Photo

does this matter?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

I just decided to google abrosia and came across this..

http://www.gamerznee...yer-v0-9-x.html

Another site with shadowlink64 posting the file for others to download.

I know that you need to sign up here anyways to use it so I wasn't sure if it mattered..I'm sure you guys know of this already anyways

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:40 PM

If I'm not mistaken, that is SL himself doing work for codex :).

#3 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

hah ok then i'm silly. I also noticed many sites for cracked abrosia..but that really wouldn't make sense would it because if you cracked it then it wouldn't use the db. If a person got one of those versions they would have to make their ownlists right? and all it would save them from doing it 500 posts?

#4 AjayC

AjayC
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hmm, seems like he's just advertising. Didn't he work on that project?

#5 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

so there was a project to advertise the program?

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

hah ok then i'm silly. I also noticed many sites for cracked abrosia..but that really wouldn't make sense would it because if you cracked it then it wouldn't use the db. If a person got one of those versions they would have to make their ownlists right? and all it would save them from doing it 500 posts?

Those 'cracked' versions are actually just trojans and keyloggers. :/ Nothing we can do about them but they're nothing to worry about.

And yeah those posts by ShadowLink are part of our advertising. :p

#7 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

yeah I was thinking that they would not be safe to download. I hope people don't fall for it. I bet half the people complaining that their accounts were hacked on the neo forums downloaded those and complain because they never actually did cheat yet because the program did not work.

wouldn't advertising the program take away from a lot of profit in game for you guys? I understand that you would want more people using the program because it makes the database better and more people would give money to have instant advanced...wait i just answered my own question..but wait. Didn't you guys only start the pay thing last month?

I've gone and confused myself again.

#8 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

500 posts is a lot ... there's no temporary authorization for those of us who are good for it? I guess paying $5 is another way. I'll have to mull that one over. Only working one day a week and gas is killing me.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

500 posts is a lot ... there's no temporary authorization for those of us who are good for it? I guess paying $5 is another way. I'll have to mull that one over. Only working one day a week and gas is killing me.

It does work perfectly well without having Advanced Member features you know, you can still make plenty of profit.

#10 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

Has there always been an option to pay for abrosia or did I just totally miss it?

#11 ThisisInsane

ThisisInsane
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

Has there always been an option to pay for abrosia or did I just totally miss it?

This was just recently added, you could go purchase an advanced membership by clicking your username at the top of the page and click "purchase paid subscription."

#12 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

yeah you can pay its like 5$ for a month or 18$ for 6 months and there is something inbetween.

I Would pay but the account i'm abing on isn't even a month old and I have exams and then next semester is gonna be even busier.

I just wish it wouldn't put me in shops like defence magic. You guys should make it so that after each 100 posts or something you can pick one shop to not go into. Then at 200 2 shops it will not go into :)

That would just be idea for me I understand if you dont want to hah. I'm also canadian so paying 5$usd is more like 5.36 or something no fair :p

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

Hmm, seems like he's just advertising. Didn't he work on that project?

If by "work" you mean did everything by himself. Then. Yes. :p

#14 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

I know it works perfectly well, but it's the principal of the thing! That at the NP Gen bonus

#15 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

I know it works perfectly well, but it's the principal of the thing! That at the NP Gen bonus

Do you expect them to just give up all their hard work to every person that comes by wanting an autobuyer? If they did that neopets would be swarming with crazy bots. At least this way they have an advantage over the new guys.

Its pretty crazy that they even let brand new people use the program. But I guess they get a more complete and accurate database from it.

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

Do you expect them to just give up all their hard work to every person that comes by wanting an autobuyer? If they did that neopets would be swarming with crazy bots. At least this way they have an advantage over the new guys.

Its pretty crazy that they even let brand new people use the program. But I guess they get a more complete and accurate database from it.

We let new people use the program, because we dont believe programs should cost.

#17 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

We let new people use the program, because we dont believe programs should cost.

But you are charging to have full use of the program faster?

#18 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

or be a member long enough to have 500 posts which at the rate your spamming wont take you long.

#19 Insanity

Insanity
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

or be a member long enough to have 500 posts which at the rate your spamming wont take you long.

I think that that rule should change. Like knocking the post requirements down to like 300.
Only the posts that have actual content would count as a part of the 300.
But of course thats something that would happen in a perfect world. *sigh*

I guess I'm just annoyed that the spammers reach their 500 posts before I do just to get Advanced Membership.
And then we never see or hear from them again. <_<
But like the saying goes.... life's not fair.

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

Of course we are. People bitch 24/7 about how long it takes to get 500 posts. The programmers finally get paid, and people who are patient get it for free, people who are not, get it for $3. This is full of win. Its a win, win, win, win situation. :p

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

I think that that rule should change. Like knocking the post requirements down to like 300.
Only the posts that have actual content would count as a part of the 300.
But of course thats something that would happen in a perfect world. *sigh*

I guess I'm just annoyed that the spammers reach their 500 posts before I do just to get Advanced Membership.
And then we never see or hear from them again. <_<
But like the saying goes.... life's not fair.

The spammers can easily get their post count reduced or even banned for continuously spamming, if the Admins see it fit to do so, so that won't be a problem.

Though, the requirement is fine, if you choose to actively post or to post a few times a day, then that decides how fast you get to Advanced. Heck, it took me 3 months to get to Advanced Member (Granted I joined before Abrosia was released) but even when it was and I wasn't advanced, I still kept the same pace going for posting, as Abrosia easily made me some profit even with it's limits. (Mainly because I don't try to shoot for high goals like 100 million or because I actually have some patience where it's needed).

#22 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

I was not complaining about having to pay money...I dont know why you guys get defensive. I was just commenting because you said

"We let new people use the program, because we dont believe programs should cost."

nobody seems to get me..i'll go sulk in a corner :)

I'm not complaining about 500 posts. It really isn't that much considering if you come on and say something a few times a day you'll get there within a couple months..which isn't long when you have a life of work/school. I only got more posts today because I had an exam and no work so only 2 hours of college today.

Edited by unworthy, 07 December 2009 - 10:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users