Quantcast

Photo

Why is it okay for girls to do this, but not guys?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

So we don't peek at each others' naughty parts, silly. Also, if you own a family establishment, you don't want couples going into the same restroom.

LOL. How true.

#27 jarviscocker

jarviscocker
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

That's a very biased view kbbb.

What's biased about it? For the most part, it sounded like standard, third wave feminism to me, aside from some of the religious stuff which I'd disagree on but whatever, I don't think that's really very relevant in this debate. But otherwise seemed pretty fair to me.

I get the feeling guys don't really like being forced to realize they're born privileged, but can't say for sure since I'm uh, pretty clearly a girl. But I was way reluctant to realize how privileged I was by being born white in America and it took me ages not to be defensive and dumb about it (WAHH WHY ISN'T THERE WHITE HISTORY MONTH/A WHITE ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL/OMG WHY DON'T I GET A SCHOLARSHIP FOR BEING WHITE/IT'S NOT MY FAULT AND IT HAPPENED 200 YEARS AGO JUST GET OVER IT GEEZE!! etc) but you'll get there eventually. Probably. Feminism is about equality for BOTH sexes. (and i swear if someone says WELL WHY DON'T YOU CALL IT EQUALISM THEN i will figure out how to rig their computer to punch them in the face)

Edited by jarviscocker, 24 November 2009 - 01:20 AM.

#28 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

What's biased about it? For the most part, it sounded like standard, third wave feminism to me, aside from some of the religious stuff which I'd disagree on but whatever, I don't think that's really very relevant in this debate. But otherwise seemed pretty fair to me.

I get the feeling guys don't really like being forced to realize they're born privileged, but can't say for sure since I'm uh, pretty clearly a girl. But I was way reluctant to realize how privileged I was by being born white in America and it took me ages not to be defensive and dumb about it (WAHH WHY ISN'T THERE WHITE HISTORY MONTH/A WHITE ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL/OMG WHY DON'T I GET A SCHOLARSHIP FOR BEING WHITE/IT'S NOT MY FAULT AND IT HAPPENED 200 YEARS AGO JUST GET OVER IT GEEZE!! etc) but you'll get there eventually. Probably. Feminism is about equality for BOTH sexes. (and i swear if someone says WELL WHY DON'T YOU CALL IT EQUALISM THEN i will figure out how to rig their computer to punch them in the face)

Posted Image

I said it.

Edited by Elindoril, 24 November 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#29 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:19 AM

That's a very biased view kbbb.

I was commenting as to the sway of posts. But all opinion is that-opinion :)

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:12 AM

I was commenting as to the sway of posts. But all opinion is that-opinion :)

Not all opinions are equally valid.

#31 saif

saif
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:58 AM

Listen to the girls, you get good things in return if your normal.
No need to prickle around the thorn for little things like this.

#32 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Only 12 year olds or people with 12 year old mentality have posters on their walls.

#33 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:44 AM

Only 12 year olds or people with 12 year old mentality have posters on their walls.

The one that I mentioned in my first post does act like she's 12 sometimes.

I said something to her boyfriend about his sister because we were having a fun-arguement, and she found out and jumped down my throat about it. If I wasn't a calm person, I woulda smacked the shit outta her. lol

Listen to the girls, you get good things in return if your normal.
No need to prickle around the thorn for little things like this.

I'm not "prickleing around the thorn."

It was just an observation that pissed me off. I also think it was the fact that she had been getting on my nerves all day :p

#34 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

I am religious and my views on certain things are very much in the minority, and I know that, and I know that the majority of people disagree with me on them. I am a proud feminist.

I agree with you, feminism seeks to put both genders on equal footing, and i think it needs to be called feminism because society has some inbuilt bias towards men and it sets to even things out. There are some who aren't interested in that- some feminists have splintered and become man-haters, it's the same as; The IRA are now peaceful however there is a group calling themselves the "new IRA" who are still committing terrorist acts (except feminism was never a terrorist group, but it did seek to make changes to society like these groups tend to)

In reply to Sunscorch, it is an opinion of whether one opinion is more valid than another.

#35 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to the world of girls! They love double standards. Guys have to follow the rules, but the rules never apply to them. Dont even imagine trying to tell them that you dont like something they did, because instead of you just wishing they didnt do it, it either is

A) Your insecure, and need to let her have her freedome
B) You find everything wrong with her, and she just isnt good enough for you, and shes a terrible gf, etc etc.
C) All of the above
D) Wildcard!

Of course. Thanks to Double Standards, we will see alot of girls post that they are not like this all. Do not be fooled.

I am a female and can confirm this is true.

#36 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

Ok this is a fun chat but let's not hurt anyone's feelings please. kb don't take anything here to heart. Let's keep this a fun lol topic.
No pouncing kitties.

#37 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

Ok this is a fun chat but let's not hurt anyone's feelings please. kb don't take anything here to heart. Let's keep this a fun lol topic.
No pouncing kitties.

I think Jarvis is the one taking everything more seriously.

Really, why get worked up about an argument on a forum?

#38 jarviscocker

jarviscocker
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

lol i'm not rly worked up, i just have like no patience for people being retarded about this kind of thing. i'm used to forums that are more female dominated, i guess, so i rarely encounter it anymore. but then when i do i'm like MAN WHY ARE YOU SO OUT OF THE LOOP OF THIS SEXISM THING and yell at people until they change their minds. or at least pretend to. it's almost refreshing getting to yell at guys for once, usually it's misogynistic women (you know the type - 'ooo i hate other girls they're so catty, so all my friends are guys!!'/'i'm not like other girls at all i'm more like a guy i'm the best girlfriend ever because i'm so much like a guy heehee n___n'/etc) which is much more depressing anyway.

#39 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

"Fighting over the internet is like the Special Olympics: You might win, but you're still retarded."

Sorry if no one else finds that funny :p

#40 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

"Fighting over the internet is like the Special Olympics: You might win, but you're still retarded."

Sorry if no one else finds that funny :p

I find it funny because it's true...

It's just words. Nothing more.

No offence to the disabled athletes out there though :)

#41 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

lol i'm not rly worked up, i just have like no patience for people being retarded about this kind of thing. i'm used to forums that are more female dominated, i guess, so i rarely encounter it anymore. but then when i do i'm like MAN WHY ARE YOU SO OUT OF THE LOOP OF THIS SEXISM THING and yell at people until they change their minds. or at least pretend to. it's almost refreshing getting to yell at guys for once, usually it's misogynistic women (you know the type - 'ooo i hate other girls they're so catty, so all my friends are guys!!'/'i'm not like other girls at all i'm more like a guy i'm the best girlfriend ever because i'm so much like a guy heehee n___n'/etc) which is much more depressing anyway.

You can really yell at me all you want, but if I have an opinion about something, yelling at me like a buffoon won't change my mind about it, and using caps all the time isn't helping to solidify your argument either.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users