanced.

#17 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

Really, we've been simplifying to "get 500 posts" (Because that is the harder objective to hit). Being advanced is really a two-pronged process.

http://www.neocodex....ks-of-neocodex/

So even if you're at 576 posts in 2 days (288x2), you still need to put in the time to become truly advanced.

IDK. It just seems that a good functioning idea is being hindered for no reason. Especially because I think this thread would produce the most intriguing and stimulating conversation and would make members actually want to stick around for a month.

Why is it that the program has a limit on it btw?

Edited by Xion, 02 October 2009 - 01:29 AM.

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

IDK. It just seems that a good functioning idea is being hindered for no reason. Especially because I think this thread would produce the most intriguing and stimulating conversation and would make members actually want to stick around for a month.

Why is it that the program has a limit on it btw?

Because Abrosia is 100x better then every MSAB, and its bound to be leeched like crazy. This way we get people to actually post and do things, and not leech. This gives us a functioning board (Which is what we want)

None of the programmers even play Neopets. Everything we do is for you guys. The least you can do is stick around and support us.

#19 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:37 AM

Because Abrosia is 100x better then every MSAB, and its bound to be leeched like crazy. This way we get people to actually post and do things, and not leech. This gives us a functioning board (Which is what we want)

None of the programmers even play Neopets. Everything we do is for you guys. The least you can do is stick around and support us.

Oh, bad form on my part then. Well I mean my intentions for this thread were to support both the members and the staff. You see I run an RPG forum too and have a chat box at the bottom that is more like an AIM chat than the one you guys have. And I figured a thread like this would A: Make members have legitimate conversations such as the one I began with Darts about classes. B: Increase member post count. (Which to reach 500 you still have to be active even with this.) C: I think that by chatting openly in something like this members will get to know each other better and create a more family like community on the boards. Atleast thats how my RPG Forum turned out. Most of my members know one another by name and have even exchanged phone numbers.

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:43 AM

Oh, bad form on my part then. Well I mean my intentions for this thread were to support both the members and the staff. You see I run an RPG forum too and have a chat box at the bottom that is more like an AIM chat than the one you guys have. And I figured a thread like this would A: Make members have legitimate conversations such as the one I began with Darts about classes. B: Increase member post count. (Which to reach 500 you still have to be active even with this.) C: I think that by chatting openly in something like this members will get to know each other better and create a more family like community on the boards. Atleast thats how my RPG Forum turned out. Most of my members know one another by name and have even exchanged phone numbers.

There is a Chit Chat section. Most things should be separated under separate topics.

For instance, in General Chat. New topics are sometimes posted, or people asking for advice. There are even. Where do you posts, and How was you day posts.

A topic to just post everything boarders on Spam.

There is even a debate section for you to Wage War against other people on topics of interest. or a Harware/Software section to geek it out about your computer, or to get some help.

Just figure out what you want to talk to other people about, and make a topic. People will reply to you, and you can reply to them :)

#21 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

Alright well if Darts doesn't can this. Which would be alright by me I suppose, I'll try out the debate section or something to that effect. But on topic=

Its 2:48am I am extremely tired and about to goto sleep.
*Is hoping the advanced members don't hate me.*

#22 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

You guys know that we have a twitter account, right? @ncodex

#23 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

why not replace the status thing with a chatango like thing? that way there can be a place to talk without having to post in a thread? or...better yet. Actually USE the IRC chan :p

#24 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

why not replace the status thing with a chatango like thing? that way there can be a place to talk without having to post in a thread? or...better yet. Actually USE the IRC chan :p

Maybe we should put that IRC link back on the navigation bar.

#25 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

I like the staus updates as a pseudo twitter. If they dont know just chime in and ask :)

dro lets push that up to 20?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users