California Movement to Ban Divorce.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 AjayC

AjayC
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Thoughts? I dunno, seems kinda wacko to me. But then again. It IS California.

#2 Ellcrys

Ellcrys
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

I don't think it would really happen. Or that it would be a very good idea. Sometimes people just need to seperate or things can just get way worse, even violent. Sometimes it takes many years for a person to realize they want someone else, maybe even decades.

#3 AjayC

AjayC
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

It's really just the gay community getting pissed off.

LOL at this quote: "Since California has decided to protect traditional marriage, I think it would be hypocritical of us not to sacrifice some of our own rights to protect traditional marriage even more"

owned.

#4 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

Doubt it. Divorce does bring in some nice tax for the cash-strapped state...

#5 AjayC

AjayC
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

Oh, and incase you non-californians don't know. That quote is referring to Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage in the state.

I'm not sure how much coverage that got outside of my great state :)

#6 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

Nah divorce is important. People just go ok we're getting married then they get to know each other. Divorce is needed.

#7 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

Nah divorce is important. People just go ok we're getting married then they get to know each other. Divorce is needed.

It means they wont do that shit anymore. They will instead actually fucking wait till they know each other.

I didnt read the artice... I hope they include an exclusion for cheating lying dirty whores.

#8 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

It means they wont do that shit anymore. They will instead actually fucking wait till they know each other.

I didnt read the artice... I hope they include an exclusion for cheating lying dirty whores.

But that is like the gray area...people can claim their spouse is what you just said and circumvent the point of the law

#9 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

But that is like the gray area...people can claim their spouse is what you just said and circumvent the point of the law

At which point I guess I'll just result to killing her. No way I am spending my life associated to someone who betrayed me.

#10 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

Not gonna happen. Case closed.

Edit: After reading it :p the guy makes a really good an legitimate point. But it's still not gonna happen.

Edited by Melchoire, 01 December 2009 - 11:10 PM.

#11 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

That means celebrities who marry for five minutes have to say with their spouse as a result of a drunken night on the town.

Hear that, Britney? Lol lol.

#12 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

At which point I guess I'll just result to killing her. No way I am spending my life associated to someone who betrayed me.

Or you could just live in separate homes and not interact with each other :S

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

Or you could just live in separate homes and not interact with each other :S

I'm not spending a single fucking cent on that bitch. Ever. And, I'm not associating my name to her, or taking responsibility for anything she has done. I'm not visiting her in the hospital, and definitely do not want her visiting me. Hell, I never ever want to see or hear from her.

Divorce is the only damn option. And if thats illegal, I guess I'll have to go to the illegal act that I can still commit. Murder.

#14 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

There's a reason why 50% of marriages end in divorce.... the people don't belong with the other person, enough said. Take away divorce, and then watch what happens (ie. the kind of stuff iargue is talking about).

Just because the web designer guy who's pushing this is happily married, doesn't mean everyone will be/is. :p

#15 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

Why do people have so much free time that they can just try and make up laws? Get a damn hobby.

#16 saif

saif
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

They got a hundred reason to make up shit,
yes they're from cali

Edited by saif, 02 December 2009 - 09:29 PM.

#17 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

Why do people have so much free time that they can just try and make up laws? Get a damn hobby.

Or get a good lobby ;P

#18 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:51 AM

Has anyone read the article? It's a satirical point-making movement.
Guy is win.

#19 AjayC

AjayC
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

Has anyone read the article? It's a satirical point-making movement.
Guy is win.

I know! It's hilarious how badly he owns Californians.

#20 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Maybe it's not so whacko...a little extreme maybe. A few months ago the now leader of the Opposition party in Australia said marriage should be harder to get and harder to get out of, and there should be a return to the laws before "no fault divorce" came in. So people couldn't just break up if they were fighting. You could say that's well on to heavily restricting divorce (not banning it)

#21 SillyInsaneLittleGirl

SillyInsaneLittleGirl
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

haha i thought it was funny xD

The effort is meant to be a satirical statement after California voters outlawed gay marriage in 2008, largely on the argument that a ban is needed to protect the sanctity of traditional marriage. If that's the case, then Marcotte reasons voters should have no problem banning divorce.

that guy is brilliant! :]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users