Photo

Help me understand girls.

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 jarviscocker

jarviscocker
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

Since when would an artist want candy over a ring? Rings are more beautiful. And since when did preppy/sporty guys like romantic dinners?

Just my experience. Most artists I know are either annoyingly quirky or full blown eccentric and tend to avoid any mainstream stereotypes of their expected roles in relationships, whereas sporty dudes seem to typically be very much into the mainstream and happy to do things like romantic dinners for a girlfriend or buy her a nice necklace for an anniversary. Obviously not always true, but I'd chalk up this girl's reaction to more her personality type than her having a vagina.

#52 kwaffle

kwaffle
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

Just my experience. Most artists I know are either annoyingly quirky or full blown eccentric and tend to avoid any mainstream stereotypes of their expected roles in relationships, whereas sporty dudes seem to typically be very much into the mainstream and happy to do things like romantic dinners for a girlfriend or buy her a nice necklace for an anniversary. Obviously not always true, but I'd chalk up this girl's reaction to more her personality type than her having a vagina.

Haha yes, I agree. I prefer a box of mac n cheese and a movie at home with my boyfriend than some fancy dinner out. I am a super cheap date for him though anyway, I always try to pay for things (we have fought over restaurant checks and i've stolen his wallet from him just so he won't pay for things). And if he manages to pay for a movie out, I'll insist that I buy him snacks.

Actually, I'm working about 600 miles away from home this semester. Last weekend i drove home and surprised him, visited him for a day, then spent sunday driving back. he didn't have cash but his dad came in to pay him $100 for work they did on a house. I told his dad not to pay him until after we get back from dinner so that my boyfriend couldn't pay for it.

He's lucky though, I love him =] apparently i'm a rare case.

#53 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:54 AM

Get over girls. Get into women.

#54 Guest_MissMurder_*

Guest_MissMurder_*

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

Wow, that guy is a retard, if I was dating him and he got me a bag of TWIZZLERS I'd kick him in the balls. e___e
A real man gets his hon some of this:

http://ecx.images-am...AA280_SH20_.jpg
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
Posted Image

Edited by MissMurder, 21 November 2009 - 07:29 AM.

#55 reesepuff

reesepuff
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:20 AM

getting someone a bag of twizzlers on a one year anniversary isnt right. thats like your mom giving you a bowl of mac cheese on your 18th birthday as a presnt because you like it

#56 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

getting someone a bag of twizzlers on a one year anniversary isnt right. thats like your mom giving you a bowl of mac cheese on your 18th birthday as a presnt because you like it

Maybe if she got me a carton of mac and cheese I wouldn't be pissed. That's some damn good mac and cheese right there. Especially if it's the name brand shit.

#57 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

Better than nothing. I wouldn't be mad at all, I'd be quite happy that she made me mac and cheese. :p

#58 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:45 PM

And you expect something materialistic? Heck, it would be a great gesture of my mother to do something like that, it shows that she didn't just remembered my birthday, she was nice to go out of her way to make me something she knows I like instead of going to the store and buying something without ultimately knowing if I would like it or not.

Besides, it's not like your 18th birthday is even special, yeah you can legally go to bars and purchase alcohol (In Canada) and cigarettes, but that's not that great, you're just another year older.

Edited by Elindoril, 21 November 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#59 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

I think flowers and the lollies would've been a good option, but if it was accompanied by a really nice and meaningful card... I wouldn't honestly care what my potential boyfriend gave me.

Maybe I'm just one of those women who don't give a fuck what I'm given as an anniversary present. :p

#60 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

I think flowers and the lollies would've been a good option, but if it was accompanied by a really nice and meaningful card... I wouldn't honestly care what my potential boyfriend gave me.

Maybe I'm just one of those women who don't give a fuck what I'm given as an anniversary present. :p

*wish more girls were like you* :p

#61 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:30 PM

Hehe, it's true, though.

-shrug-

I find it amusing, like I understand the male language. At work, they come in... glance at me, point furiously at the toilet and grunt... therefore indicating that they need the toilet open. I'm just chuckling, when it could've been asked... "Could you unlock the toilet please?"

Ah well. I think the one thing I dread in my future relationships is if my man has the door open and he's doing his business and expects me to talk to him at the same time... o.O I can only tolerate so much :p

Nearly 26 and single. Go figure. xD.

#62 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

It's just a day really. :/ What matters is how the relationship is overall. If it hangs in the balance just because of one day then there's something wrong. :p

#63 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

It's just a day really. :/ What matters is how the relationship is overall. If it hangs in the balance just because of one day then there's something wrong. :p

I dunno. Shes fucks better when shes mad at you? :p (According to all of the songs atleast. I dont piss my girlfriend off, and she deffinately isnt a whore enough to have sex with me if she was mad at me)

#64 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

I dunno. Shes fucks better when shes mad at you? :p (According to all of the songs atleast. I dont piss my girlfriend off, and she deffinately isnt a whore enough to have sex with me if she was mad at me)

How does angry sex make someone a whore? That's just tension release with the best person for the job o__o

#65 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Inexpensive, doesn't last long, can't be shown off to friends, she is saddened by the shallow nature of their relationship/her own personality which she is reminded of by the twizzlers?

Would be my guess

Good to see you're still here.

She's a bitch. What'd she get HIM? I'll bet it wasn't near as expensive/shiny as what she expected for herself ;o

In short, most girls = bitches, the ones that aren't are usually taken, and if they're not, pounce on that shit dawg, 1 of quality's worth 10 in the sack ;p

#66 wolfrevenant

wolfrevenant
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

I guess she expected more than a bucket of Twizzlers for their 1 year anniversary. And yes, girls also treasure 1 year anniversaries, probably as highly as their 10 year anniversaries and so on. She was probably expecting something more grand like an expensive dinner outing, followed by another expensive gift. The bucket of Twizzlers are best served on a regular day.

#67 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

I guess she expected more than a bucket of Twizzlers for their 1 year anniversary. And yes, girls also treasure 1 year anniversaries, probably as highly as their 10 year anniversaries and so on. She was probably expecting something more grand like an expensive dinner outing, followed by another expensive gift. The bucket of Twizzlers are best served on a regular day.

When you are freaking hungry, Twizzlers are food for the soul...

#68 beanso

beanso
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

Those buckets of twizzlers are amazing!
Two summers ago my roommates and I bought 2 of them and we had endless uses for them.
We made huge-ass braids out of them, used them to drink various sodas and beer, tried smoking them (we were drunk, give us a break), threw em at each other.

Basically, amazing.

#69 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

I'm sure since the end of rape being acceptable... women have been like this. At least in the courting stage.

Yeah, around cavemen times...since civilized society, if there wasn't a Dad or Assorted Male Relative lording over the female, it would be the Husband. Should random man have raped female, a vigilante group may have gone after him for it. However, rape in marriage was legal for a long time, and technically legal in some parts of Australia until 1991 (? i think). I'd argue it's only really in the past 40 years when women aren't the property of men that the whole "rape being acceptable" thing has re-developed. And even though courts do hear more rape cases, the vast majority of crimes are NEVER reported and US/Australian courts really aren't set up well to handle them.

I totally agree with the people who say men play games straight back, because they do. E.g. men lie to women and say they'll call them and pretend to like them more than they do, so they never call. Bad behavior really begets bad behavior, so if there are some female sharks out there, you know where they've been breeding from...Women are usually programed to be more monogamous. There ARE more women who will sleep around and date whoever and not commit nowadays. Generally though a good proportion of women go into things with huge expectations of things lasting forever etc etc, and play games to protect themselves- to make sure the guy's committed. Which isn't necessarily the right thing to do, but...

Without knowing a lot more about the relationship where the twizzlers were exchanged, it's hard to judge...but I'd say, it was a gift with thought involved, which is sweet. Probably something made of a precious metal that can be worn would have been more what she was thinking. I think her inital comments was her feeling "sorry" for herself. Maybe she's entitled to it, but it doesn't reflect well on her.

#70 roxasrocks

roxasrocks
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Maybe she's upset that it wasn't chocolate. Lol
Idk what she's so upset for. Maybe she wanted a car? Hehe

#71 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

I guess she wanted something immaterial. Something that contains some kind of message. You know what I mean? It doesn't have to be expensive. Girls are not that greddy as you may think.

#72 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

I guess she wanted something immaterial. Something that contains some kind of message. You know what I mean? It doesn't have to be expensive. Girls are not that greddy as you may think.

He gave her something that she liked, and he knew she liked, and remembered. Obviously she is greedy.

#73 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

He gave her something that she liked, and he knew she liked, and remembered. Obviously she is greedy.

I don't think so. Sure, she likes it but it's just something to eat, there is nothing special, no message... I guess even a single rose or a framed picture with the two of them would have been better, although it is not expensive.

#74 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Maybe he doesn't know how to satisfy his lady.
Maybe she's just a shallow bitch. *shrugs like Kanye West*
If you're dating a guy who buys you a candy you like, but you're displeased by it, then dump him.
If you're dating a girl who is ungrateful for a gift you bought her, then dump her.
I don't see what's so hard to understand.

#75 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

I don't think so. Sure, she likes it but it's just something to eat, there is nothing special, no message... I guess even a single rose or a framed picture with the two of them would have been better, although it is not expensive.

Then she'd probably say "It was our one year anniversary and all he got me was a picture of us, I have a bunch of those on my computer already!" Or something like that.

Really, if she can't just appreciate the thought of the gift and not the gift itself, then she has problems.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users