Facebook the Movie

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

Seriously?

Would any of you even consider going to see it? Who cares how Facebook was founded. *totally does not use Facebook*

And can I just say how #facebookisadouche because honestly, if you're going to film at Hopkins, fucking call it Hopkins and don't pretend that it's Harvard. Or shell out the cash to film it at Harvard.

#2 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

Links or something?

I would not go see Facebook the movie, because it sounds like a documentary. There is nothing wrong with documentary's... But one about a social networking website? Sounds like a bore-fest to me.

#3 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Something like this.

I like documentaries, but like, it's going to be big-budget and apparently JT is supposed to be in on it and a number of big names. Also, they totally fucked up the MIT black jack team with 21. The actually documentary-like thing about it was far more interesting/better done.

Boo on your Hollywood.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

I can think of worse.

Spoiler

#5 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

lol

I don't even want to think about how /b/ would react to that one.

#6 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

I use facebook, but I honestly DGAF how it was founded. Major flop if someone makes this.

#7 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

So whos making it? I hope its not from the founders of Facebook? That would be one incredibly biased piece of media.

Isn't it alleged Mr.Zuckerberg stole the idea and source code?

http://www.telegraph...tolen-idea.html

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

So whos making it? I hope its not from the founders of Facebook? That would be one incredibly biased piece of media.

Isn't it alleged Mr.Zuckerberg stole the idea and source code?

http://www.telegraph...tolen-idea.html

It was alleged that he stole the idea from ConnectU, and he was taken to court about it. Blah blah Law stuff blah blah.

Wiki about it.

#9 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Huh. I wonder if its justified homicide to murder everyone who came up with this ideal...

#10 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

Huh. I wonder if its justified homicide to murder everyone who came up with this ideal...

Just hire a ninja to do the work for you, then you can't get charged for Homicide if they justify it as so.

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

Just hire a ninja to do the work for you, then you can't get charged for Homicide if they justify it as so.

I cant hire myself! And I cant get another ninja to do it for me, that breaks our code of ethics.

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

I cant hire myself! And I cant get another ninja to do it for me, that breaks our code of ethics.

Kill him yourself then, I doubt they'll know it's you.

#13 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

It's going to be a boring documentary. The movie/documentary can be easily done in 15-30mins if all its talking about is the founding. Facebook is just another social networking site.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

It's going to be a boring documentary. The movie/documentary can be easily done in 15-30mins if all its talking about is the founding. Facebook is just another social networking site.

There's just one slight difference, it's somehow amazingly popular compared to some of the other Networking sites.

Heck, Myspace changed their news feed to look more like facebook, it's that big.

#15 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

All I have to say is this.

Facebook was awesome when it was for COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY. And your college had to be part of the network.

Once it went public, it went downhill. I actually left facebook the day it went public. Haven't been happier

#16 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

Honestly, I'd definitely watch it. Although it may not be something that I need to see, I'd definitely watch it high, and pay for a ticket to do such.

#17 Tarchy

Tarchy
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:03 AM

the only thing related to facebook that i would even consider watching would be a mockumentery.

#18 Kisarou

Kisarou
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

Probably another method of Facebook to gain publicity, so more people around the world will start using it.
Internet traffic can be a good way to rack in tons and tons of money. :thumbsup:

#19 swerving2win

swerving2win
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

All I have to say is this.

Facebook was awesome when it was for COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY. And your college had to be part of the network.

Once it went public, it went downhill. I actually left facebook the day it went public. Haven't been happier

I agree, facebook was neat when it was only college students. Its constantly trying to become more mainstream but you can't really blame them for opening it to the public - larger user base = more monay

#20 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

I agree, facebook was neat when it was only college students. Its constantly trying to become more mainstream but you can't really blame them for opening it to the public - larger user base = more monay

True. But you still have your own network and you practically can ignore other people on fb except for the annoying relationship ads on the side >.>

#21 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Yeah, but they also sell your information to advertisers these days too, so your info is never yours anymore. :)

#22 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, but they also sell your information to advertisers these days too, so your info is never yours anymore. :)

I think of it as a impetus for you to not post everything on fb >.>

#23 swerving2win

swerving2win
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

In my opinion, facebook is a pretty useless site anyway. I rarely use it

#24 saif

saif
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

Doubt it

#25 mariokiller64

mariokiller64
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

I gotta tell ya....that sounds really really stupid lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users