I think this says it all.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:46 PM

Lolwut, that's weird.

Though, you don't see a ton of overweight Japanese people anyways.

#3 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

But I didn't think the guys they showed getting physicals were fat. I mean, they weren't skinny, but that's hardly fat.

And this is coming from a girl with a 16.9 BMI.

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

America should do this next

#5 Guest_MissMurder_*

Guest_MissMurder_*

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

America should do this next

This would be a good way to get tax money...
HEY YOU... FATASS! Pay the fat people tax.... yeah!

/sarcasm

#6 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

They could have included this in the health reform bill...:p

#7 truecrimes

truecrimes
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

Being a health conscious person i am all for trying to get everyone to eat healthier.
On another note i am not for government intervention on personal affairs. Its should be a choice if someone wants to be fat or not, with that being said personal responsibility goes hand in hand. So if your obese and need money, its not the governments problem. Taxes should not be wasted on self created obesity. Unless you were born with some sort of weight altering issue like a bad thyroid i understand. The funny thing is people with bad thyroids maintain healthy weight while the rest of the population makes up health issues to avoid personal responsibility and embarrassment. Crazy how only in the last 30 years did "fat genetics" INSANELY increase in the gene pool and apparently nearly 1 in 9 Americans have it :sarcasm:.

#8 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

Wow theres gonna be alot of unemployed fat people in japan! lmao

#9 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Wow. That's pretty crazy. I guess it does make a little sense though... Mind you I said, a little...

#10 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:41 AM

This would be a good way to get tax money...
HEY YOU... FATASS! Pay the fat people tax.... yeah!
/sarcasm

Yes. I seriously think America needs to do that.

I have to pay extra on my health insurance because I 'smoke'. But other than that, I'm very thin and fit. I think a fat person has just as much risk for disease as I do, but you don't see insurance companies charging THEM more for it. Diabetes, poor circulation, heart troubles. You should be penalized if your choice of lifestyle is hazardous to your health. Sorry, but it is a choice to smoke, and generally a choice to be fat. Sometimes genetics are a factor in how fat you are, but there's no getting around the fact that a lot of Americans are obese because they don't eat right or exercise. It should be penalized.

And I think people should be taxed if they have fat ass kids too. Other than thyroid problems, there's no reason for a 6 year old to weigh more than 100lbs. 1 out of 3 kids in the US is considered overweight or obese. It's disgusting. I work in a pharmacy, and it's astonishing how many inhalers and nebulizer solutions insurance companies have to dish out to kids because they're so fat they can't even breathe right. It is costing a fortune, and you cannot tell me it's not associated with their weight.

Or maybe they're smokers. But they sure look fat when their parents pull up in the drive-thru. Because their parents are ALSO fat, and too lazy to walk into the store.

There is a high tax on cigarettes, and I pay it because I like to smoke. Why shouldn't there be a high tax on sugary, or high calorie foods? Sure there will still be a line of fatties stocking up on Twinkies, and bitching about how much they cost, but I bet a lot of people, especially wellfare folks, would lose a lot of weight if fattening foods weren't so cheap.

/rant

#11 ThisisInsane

ThisisInsane
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

Well, that's certainly some motivation to get healthier.

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:24 AM

Yes. I seriously think America needs to do that.

I have to pay extra on my health insurance because I 'smoke'. But other than that, I'm very thin and fit. I think a fat person has just as much risk for disease as I do, but you don't see insurance companies charging THEM more for it. Diabetes, poor circulation, heart troubles. You should be penalized if your choice of lifestyle is hazardous to your health. Sorry, but it is a choice to smoke, and generally a choice to be fat. Sometimes genetics are a factor in how fat you are, but there's no getting around the fact that a lot of Americans are obese because they don't eat right or exercise. It should be penalized.

And I think people should be taxed if they have fat ass kids too. Other than thyroid problems, there's no reason for a 6 year old to weigh more than 100lbs. 1 out of 3 kids in the US is considered overweight or obese. It's disgusting. I work in a pharmacy, and it's astonishing how many inhalers and nebulizer solutions insurance companies have to dish out to kids because they're so fat they can't even breathe right. It is costing a fortune, and you cannot tell me it's not associated with their weight.

Or maybe they're smokers. But they sure look fat when their parents pull up in the drive-thru. Because their parents are ALSO fat, and too lazy to walk into the store.

There is a high tax on cigarettes, and I pay it because I like to smoke. Why shouldn't there be a high tax on sugary, or high calorie foods? Sure there will still be a line of fatties stocking up on Twinkies, and bitching about how much they cost, but I bet a lot of people, especially wellfare folks, would lose a lot of weight if fattening foods weren't so cheap.

/rant

I like cheap twinkies :(.

Can they give you a tax rebate if you excerise? :p

Edited by iargue, 13 November 2009 - 06:25 AM.

#13 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

I feel sorry for those who are genetically fat.

But the Japanese showed are probably a little overweight. Working really makes the belly grow.

#14 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:03 AM

I like cheap twinkies :(.

Can they give you a tax rebate if you excerise? :p

Canada has rebates for being active methinks (gym membership, rock climbing etc. Might be for kids only though I vaguely remember a commercial from like a year ago)

#15 Winnie777

Winnie777
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:31 AM

Canada has rebates for being active methinks (gym membership, rock climbing etc. Might be for kids only though I vaguely remember a commercial from like a year ago)

Now that you mention it, I think I remember that too...and it's only for kids~

The Japanese already have the longest mortality rate...and I think with this they might be prolonged even more in the future.

I think it's really ironic how Japanese people are sooooo weight-concise, and yet, their signature sport is Sumo Wrestling. Maybe the Sumo Wrestlers will run the country one day because anyone else is so tiny and frail and....squishable :p

Edited by Winnie777, 13 November 2009 - 10:34 AM.

#16 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, how is that going to work with sumo wrestlers? Maybe they have special provisions for athletes?

I think in the video it said that the law only affected anyone over 40 (and actually had a job). So when retire, you can be as fat as you want. XDD

#17 Winnie777

Winnie777
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, how is that going to work with sumo wrestlers? Maybe they have special provisions for athletes?

I think in the video it said that the law only affected anyone over 40 (and actually had a job). So when retire, you can be as fat as you want. XDD

Oh yah, I forgot about the 40-year-old bit~ I don't think Sumo Wrestlers can live that long?? o_0
It's sad but sumo wrestlers don't live that long due to their extreme obesity throughout their life.

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

I like cheap twinkies Posted Image.
Can they give you a tax rebate if you excerise? Posted Image

HAHAHA you should still be able to get twinkies cheap. We should only tax it for fat-fat-fatties.
There should be a button on the register that they press to indicate if the shopper is tubby, and charge them more.
;)

#19 Ellcrys

Ellcrys
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

I think the idea is rather ridiculous. Japan has such a dense population what's it gonna matter if a small percentag a obese/overweight. Most Japanese are skinny as hell anyways. Plus I don't think they should base it on waist size, it should be body fat percentage. In thevideo the lady wasnt even holdingthe tape measure straight, it was all crooked and over his pants and shizz.

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

I think the idea is rather ridiculous. Japan has such a dense population what's it gonna matter if a small percentag a obese/overweight. Most Japanese are skinny as hell anyways. Plus I don't think they should base it on waist size, it should be body fat percentage. In thevideo the lady wasnt even holdingthe tape measure straight, it was all crooked and over his pants and shizz.

The issue is because fat people cant squeeze into the train as well as skinny people. To save money of public transport, people need to be skinny!

#21 Ellcrys

Ellcrys
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

Lol good point iargue. Didn't think about it that way.

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

In thevideo the lady wasnt even holdingthe tape measure straight, it was all crooked and over his pants and shizz.

She should have measured lower, that way she would have found out why he's called Hung Lo.

#23 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

I envy people never get fat even after gorging food(burgers, fries, everything).

#24 Jweave

Jweave
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

/rant

I know a soda tax, also known as the 'obesity tax' was proposed at one point as an approach to paying for universal healthcare.
http://www.cbsnews.c...ry5009316.shtml

I really didn't follow the proposal but I'm assuming they didn't go anywhere with it...

#25 bendy

bendy
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

Being fat should be illegal everywhere

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users