Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia Idea

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Abrosia

To make abrosia for 100 posts + people so we can get better items.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

DZ is pretty suck, yeah. We're trying to be better by making everything accessible to everyone. ^_^

#52 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

and that's exactly why this site is the best :D

#53 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

well just to show you actually can get items and on slow times too.

Posted Image

#54 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

The fact that the poll is now tied scares me a little...

#55 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

Actually I think ShadowLink was leaning heavily towards no when he posted so he has the last say in it all. I feel confident that it won't change.

#56 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Actually I think ShadowLink was leaning heavily towards no when he posted so he has the last say in it all. I feel confident that it won't change.

I think that the general consensus is actually NO.

Also, MasterJunpei, that screen is full of win. :)

#57 Atmosphere

Atmosphere
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

lol? Isn't it possible for him to make accounts and just vote "Yes"? lol.
Only atleast 10 actual people (to lazy to count) have voted and made a response in this topic.

And doesn't the last say go to the programmer + mods? lol.

#58 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

yeah, but i still don't think the mods should change it. the programs are too good to have leechers get at them.

#59 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

yeah, but i still don't think the mods should change it. the programs are too good to have leechers get at them.

Do you even know what's going on? If the mods do change it, then it limits the leechers, not the other way around.

And I honestly think you post too much too fast, but that's just my opinion.

#60 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

Do you even know what's going on? If the mods do change it, then it limits the leechers, not the other way around.

And I honestly think you post too much too fast, but that's just my opinion.

It's my opinion, too. 80 posts in one day... =/

#61 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:46 PM

Ahahaha, he's been ressurecting all kinds of threads every time I turn around and refresh to homepage T_T

#62 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:35 AM

That word gets tossed around a lot, I notice. Define 'leechers'. Most people make them sound like cackling evil parasites that feed on the hard work of others. It's very easy to be against a group of users if you make them into that kind of caricature.

Edited by Devilfish, 27 December 2009 - 05:23 AM.

#63 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

I think this will cause either

A) Increase in useful(40%) and useless(60%) posts in the forum

or

B)More people switching over to similar sites to use their programs instead.

#64 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

That word gets tossed around a lot, I notice. Define 'leechers'. That word gets tossed around a lot, I notice. Most people make them sound like cackling evil parasites that feed on the hard work of others. It's very easy to be against a group of users if you make them into that kind of caricature.

Traditionally, a leech would be someone who only takes and does not give back in any way.

Because of Abrosia's functionality, this is pretty impossible. Anyone who is buying is adding to the database at the same time. I was here running Abrosia before the database was fully populated, and it was rough going. Now that there are so many people using it, the database is better than it ever has been before, thus Abrosia is more powerful than it ever has been before.

In the sense that it's being thrown around now, many people are looking around here and noticing that many of our top "contributors" are not
a) posting
b) purchasing advanced
c) joining the IRC

We are a friendly group and I think some of us get a little put off when people take the time to find our programs, but don't take the time to really get to know us. All in all, though I like the program as-is. I get my buys (you need to find the right shops, really, and you get that functionality at Advanced) and do a good job bringing in the NPs; the spam still occurs, but not as bad as I've seen elsewhere; ad the database is kicking ass and taking names. I don't think I could really ask too much more of the program.

#65 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

Traditionally, a leech would be someone who only takes and does not give back in any way.

Because of Abrosia's functionality, this is pretty impossible. Anyone who is buying is adding to the database at the same time. I was here running Abrosia before the database was fully populated, and it was rough going. Now that there are so many people using it, the database is better than it ever has been before, thus Abrosia is more powerful than it ever has been before.

In the sense that it's being thrown around now, many people are looking around here and noticing that many of our top "contributors" are not
a) posting
b) purchasing advanced
c) joining the IRC

We are a friendly group and I think some of us get a little put off when people take the time to find our programs, but don't take the time to really get to know us. All in all, though I like the program as-is. I get my buys (you need to find the right shops, really, and you get that functionality at Advanced) and do a good job bringing in the NPs; the spam still occurs, but not as bad as I've seen elsewhere; ad the database is kicking ass and taking names. I don't think I could really ask too much more of the program.

exactly, and less people using AB would probably result in a less accurate item database

#66 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

The database is so much more accurate now than it was even a few months ago. And that is because of all the people using it.

#67 Atmosphere

Atmosphere
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

lol I love Abrosia. It RSes just like I normally RS.
But instead of wasting my time, I'm not. :D

#68 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

I see how that is annoying.
I just want to add that punishing many for the tresspasses of a few is never a good idea. And the idea of a shared database is both very clever and very well implemented here. Even leechers contribute in a very minimal way. Smart. Much smarter than being a closed insader community. I'm impressed, honestly.

#69 CraigChrist

CraigChrist
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

I never said close the community i seen several of you have said that. I was just saying change it to get rid of the leechers. SL and JCR make a good point about the database. I'm actually surprised no one has started flaming. This is a great discussion.

I agree we should have more people in the irc channel we do a lot of program talk there.

#70 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

i guess its settled then... leave abrosia as is

#71 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

i guess its settled then... leave abrosia as is

Oh sure, I think that's a given, since the programmer has the final say. But it's interesting to hear how other people want to see this community evolve.

Edited by Devilfish, 27 December 2009 - 02:00 PM.

#72 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, for sure. I'll probably be open to this discussion again sometime later when we see the effect of releasing more high-profile programs like Abrosia. MSABing is definitely only the beginning. :p That's mainly why I don't want to restrict things too much just yet.

#73 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

I'm active on the forums, but I don't really do IRC...

#74 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

well just to show you actually can get items and on slow times too.

Posted Image

How are you able to change the refresh times when you are a regular member?

#75 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

How are you able to change the refresh times when you are a regular member?

We only impose a minimum refresh time on members. :p They can increase it to as much as they want, but the minimum is 8 seconds.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users