• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:46 AM

We are pleased to announce the newest upgrade to our Item Database, version 1.0.6. As you can readily see, there have been some upgrades to the look of the system on both the front page and the item lookup, but that's not all.

Manual Pricing of Unpriced/Unbuyable Items
As an Advanced Member, you can now change the prices of unpriced or items considered unbuyable (ie. net worth of greater than 99,999 NP). Our buyable items will be managed completely by our automatic pricing system so you will not be able to adjust the prices of items to under 100,000 NP.

Reporting Feature
Find an item that has a bad "Unbuyable" price? Report it, or if you are an Advanced Member, change it!

For users that are not Advanced Member rank or above, if you see an unbuyable item that has a bad price, you can now easily report the item to us by clicking the small >> Posted Image << icon beside the price. When reported, the icon will turn into a >> Posted Image << icon, signifying that the report has been submitted, and that an Advanced Member can change the price.

Advanced Members, a tab at the top called "Reported Items" now appears to you in the system where you can browse the items reported and either fix the item's price or remove the report. :p

New Layout
We have put up a new layout with some minor interface tweaks. The largest one you will notice is that the owner information is unrolled on each item info page so as to give more emphasis to it. Instead of having to open that area of owner information, you can now just see it on the right side every time.

Bug Fixes
There have been some bug fixes as well. Probably the most important is that you can now search for unpriced items! (Before you couldn't for some reason.) The notes ajax is now fixed as is the packrat pagination :).

Coupled with the increase in the number of items in our database and the extraordinary amount of pricing that occurs in our database, our database continues to grow in its greatness. We hope that you find these updates useful, and to keep spreading the word about this great tool.

And as always, remember to check our Twitter account, @ncodex, for future updates!

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

Heh, I seem to have noticed the new Database before seeing the post about it. :p

I should go ahead and start pricing the easy items like the Hidden Tower items that are already in the database, since I can just go grab the prices and throw them in.

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:06 AM

I tried to price an unpriced item but when I clicked update it told me in a pop-up "bad request".

I'm getting this too, but it still prices the item anyways. O_o

#4 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:14 AM

This is my calling, but yet i am not an advanced member.

Ho hum.

#5 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:14 AM

Time to finally fix all those items I priced
XD

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

I tried to price an unpriced item but when I clicked update it told me in a pop-up "bad request".

This is a bug and I'll fix it tomorrow :). The price does go through though. But I'll fix the bad request thing tomorrow :p.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

Me thinks the Hidden Tower items are all priced. Now it's time for the harder part, the rest of the UB's without a concrete price tag.

#8 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:39 AM

All the crap that SL posted the other day that has prices I should have in in a few hours

woot

#9 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:41 AM

How do we add items if they aren't yet in the database. I went through and did a few of the HT item while Elindoril started at a different end, but was mostly adding the extra info on the side.

I found out the prices still went through just after I posted.

We're still reserving addition of new items to our bots and harvesters. You can only work with the items already in the database but we should have most of them :). If you know of an item that isn't in there, just give it some time and it should pop up :).

#10 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

All right... I've done what I can for now, I'm posting this for the following reason:

UB, no price - These items exist on the system, but there is no posted price for the items
None found - I cannot find this item on wiz or trading post... so I can't post an accurate price
Untradable - These items are buyable, but can't be sent from user to user, so the only price on record is the price in the shops (always buyable)
LOW PRICES (price listed) - Item found on wiz... for some reason has not been priced in our system

Spoiler

If anyone wants to help find accurate prices, feel free.

For the morphing potions, I'm going to try to approximate prices based on relevant paint brush and morphing potion prices.

BY THE WAY... at this exact moment... we have 9473 unpriced items in the database. Looks like we have our jobs cut out for us XD

Edited by jcrboy, 04 October 2009 - 03:45 AM.

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:01 AM

The Top 5 Users section on the itemdb has a little mistake, the headers are Username and Buyable, then they should be Username and Items Priced or something similar. Some of the spacing between the sections on the left side also seem to be a bit off and the info boxes on the item info seem to be too large if there's no info to display.

#12 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

BY THE WAY... at this exact moment... we have 9473 unpriced items in the database. Looks like we have our jobs cut out for us XD

Some of those are buyables I added to the database yesterday and should be priced automatically once the new version of Abrosia comes out.

#13 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

The Top 5 Users section on the itemdb has a little mistake, the headers are Username and Buyable, then they should be Username and Items Priced or something similar. Some of the spacing between the sections on the left side also seem to be a bit off and the info boxes on the item info seem to be too large if there's no info to display.

I have to fix this today :p.

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

Awesomeness team! Love the report images! :)
Can a gfx member make me a red version of the triangle report please i need it for a mouseover.

#15 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hydro found the solution.

Change your skin... then change back

It somehow fixes the problem

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hydro found the solution.

Change your skin... then change back

It somehow fixes the problem

It has to do with the md5 hash that IPB uses for security purposes so that someone doesn't submit ajax requests under your guise. Switching skins seems to reset that hash.

#17 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Yes that fixed it. How come I can't edit some items but can for others? I can edit the recently unpriced items, but can't edit ones that have been priced for a while (I was only going to edit it by 1np then change it back of course).

You can only edit items which are priced greater than 99,999 NP. These are unbuyable items. Buyable items, our bots can take care of. Also, only advanced+ can edit items but you're past that already :p.

Anyone can report items though if they are unbuyable and advanced members see the reports and can go in and check it out.

#18 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

Great work guys, I've noticed Abrosia buying a lot more items since getting the new update and all the hard work you've all done.

*hands everyone a cookie*

#19 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

Sweet, I figured that was why, but figured it was worth making sure it wasn't a glitch.

Also, for the 'Restocks in:' bit, could you allow hidden tower to be listed, so that people can actually see what profit (or rather, the amount of loss they will get by buying items from the HT). Since it is a shop that isn't owned by users, it should probably be listed.

I'm editing the HT items to show their actual price but it's showing it as, for example 11,000,000 profit or whatever when that's just not the case.

Lastly... since I'm pricing items, could this method of pricing be added to the list of people pricing items. Right now, editing item prices doesn't count as pricing them :(

I'll add the addition of the hidden tower shop to my list of todo items :). We'll need to change both the frontend and backend systems but it shouldn't be hard.

As for the counting of prices, we are counting your pricings of unbuyables, but I have to work on getting the proper query to get the data back from the database :p. I'll have it display in the next version :).

#20 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

I'll add the addition of the hidden tower shop to my list of todo items :). We'll need to change both the frontend and backend systems but it shouldn't be hard.

As for the counting of prices, we are counting your pricings of unbuyables, but I have to work on getting the proper query to get the data back from the database :p. I'll have it display in the next version :).

On the same topic as HT... don't forget to add the prices of the damned Neohome items... I'll get a full list and post later

#21 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

If anyone needs some extra help with pricing, I have a few days off work this week. Would love to help out.

#22 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

We need to add categories to our items as well :p.

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

Jelly Neo can suck it.

*hum*

#24 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

Jelly Neo can suck it.

*hum*

They still have some information like older images of an item and item categories that we don't have but we have some information that they don't have. We're working to better our database every day and I suspect that we will take Jelly Neo's place one day :p.

#25 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

One day? At the rate you're going it'll be more like tomorrow :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users