lol check out this neomail i got about an item im selling

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 reesepuff

reesepuff
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

Sent: 11/1/2010 02:19pm Folder: Inbox Subject: my brother Message:

my brother loss all his money becuse a ghost took all hims neoponts you can help him accepting all him have???can you hold this egg untill he won some points and sell all him have???thank you man really!!!hes freaking man!!!the the name of my brother is XxXxXxX thank you!!!

Edited by reesepuff, 11 January 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Better accept it, that's totally legit.

Spoiler

#3 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

Wow i need another cup of coffee..

i take it this is for a draik egg?

#4 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

[Report Message]

my brother loss all his money becuse a ghost took all hims neoponts you can help him accepting all him have???can you hold this egg untill he won some points and sell all him have???thank you man really!!!hes freaking man!!!the the name of my brother is XxXxXxX thank you!!!

I'd report and block. That screams scam to me.

I got a good one today. Someone asked me to lower my store prices, they were too high. Yeah right:

a) I use NeonAP so yeah its the lowest
b) I have been abing rare items so no I won't sell that item for too cheap..

So I deleted the email. People Posted Image

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

Might want to remove the Report Message link in there.

#6 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Haha I love neomails like that. Today I got one like, "ok i bid on ur trade u have to accept now ACCEPT NOW PLZ!!!!!!!!!!"

They bid 676 neopoints on an item worth 500,000.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

Haha I love neomails like that. Today I got one like, "ok i bid on ur trade u have to accept now ACCEPT NOW PLZ!!!!!!!!!!"

They bid 676 neopoints on an item worth 500,000.

At least they had the courtesy to Neomail you, all I got was someone constantly bidding very low amounts of NP on an Unbuyable and didn't get the hint when I constantly rejected them.

#8 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

theyre just banking on the fact that you might accidentally click accept . so funny cause once i almost did, i asked for 550K and he offered 550. was 1/2 second away from clicking. thank god. hahahahaha

#9 Danielle88

Danielle88
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

theyre just banking on the fact that you might accidentally click accept . so funny cause once i almost did, i asked for 550K and he offered 550. was 1/2 second away from clicking. thank god. hahahahaha

You can report that, TNT said it's intentional scamming in an editorial

#10 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

You can report that, TNT said it's intentional scamming in an editorial

I

wait

what?

Also speaking of trading post offers, it seems like every time I log on and somebody's made an offer on something, I go to accept only to find they've pulled their offers. Every one of them. Just did this like an hour ago, saw the guy hadn't pulled his offer yet, went to check it out and HE PULLED IT while I was navigating the screens. Argh.

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

ROFLmao!!!!! Scammmmer!

#12 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:48 AM

Poor brother. You should give him the item as compensation

(assuming its a draik egg... where the hell is he gonna gather up the 'points' that quickly? :p)

#13 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:06 AM

Heh, I did that two days ago, actually clicked accept. Half a mil down the drain, that'll teach me playing neopets at 3am :rolleyes:
Didn't know I could report her for that though. Wish I'd remembered the username now, but nothing to do about it now.

I'd love to have an opinion about this, but I can't even fucking read it! Can someone translate this to English?

Edited by Devilfish, 12 January 2010 - 04:08 AM.

#14 saif

saif
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:28 AM

Lol I had one that said, 'hey the soap you are selling, is overpriced, last time I checked witch was today it was 1000 so price it no more than 1500 pleez!'
bloody noob lol.

Then I checked his acc and it was disabled.

#15 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:56 AM

hey send him something worth a few hundred k then send him a neomail saying "thank you for your purchase of the xxxxxxxx i hope you enjoy your item. Your paypal funds have cleared"

lmao

#16 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

hey send him something worth a few hundred k then send him a neomail saying "thank you for your purchase of the xxxxxxxx i hope you enjoy your item. Your paypal funds have cleared"

lmao

LOL, I wonder if that would get you frozen though? If not, that'd be a sweet way to get jerks frozen.

#17 knowidea

knowidea
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

LOL, I wonder if that would get you frozen though? If not, that'd be a sweet way to get jerks frozen.

Of course it would get your frozen.... That does not mean that you could not keep some accounts around building up to do just this to people that are annoying...

#18 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

That just gave me a new idea for transferring np from shells to a main while freezing jerks. Have your main account make friends with the jerk, make a lot of np on your shell, send an item from the shell to your main, send a neomail to the main saying "Hello <main>. <jerk> has purchased <item> for you so enjoy your gift.", and send a neomail to the jerk saying "Thank you for purchasing <item> which has been sent to <main> as specified. Your paypal funds have cleared." Have your main report the neomail without accepting (or rejecting) the item until the shell is frozen.

If that works well, your main (and maybe the item) will survive because you never accepted the transaction so you didn't broke any rules. I'm too lazy to try it out right now to find out what happens to gifted items if the sender gets frozen without accepting or rejecting it.

#19 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

Whats the max a ghost can take anyways? lol

#20 vendetta.inc

vendetta.inc
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

God I love nubs.

#21 Vexage

Vexage
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:33 AM

This sounds like it would work all the time. I'm going to try it.

#22 nolan1989

nolan1989
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

god damn, some people will try anything

#23 Deviiouz

Deviiouz
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

I have...a VERY!!! hard time deciphering that...

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:37 AM

Yeah no kidding. I was like "... wait.. uh.. egg...?" I'm terrible when things aren't worded properly :o

#25 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

I'd mail them back with something just as indecipherable and try and scam the scammer. That's always fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users