Photo

Neopets and Firefox add-ons

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

So I play Neopets on Firefox and I've got Adblock Plus for the advertisements, ReloadEvery for refreshing here and there and FoxyProxy for side accounts. Is anyone here using any addons for Neopets that can be useful?

#2 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

They have been developed and have been available for years in private circles :p. They aren't available to the public here yet though :p.

#3 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Greasemonkey... (maybe Neopets toolbar for Tarla if you can get it to work)

I personally use Adblock Plus for the ads, Tab Mix Plus in place of RefreshEvery, FoxyProxy if I ever decide to use a proxy, Greasemonkey for very useful javascripts, external IP to keep track of my ip, iMacros for those simple scripts without messing with javascript, ReminderFox so I don't miss the Snowager, Deadly Dice, updates, etc.

I don't really use Firefox anymore because it feels so bloated after using Chrome for so long. For Chrome, I use Flashblock to block everything flash, sometimes Adblock, ChromeReload for auto refreshing, ShowIP to track my current ip, and a handful of Greasemonkey scripts since they are mostly supported. I'm hoping to see more useful extensions once Chrome 4 comes out of beta.

Edited by Chocobo, 21 December 2009 - 03:00 PM.

#4 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

Foxyproxy? Ahh... I've just been going on laggy, most likey virus ridden proxy sites. Thanks for posting that.

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

Greasemonkey... (maybe Neopets toolbar for Tarla if you can get it to work)

I personally use Adblock Plus for the ads, Tab Mix Plus in place of RefreshEvery, FoxyProxy if I ever decide to use a proxy, Greasemonkey for very useful javascripts, external IP to keep track of my ip, iMacros for those simple scripts without messing with javascript, ReminderFox so I don't miss the Snowager, Deadly Dice, updates, etc.

I don't really use Firefox anymore because it feels so bloated after using Chrome for so long. For Chrome, I use Flashblock to block everything flash, sometimes Adblock, ChromeReload for auto refreshing, ShowIP to track my current ip, and a handful of Greasemonkey scripts since they are mostly supported. I'm hoping to see more useful extensions once Chrome 4 comes out of beta.

Chrome is a pretty good browser. It has the best of Firefox (extensions) and the best of Safari (webkit rendering = speed!) in one :p. I'm just waiting until extensions are enabled on macs :p. Even subscribing to the developers channel didn't enable them :(.

#6 Vexage

Vexage
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

Didn't know about foxyproxy. I've just been praying they didn't make a correlation between main and side accounts. Thanks for this one.

Also, chrome > firefox? I've been meaning to check it out but I'm just so happy with FF.

#7 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Didn't know about foxyproxy. I've just been praying they didn't make a correlation between main and side accounts. Thanks for this one.

Also, chrome > firefox? I've been meaning to check it out but I'm just so happy with FF.

yes, eventually though. But I am so used to my addons that I am still lingering onto ff....

#8 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

Chrome scares me. I'm like 99% sure that in about 5 years, Google will take over the world <_<

Reminderfox and Greasemonkey are new to me, so thanks for that!

Edited by Devilfish, 22 December 2009 - 03:43 AM.

#9 beanso

beanso
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:03 AM

Chrome scares me. I'm like 99% sure that in about 5 years, Google will take over the world <_<

Andddd?

#10 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

That is if we are still here in 5 years.

Anyways, I doubt Google will take over the world unless the future ends up like Matrix with Google in command. Maybe the Internet but definitely not the world.

#11 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

Megacorps. They terrify me. None of you ever played Shadowrun?

#12 bamban

bamban
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hide Menubar is awesome to get rid of the 'File, menu, view, etc.' strip at the top of FF. I like to have all workable space as I can get :thumbsup:.

#13 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

thanks guys. I only had ad-block plus as an add on. Now I can use these others.

#14 bamban

bamban
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

Adblock Plus Element Hider is really helpful if you want to 'legitimately' restock (aka by blocking out all of the junk items). You press CTRL + ALT + K and anything that your mouse hovers over can be hidden. I use it to block the entire bottom banner, the Nickelodeon banner at the top, and my Neofriends avatar at the left side since animated gifs get on my nerves.

#15 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

Bamban, I may just want to have your babies for that. Awesome stuff! :thumbsup:

Edited by Devilfish, 25 December 2009 - 05:29 PM.

#16 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

can you get extensions for chrome? i only thought you could on ff

Edited by jonnykun, 25 December 2009 - 09:11 PM.

#17 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

I like FF a little better than Chrome, but I use both.

I use GreasMonkey, AdBlock Plus, and FoxyProxy.

#18 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:21 AM

One problem I have with FoxyProxy is that the connection slows down to a freaking crawl. Waiting over wo minutes for one page to load does not help side account managing. Any idea where I can get decent free ips?

#19 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:30 AM

I like FF a little better than Chrome, but I use both.

I use GreasMonkey, AdBlock Plus, and FoxyProxy.

True. I have used many browsers, and think that FF is the best, esp when restocking without MSAB.

I think Chrome is like a combined browser of FF and Safari, which I hate it very very much.

Edited by Giuseppe di Stefano, 27 December 2009 - 09:30 AM.

#20 CDXX

CDXX
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Neopets sidebar quicklinks for Greasemonkey (puts all the dailies on a nice little bar on the left under neofriends)
Neopets inventory fast price check for Greasemonkey (allows you to check prices on your inventory items without ever leaving your inventory, works even when on fairy quests)
Neopets Lunar Temple for Greasemonkey (does the lunar game for you)
Neopets adsremover 1.2 for Greasemonkey (removes ads)

These are the current scripts that I am running. The price check one is freaking great, so is the dailies quicklinks one.

#21 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:33 AM

I keep on cursing TNT as the Toolbar cannot be used on FF new versions:angry:

#22 Zhuris

Zhuris
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:43 AM

Not using any neo-related extensions for FF, but I might try out some of those Grease monkey scripts. I'm developing one currently (Entirely legit, before you ask..), so a few others wouldn't hurt.

Anyone who hasn't tried Chrome, really should. A lot more lightweight than FF, and quicker. I still use FF, but Chrome is now my main browser, and has been for quite some time.

#23 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:30 AM

You know, I might give Chrome a try, seeing as everyone seems to prefer it...

#24 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

I keep on cursing TNT as the Toolbar cannot be used on FF new versions:angry:

What does the toolbar offer?

#25 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

What does the toolbar offer?

It tells you when Tarla is giving away stuff...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users