Photo

Everquest or WOW

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 laraboots

laraboots
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

Which is better everquest or wow? I'm kind of getting over WOW and wondering if everquest is any good?

#2 Wolfette

Wolfette
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

Never played Everquest, but I am still enjoying Wow ^_^

#3 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:12 AM

Everquest isn't bad. It has even MORE of a cult following than WoW, and the average person who plays it is much more mature.

#4 Wolfette

Wolfette
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

the average person who plays it is much more mature.

That alone might make it worth looking at I guess :p

#5 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Everquest is what most hardcore WoW fanatics played before WoW. I believe you could order pizza through the in game window by typing /pizza. It's another life drain. If you're bored of WoW, quit.

#6 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

Everquest is what most hardcore WoW fanatics played before WoW. I believe you could order pizza through the in game window by typing /pizza. It's another life drain. If you're bored of WoW, quit.

That's fucking awesome lmao.

#7 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

Everquest isn't bad. It has even MORE of a cult following than WoW, and the average person who plays it is much more mature.

The level maturity in MMO's are all relative. Some days, you might find yourself in a great company of "mature" people; other times, you might not. Happens to all online games.

#8 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:12 AM

omg, Only found out about this topic XD

Yeah,I'm currently looking for mmorpg game..I played Cabal online before,its was an awsome game,
But however,after playing Cabal..Others game seen don't get my interest at all = (

I like game that having cool skill and nice pvo system,and I never play WoW or Everquest before,
However,I like you to give me your comment about both of the game and i might give it a try = )

#9 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

The level maturity in MMO's are all relative. Some days, you might find yourself in a great company of "mature" people; other times, you might not. Happens to all online games.

Everquest is a bit obscure and everybody that wants an MMO would go after the "popular" WoW. This is why I loved Everquest compared to all the MMOs that are out today, there are newbs but very few noobs so the veterans aren't as annoyed to help other players.

#10 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

I would go with WOW since there're more people. It's easier to get into guilds(or change guilds) if the community is big.

#11 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

Everquest is a bit obscure and everybody that wants an MMO would go after the "popular" WoW. This is why I loved Everquest compared to all the MMOs that are out today, there are newbs but very few noobs so the veterans aren't as annoyed to help other players.

But again, since wow is more popular, it has more servers and you can find the same situation you have described about Everquest in one of those obscure wow servers...

#12 swerving2win

swerving2win
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Everquest won't offer you anything you haven't experience. Maybe more intense PVE. WoW is just a formula for addiction that millions of people have succom to, nothing new or interesting has come out of the game and has unfortunately spawned several other cookie cutter MMOs that are trying to become mainstream.
If you want a unique MMO experience, should have played SWG before NGE/CU updates. The game is crap now but the emulator is coming out relatively soon.

#13 kwaffle

kwaffle
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

My brother played Everquest for years and I used to watch him play. He finally made me a character so I played it for an entire summer.. and I mean the entire summer. I had a couple part time jobs but I had most of my time to myself.. I played any chance I got, all night, all day, whenever. I was 14. I stopped playing when school started just as a favor to myself and my future.. he tried to get me on WoW but I didn't like it as much.. probably just because I was too attached to my EQ <3

#14 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

I'm not sure about everquest but everquest 2 was so boring..

I made a nice invisible hack for everquest 2 though :p

#15 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

I played wow for a year. Had a lot of fun. But the thing I realized that got me off it was that at times I would have a lot of fun but the work that I needed to put into it to have that fun was so NOT worth it.

I only really liked pvp on wow so i got into twinking and lvl 70 with my sl/sl lock back in burning crusade. But after getting to lvl 70 in a month without any cheats and stuff I realized how horrible the game was for me.

Sure playing it is fun but I find so many more enjoyable things in real life that don't you bags under your eyes and give you sore ass syndrome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users