Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia Idea

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Abrosia

To make abrosia for 100 posts + people so we can get better items.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

We only impose a minimum refresh time on members. :p They can increase it to as much as they want, but the minimum is 8 seconds.

Ah :p. I thought there was a default setting and that was it.

#77 plookle

plookle
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

I actually kind of like the 500 minimum, not becasue I'm there and feeling all superior (I'm definitely not there). I just feel like it's a goal, and if it keeps the boards busy than why not?

#78 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

I actually kind of like the 500 minimum, not becasue I'm there and feeling all superior (I'm definitely not there). I just feel like it's a goal, and if it keeps the boards busy than why not?

I rather agree. ^_^

#79 Kas

Kas
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

So most of the people like the way it is right now, huh? Would it be changed though if a lot of people were for the 100+ post idea?

100 post isn't a lot, really, but if it was changed to that wouldn't the determined would-be leechers just become sort of "semi-spammers". Like posting on nearly every topic with something that agreed with what they were talking about, then going off to the next.

Well, I dunno. Kind of hard for me to explain, I hope ya get it. xD

#80 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

How do you last so long without getting RS banned? Nice.

As things are going now, I have my own list and only restock one shop. I got ENOUGH my first week. Thats good enough for me.

Also I really like the database, it's what separates Abrosia from the competition. It's not like it's hard for anyone here to switch to another program. Therefore I render (personally) the change useless.

Do as you wish though. I have over 100k forum posts on other forums, reaching 100 non-spam posts with 40 others vying for the same goal will be no problem what so ever :)

Edited by kittycat161, 29 December 2009 - 08:43 PM.

#81 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:13 AM

I don't concider myself a spammer or a leecher at this point, but I sure as hell wouldn't have been here is there was a 100+ post requirement. I'm not sure how to explain, but it comes across as very elitist. If all I could get here was a Kacheek Seek autoplayer (no offence meant, but I'm sure everyone understands that's not exactly a hot program) I would've moved straight on. As it is I had a go at Abrosia and some other programs, came back here to look at the topics about them, noticed this was actually a nice community and went from there. Trust me, you don't want to keep all the good stuff for advanced members. It's a show of good faith to offer at least one really good program to the masses. If all a newbie gets is well-made but fairly small-ticket programs, they'll quickly feel like they get fed the scraps that the elite insider community has no use for. Offereing a very good program like Abrosia like it is now, it really sets this place apart, it shows good faith and a willingness to welcome new members instead of treating everyone who downloads a program as a potential ebil leecher. If I can make a guess, I'd say it'll decrease traffic and activity rather than increase it.

#82 domini212

domini212
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

i say a yes. but maybe for 300 posts. it will get improve the database

#83 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:47 AM

I don't concider myself a spammer or a leecher at this point, but I sure as hell wouldn't have been here is there was a 100+ post requirement. I'm not sure how to explain, but it comes across as very elitist. If all I could get here was a Kacheek Seek autoplayer (no offence meant, but I'm sure everyone understands that's not exactly a hot program) I would've moved straight on. As it is I had a go at Abrosia and some other programs, came back here to look at the topics about them, noticed this was actually a nice community and went from there. Trust me, you don't want to keep all the good stuff for advanced members. It's a show of good faith to offer at least one really good program to the masses. If all a newbie gets is well-made but fairly small-ticket programs, they'll quickly feel like they get fed the scraps that the elite insider community has no use for. Offereing a very good program like Abrosia like it is now, it really sets this place apart, it shows good faith and a willingness to welcome new members instead of treating everyone who downloads a program as a potential ebil leecher. If I can make a guess, I'd say it'll decrease traffic and activity rather than increase it.

A very well thought-out and eloquent argument that I agree with. Except the thing about Kacheek Seek. It's free NP, man!

#84 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

I say yes...but maybe not as harsh as 100 though. I fell even a low post count requirement like 10 or 20 will help to create this community feeling...

#85 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:20 AM

A very well thought-out and eloquent argument that I agree with. Except the thing about Kacheek Seek. It's free NP, man!

:p So true.

I really want to make it clear that I don't look down my nose at programs like it, autoplayers and such. I'm very happy there are people out there who make these programs and share them with programming n00bs like me. I was talking about the fact that the np output of an autoplayer compared to the np output from autobuyers is relatively insignificant, nothing about the quality of the program or the effort put into making them. Just to be clear.

Edited by Devilfish, 07 January 2010 - 06:21 AM.

#86 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:01 AM

i voted no because people should be posting make them earn it. i mean i am a new member. i just got back to neopets and this neocodex site is helping me out bigtime. chea!

#87 Gerda

Gerda
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

My choice is a no. It is great that the programs here are free to use and it should stay that way. Personnally I'm pretty forum-shy (had bad experience with that) but this seems like a nice site, so I might try to be more active. If that doesn't work, well I will get there in 2 years, just for adding my pet zapsPosted Image In the meantime Abrosia is a great program to use, even as a non-advanced member. I made in a month more NP than I did in two years by playing games... If you increase the amount of posts just for the usage of it, it will only increase spam.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users