Photo

2009 - Best and worst

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Vexage

Vexage
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

Just saw Star Trek, add that to the list. I see a lot of love for up but it still wont ever have a place in my heart like WALL-E.

#27 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:18 AM

well Hangover rocked, and Star Trek got my vote cause they were blaring the Beastie Boys 5 minutes in. Past that most of the movies were rather sucky this year. -sigh-

#28 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

Whats watchmen about?

It's based on the graphic novel written by some hairy English guy who lives in a cave somewhere.
From wikipedia:
Watchmen takes place on an alternate history Earth where superheroes emerged in the 1940s and 1960s, helping the United States to win the Vietnam War. The country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union, freelance costumed vigilantes have been outlawed and most costumed superheroes are in retirement or working for the government. The story focuses on the personal development and struggles of the protagonists as an investigation into the murder of a government sponsored superhero pulls them out of retirement.
The film can be confusing to people who haven't read the comic, in fact I know a lot of people who were totally pissed that it wasn't an X-Men movie. It is pretty dark and has a naked blue penis in it. But it is a beautiful film.

I really enjoyed Inglorious Basterds as well this year. I thought Brad Pitt and the "Jew Hunter" were really awesome.

I didn't care for the new Star Trek. Alternate reality, eh? Whatever. It was pretty pointless. Call me old fashioned, but I like my Kirk to be smart and smooth. Not stupid and sleazy. Don't even get me started on that Quinto Spock.

I have to agree that New Moon was the worst. AHAHAHAHA. Kristen Stewart, Taylor Whats-his-face, and Edward Cullen are so hot right now they aren't even required to actually try and ACT anymore. Show up on set, moan a bit, bite your lip, and cry. I can't wait for the Rifftrax to come out on that one.

#29 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

I have to agree that New Moon was the worst. AHAHAHAHA. Kristen Stewart, Taylor Whats-his-face, and Edward Cullen are so hot right now they aren't even required to actually try and ACT anymore. Show up on set, moan a bit, bite your lip, and cry. I can't wait for the Rifftrax to come out on that one.

AGREED. haha that's the plot in a sentence basically. throw in some lame wolf transforming action and you got new moon. hahaha
i actually felt that Up was a really good movie, despite its kiddy theme. i really enjoyed watching it

#30 wretlingrock

wretlingrock
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

The hangover was one of the funniest movies i have ever seen

#31 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:21 AM

UP was extremely good and extremely sad. I'd pick that over pretty much anything last year. Nothing else was very memorable.

#32 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

Oh my god I HATED public enemies. Sooo much. I loved Watchmen

I have no taste in movies. I like what i like :p

#33 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Best Avatar,Worst Watchmen

#34 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Best: Hangover Worst: New Moon
Most over rated: Avatar

#35 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

wow, I did not like Watchmen at all.

#36 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

wow, I did not like Watchmen at all.

Then go watch the Watchmen then.

#37 Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:00 AM

AGREED. haha that's the plot in a sentence basically. throw in some lame wolf transforming action and you got new moon. hahaha
i actually felt that Up was a really good movie, despite its kiddy theme. i really enjoyed watching it

The actors/actresses in New Moon were like robots. I actually enjoyed Up, it was a pretty good movie.

#38 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

There were a few good cg movies this year like Coraline and Up.
I thought The Hangover was unbelievably overrated.

#39 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:57 AM

I would say the best was inglorious basterds. that was a kickass movie.

Avatar was way overrated, it was predictable and not terribly exciting at least for me.

#40 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:46 AM

Anyone looking forward to live action pokemon in 3D!?! Just an idea.

I think. That. Would. Be. Epic. :drool:

I don't think Transformers 2 deserves a worst ever rating, because it most definitely was not.

Avatar isn't that overhyped; I really enjoyed it, and from reviews and such I'm sure others did too. :funone:

Watchmen was decent. Up was also only decent for me.

#41 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

I would say the best was inglorious basterds. that was a kickass movie.

Avatar was way overrated, it was predictable and not terribly exciting at least for me.

Yes some even compare it to the Titanic. Way overrated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users